Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ARGH....worst time of the year as a student

onster
August 17th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Course registration woes. I thought it was bad for UW, when I couldnt get into courses i wanted cuz they were full.

Well apparently with the U of G, u cant even access the site cuz there's too many other students doing the same :yell: this for the past 3 hours...bloody hell. At least with UW I could log in and never once had this message.....at least put me in a que! nope..try again 'shortly' :frustrated:

* Everything will be alright* * Breathe in, Breathe Out*

onster
August 17th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Im just gonna let all the other students fight it out..im off to bed. Who needs fall classes anyway?? :frustrated:

Hakuna matata :cool:

and so the frustrations of student life begin....again :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
August 17th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Holy catz!! You couldn't even get on in the middle of the night?!? sigh...

At the U here, they assigned you a date and time to register--you could register any time after your 'appointment'. It didn't totally eliminate the "try again later", but it at least spread out the big rush...

Good luck today, onster! :goodvibes:

Love4himies
August 17th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Holy catz!! You couldn't even get on in the middle of the night?!? sigh...

At the U here, they assigned you a date and time to register--you could register any time after your 'appointment'. It didn't totally eliminate the "try again later", but it at least spread out the big rush...

Good luck today, onster! :goodvibes:

:laughing: Hazel, remember being a young 'un? Middle of the night is when the kids are most active :laughing:. I have to wait until the day is half over before I can call my daughter on her day off :frustrated:, then it's time for my nap :p :laughing:

Try at 7 AM, not so may kids awake then, Onster.

CearaQC
August 17th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Put Bunduk to work and have him press F5 every few minutes for you.:laughing::laughing: Oh wait he might eat the button instead. Scratch that idea.

onster
August 17th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Hazel, the most annoying thing is u unlike UW, their schedule of classes is inaccessible unless you are logged in. I mean I couldnt even say ok whatever i dont have to register now, but lemme see how classes are filling up, maybe form a plan B.

At UW we had appointments too (so the site never crashed in my yrs of study) but seems at Guelph its a free for all.

What made it all worse is that I got my acceptance after the original course selection deadline in July so I got to go second round so it was already slim pickings with few spots in classes. Add that to not being able to log in and I was super frustrated!!

Thanks for the tip L4H, I actually couldnt sleep cuz I was fretting and ended up registering at 4am :D SOooo tired now but at least I got into classes :thumbs up And without my program counsellor's help :rolleyes: been trying to reach her for 3 weeks...never picks up the phone and never returns messages..and when i try to speak to anyone else they tell me I have to talk to her :rolleyes: Oh AND I am still misssing my registration info package which I was told would be sent shortly in an email on July 9th. Not a good first impression eh??

Come on Guelph, Im trying to like u, be good to me!!

Nonethless, I am excited.

breeze
August 17th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Come on Guelph, Im trying to like u, be good to me!!

Nonethless, I am excited.

:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

Love4himies
August 17th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Bet Queen's U would have treated you better :p :D

onster
August 17th, 2009, 11:42 AM
LOL would u believe it ceara I'm actually missing my 5 (not F5) right now. I have no idea where it is... he was climbing all over me this morning when I was trying to register and then I brushed my teeth, closed the laptop and went to bed. He mustve stole it when I was in the washroom :evil::evil:

I sincerly hope he didnt eat it :yuck:

onster
August 17th, 2009, 11:45 AM
thanks breeze :grouphug::goodvibes:

lol L4...at this point I reckon they probably would have :p so how far are u from guelph? do u know? I basically have tuesdays and thursdays off all semester..im thinking roadtriping :D

onster
August 17th, 2009, 11:47 AM
and alas now I must get ready to go to they gym :yuck: I didnt go since wed last week and mama's homecoming feass havent helped the cause :o bad bad me....so even tho i really could use 4 more hours of sleep :sleepy: off I go

but thanks for letting me rant guys :grouphug:

Im getting nervous I have to admit

Love4himies
August 17th, 2009, 11:50 AM
thanks breeze :grouphug::goodvibes:

lol L4...at this point I reckon they probably would have :p so how far are u from guelph? do u know? I basically have tuesdays and thursdays off all semester..im thinking roadtriping :D

Ummmm, about 600KM I reckon :shrug: Have to go see where Guelph is. Isn't that close to Kitchener? Queen's U is in Kingston, the very eastern side of Lake Ontario, at the beginning of the beautiful St Lawrence River.

http://www.queensu.ca/

Love4himies
August 17th, 2009, 11:52 AM
and alas now I must get ready to go to they gym :yuck: I didnt go since wed last week and mama's homecoming feass havent helped the cause :o bad bad me....so even tho i really could use 4 more hours of sleep :sleepy: off I go

but thanks for letting me rant guys :grouphug:

Im getting nervous I have to admit

Awww, you will feel better after a good workout, onster :grouphug:, get that blood circulating, waking up them brain cells so they can get ready for some more of that learning thing you do so well.

hazelrunpack
August 17th, 2009, 09:21 PM
:laughing: Hazel, remember being a young 'un?

No.

:o

:laugh:

:p

So whatchya taking this semester, onster? :D