Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

kitten was stepped on. help

PDDMSCILU
August 17th, 2009, 05:41 PM
My 3 week old kitten was stepped on by my 25 year old cousin. she started to move around with her head arched back and flipping around. she was also moaning. he took her to the vet and they gave her a steroid shot. they then said that she should be taken back to her mother and see what happens. the kitten is now moving around a little but is very hesitant. she is also sleeping very much. I would like to know why she is so sleepy and if there is anything I can do to help her a little more.

Tundra_Queen
August 17th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear bout your poor kitten.

She could be sleepy cause she had a terrible trama to her tiny body by a giant! She could be sleepy cause of the shot. Were x rays taken to see if anything was broken?

I would not be picking her up in case u do more injury to her. I would just keep a very close eye on her and if your not sure call the vet!

Debbie

PDDMSCILU
August 17th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks for replying.

X- rays were not taken because frankly I cant afford it.

right now she is walking a little more and is more alert. but still sleepy. she looks to be getting alot better.

:offtopic: BTW I see that your dog's name is Tegan. do you by any chance know Tegan and Sara??

Tundra_Queen
August 17th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I know a Sarah but she doesn't own a dog named Tegan :)

BenMax
August 17th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I presently have a cat that was deliberately strangled by an A hole. She was motionless, could not walk and her eyes rolled back. She was given something to bring down the swelling in the brain and also steroids as well.

She is now mine and is a healthy, funny little girl. A little quirky probably due to this incident but I adore her.

Just watch the kitten closely. If you think something does not seem right, then go back to the clinic. You could also go to another vet to get a second opinion (which is what I would do if you are concerned and not getting answers).

PDDMSCILU
August 17th, 2009, 09:05 PM
well its a band.

Thanks She is even more alert now and she is meowing a little which I think is a good sign. but she is kind of limp. what does that mean?