Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Best Friends DogTown trainer John Garcia to appear on CNN's Larry King Live TONIGHT

diandpat
August 17th, 2009, 03:28 PM
For those of you who don't get National Geographic Channel, Dogtown took in over 20 of the Vick dogs to rehab. John is one of the trainers. This should be a very interesting show...if Larry doesn't screw it up!!!! :laughing:

He will have one of the Vicktory Dogs, Georgia, with him. She is the bitch that they PULLED ALL HER TEETH OUT so she could be raped for breeding!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

chico2
August 17th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Awww I love John Garcia,I'll have to watch it,thank's!
I don't believe Larry King is a great animal-lover or a good interviewer,but we'll see what happens.
Georgia is a great example of Vicks dogs,to bad she cannot speak.

babymomma
August 17th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Should be great! Hes one of my fav from dogtown.... I keep telling mom im moving there when Im done school.. :p

Georgia:cloud9: I remember her... I remember seeing the rape stands and OMG.. If I could only get a hold of michale vicks, um.... wait.. This is a kid friendly forum.

Chaser
August 17th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Really looking forward to this. Larry King bugs me, but John is fantastic and I adore Georgia :lovestruck:

mollywog
August 17th, 2009, 08:36 PM
did anyone else watch it? I just caught the tail end :p of it.... and saw the lovely Georgia. What a cool pup she was!!! Poor girl with no teeth :cry:

I am still in shock that they let Michael Vick back into the NFL. He doesn't seem to be able to admit to exactly what he was doing. what a monster. :evil:

Chaser
August 17th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I know....he talks more as though he financed it but that was all. He fails to mention the hands-on torture he inflicted. And now he wants to work with the SPCA to be part of the "solution"???? More like a desperate bid to save his image.

What I couldn't believe is how the president of the Humane Society commented that he believes anyone can change their ways regarding treatment of animals. B.S.!!!!! If you are capable of strangling a dog to death you are a sick, twisted person who would never be capable of truly loving an animal. It isn't an on-off switch....it's a way of life. Volunteering for the Humane Society my @$$.....why are they even involved with him???? He worded it as they give animals second-chances, so Vick should get a second chance too. That's not even an appropriate comparison! Dogs who need second chances never had any choice in the matter. Vick made a conscious decision to be a cold-blooded (insert string of expletives here)!!!!!!!

lUvMyLaB<3
August 18th, 2009, 07:06 AM
i so agree! My daughter and i love georgia! Just moved and dont have t.v. Yet. . . Any hilights??? I am so glad they gave those dogs a shot at rehab! As for vick. . . . He is not worth the time or energy to speak of. I am sick of the fame he is getting from this

diandpat
August 18th, 2009, 09:57 AM
This is the link to John's interview for anyone who missed the broadcast last night...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/08/18/lkl.vicks.dog.georgia.cnn?iref=videosearch

DoubleRR
August 18th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Thankyou for that link--I can't stand Larry King but really wanted to see that part!!

mollywog
August 19th, 2009, 09:24 AM
oh wow, that was it? I thought he would be on there longer. John Garcia said some good things and beautiful Georgia spoke for herself :cloud9: but Larry sure didn't have much to say. What a crusty old guy! I have a feeling he's not much of a dog lover!! :frustrated: