Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

13yr old GSD needs a home

Winston
August 14th, 2009, 08:21 AM
13yr old Shasta needs a home!

Shasta's owner passed away and she is being looked after by one family member and they do not want her. They are currently sending her off a couple of days a week to a kennel / boarding facilty and a few days with the remaining family member.

Shasta is up to date on shots, no medical issues and is apparently good with other dogs and cats.

If you are interested in helping this gal out please pm me. She has until September to find herself a home!

Golden Girls
August 14th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Aww that's sad :sad: she looks like a sweetheart :goodvibes:

14+kitties
August 14th, 2009, 08:29 AM
:sad: That's the gal you and Sylvie were telling me about the other day. Poor sweetie. I wish I had room here but just can't see it.
I will keep my fingers crossed a gardian angel will come along soon. :pray:

mollywog
August 14th, 2009, 08:32 AM
aw she does look like a sweetheart, and she looks great for her age.
Poor thing, she must be so confused now. :pray::goodvibes: that she finds a loving home soon :fingerscr

Chaser
August 14th, 2009, 11:09 AM
OMG.....I want her :lovestruck:

But we're looking at finally bringing my in-laws senior to our house, because if she doesn't lose weight she'll probably be dead in a year. With three dogs in a bungalow there is no way I can take any more :sad: I really hope she finds a home! :cry:

I can tell this girl is going to haunt my thoughts.....

ancientgirl
August 14th, 2009, 01:18 PM
She's just gorgeous! I hope you can find a home for her.:pray:

Winston
August 14th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I dont want to change the subjust of this thread but it also points out a haunting reminder that we all need to consider what will happen to our beloved pets if something happens. You never know and they could end up euthanized, or not wanted by anyone, sitting in shelters etc etc. Please pass the word on to those you know that have pets to consider ahead of time what should be done IF that time comes. Make the plan, put it in writing and tell someone so they know what should be done! it is soooo very important. Last but not least be sure that you have discussed it and everyone knows what should happen.

Then poor puppers like this one one sit around waiting to see whats gonna happen next! I bet she is confused! :sad:

Thank you everyone!

BenMax
August 14th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Winston, this is heartbreaking. I am going to try to relay this pupper to all my contacts.

Is there a time limit on this dog?

Winston
August 14th, 2009, 02:20 PM
BM thanks dont be upset please...This is life and we will do our best MF!

I was told September but am pretty sure that we can work something out.

Yes please feel free to pass the word along! If you cant reach me BM you can contact Sylvie. Thank you so much! :thumbs up

BenMax
August 14th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I am on it. I think due to a reasonable time line this can be done. I pm'd Sylvie. We can do this. I know it.:thumbs up

chico2
August 14th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Awww Ben-Max,hopefully you can find someone to take her ,,she looks soo sad:sad:
I would take her in a heartbeat if I could..
You are an :angel2:for trying:grouphug:

My son took in an old Sheltie(:rip:Trixie) after the owner had died,she sat for weeks at the front-door waiting for her owner to come and get her,it was heartbreaking.

Chaser
August 14th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I am on it. I think due to a reasonable time line this can be done. I pm'd Sylvie. We can do this. I know it.:thumbs up

You're an :angel: BM....I am absolutely heartbroken I can't take this girl in. She's been on my mind all day. :sad:

BenMax
August 14th, 2009, 08:53 PM
It's Winston and Sylvie that are the guardian angels for this girl. All I can do is network to try and help. Together and with my contacts I am sure we can come up with something.

It's the seniors that really tug at me. I personally have a soft spot for them and I refuse to walk by them when going to pull them out from wherever. Sure having the good looking, young ones are great and re-home quickly, but the older ones have little hope. You can see it in their eyes.

Yep - many sleepless nights for the elderly but it's not over until it's over right?

MyBirdIsEvil
August 14th, 2009, 09:18 PM
OMG, if I was closer I would take the poor thing in.:sad:

hazelrunpack
August 14th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Shasta's a beauty, Winston. I don't understand why the family won't take her in. :sad: What a way to honor the memory of their loved one! :cry:

I hope the perfect :angel: comes along for her soon! :goodvibes:

BenMax
August 14th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Shasta's a beauty, Winston. I don't understand why the family won't take her in. :sad: What a way to honor the memory of their loved one! :cry:

My thoughts exactly. Why would anyone not take in their families animals? I know that my mom adores her dane and heaven forbid anything happen to her, I would want what was closest to her - her monster dog! I don't understand people at all.

krdahmer
August 15th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I wish we were better off right now, I'd take her in a heartbeat! It really saddens me when these very loved dogs loose their owners then no one they know will take them in.... so sad.:sad: Unfortunately with Chase not working we can barely afford to keep up with the cat costs around here... (:laughing: the cats get their goodies and we are left with $10 for groceries this week! Shows my priorities!!! :lovestruck::rolleyes:) But she sounds perfect for us, a little older so not rambunctious and good with cats!

Lots of :pray::goodvibes: that she finds the perfect 'retirement' home!!