Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Eagles sign Vick

kathryn
August 13th, 2009, 08:34 PM
http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/08/espn-vick-signs-twoyear-deal-with-eagles.html

On behalf of the entire city of Philadelphia (of which I am a metro-area member) I would like to apologize for our home team signing a scum of the earth dog murdering animal torturing :censored::censored: :loser::loser: :yuck::evil: :wall:.

14+kitties
August 13th, 2009, 08:47 PM
The only way the message is going to get across to the mighty NFL is to stop watching football. Now do you really think a football loving nation like the United States is about to give up their favourite game because of one :loser: who deserved to spend his life behind bars? The answer would be a resounding No!!
So, what can you do about it? The only way it will sink in that people do not approve of Vicks' despicable actions is to stop filling the NFL's very deep pockets. Just my :2cents:

kathryn
August 13th, 2009, 08:56 PM
My dad is a GIGANTIC eagles fan.. he is FURIOUS. if vick really is playing (he honestly can't believe it) he said he's done with them. he has 2 eagles tattoos and an entire eagles wardrobe... He said he is ASHAMED to be an eagles fan right now..

waiting until the protests start. You better count me in for those!

LavenderRott
August 13th, 2009, 09:01 PM
The only way the message is going to get across to the mighty NFL is to stop watching football. Now do you really think a football loving nation like the United States is about to give up their favourite game because of one :loser: who deserved to spend his life behind bars? The answer would be a resounding No!!
So, what can you do about it? The only way it will sink in that people do not approve of Vicks' despicable actions is to stop filling the NFL's very deep pockets. Just my :2cents:

Watching the games doesn't make the NFL the money. Unless, of course, you are sitting in the stands.

You are better off not buying any football related products and writing to sponsors. The NFL makes a ton off of sponsors. If they pull their adds, the NFL might just listen.

Shaykeija
August 13th, 2009, 10:25 PM
all we need now is a list of their sponsers.

LavenderRott
August 13th, 2009, 10:28 PM
all we need now is a list of their sponsers.

I would love to help here - but I refuse to watch football. I absolutely despise the sport.

MyBirdIsEvil
August 14th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Well, I was a huge NFL fan, and I personally decided to stop watching football and never buy any of their merchandise again when I heard Vick was being reinstated. My husband did the same. It would be great if all other animal lovers would do similar, but I don't see it happening.

Glad I've already stopped watching football because I USED to be an Eagles fan. Well, not anymore.

Watching the games doesn't make the NFL the money. Unless, of course, you are sitting in the stands.

You are better off not buying any football related products and writing to sponsors. The NFL makes a ton off of sponsors. If they pull their adds, the NFL might just listen.

Yeah, but the sponsors only pay for ads because of the huge ratings. If people stop watching then there's no reason for the sponsors to pay for ads.

Writing the sponsors is still a good idea, but they won't care as long as the amount of people watching the game doesn't go down that much.

Golden Girls
August 14th, 2009, 06:59 AM
OMG longtime Eagle fan, CRUSHED

Kathryn my roomie not only has an entire eagle wardrobe like your dad (I have some) we also have an entire eagle house, clocks towels cups the biggest fridge magnet ever, flags everywhere - you name it it's here

Was sooo looking forward to Sept 3rd's Jets preseason game. A trip was also planned for their opening game

And then this news :sad: I don't understand why they would do this, these fans can be the cruelest of cruel (of course with reason lol) but common - what are they thinking

NFL had an apportunity to teach through example a valuable "moral" lesson, instead they chose to not only reinstate MV but give a 1.6M contract with a 2nd yr option of 5.2M :eek:

There are petitions you can sign, send letters boycotting sponsor's that use the Eagles, Campbells being huge. Don't assume everyone else is, it only takes a few minutes, just google tons of stuff going on right now

CBS Sports' James Brown is doing a "60 Minutes" Report, why is this :censored: getting airtime :confused:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5240826n&tag=related;photovideo

:lightbulb: It is better to keep ones mouth closed and be thought a fool then to open it and remove all doubt.

I will NOT tune in and told them 60m@cbsnews.com

chico2
August 14th, 2009, 07:13 AM
I do not normally read the sport-pages,but have been for a long time,just waiting to see what team would be stupid enough to sign Vick.:yell:

I read even some of the players don't want him.
I like LR,cannot stand watching foot-ball and know nothing of the game.

He'll be making $1.6 mill,while the Best Friends Sanctuary are still trying to rehab his dogs,it's sickening beyond belief,but we all knew it would happen:evil:

There probably are people who figure he's done his time and is sorry,sure!!!
IMO,someone like this monster can never be forgiven.

14+kitties
August 14th, 2009, 07:22 AM

I kinda figured they went hand in hand. You don't watch the barbaric game to start with, football related products would naturally go down the toilet. I have never indulged in watching that "sport". Can't see the sense in grown men smashing into each other causing major injury and calling it fun. :shrug: If ratings went down for the televised games sponsors would stop trying to pawn their stuff during the game.

:lightbulb: Better yet, why not stop buying the sponsors stuff?

People have short memories when it comes to these atrocities. It needs to be kept in the forefront. Too bad his "salary" couldn't have gone straight to
Best Friends Sanctuary. :frustrated:

adammo
August 14th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Lots of Eagles fans here :).

I too am one and am very torn on this news. I despise what he did but I am a big fan of the NFL. I kept saying when they were talking about his re-instatement to forget about all of the outside stuff and just concentrate on why you watch sports - for the athletic ability and entertainment. Now that he is with my team it is much harder to tell myself this!! The one thing I keep thinking now is that there are a lot of athletes that live lives much different than we see in the games (McNair for example). I'm going to try and forget about the outside stuff, but I know it probably won't happen :(

LavenderRott
August 14th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I can't find the clip but I heard it several times on the radio this morning. About what Vick did - we all know that he destroyed several "under performing" dogs with his own hands - but when the interviewer was listing these things, he also mentioned "throwing the family dogs into a pit and lauging as they were killed". Personally - this is a whole new level of heartlessness and goes directly to the character of the "man".

Whether we like it or not, our sports stars are role models. Especially to underpriveledged children who live in exactly the same neighborhood the Mr. Vick grew up in and in similar neighborhoods around the country. Yes, he did his time. But that doesn't mean that he should be able to go right back to what he was doing before.

Pete Rose was banned for life from baseball for betting. No lives were lost. Because of his betting he is ineligable to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Melinda
August 14th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I went to the page and left comments, not good ones, I'm also writing to the city (P.A.) to voice my displeasure at how a "brotherhood" city could have links with this "mans" name....don't know if it will do any good, but if enough voice their opinions , we will be heard

marko
August 14th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I wonder if animal loving players on opposing teams will go after him with extra gusto during the game because of this. I won't know the answer though cuz even though I only watch maybe 3 games a year, those days are over effective immediately.

Melinda
August 14th, 2009, 10:39 AM
one can only hope they do Marko, maybe his career will end that way???

BenMax
August 14th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I think there will be reprocussions for him once he walks into play. I cannot believe (or I choose not to) that he will be welcomed back without reprisal. Someone here mentioned getting a hold of the sponsors. I think that is an excellent way for people to protest. He is bringing everyone around him down and they may not take too kindly to this.

Interesting that the name of this team is that of an animal.

LavenderRott
August 14th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Campbell's (as in soup) is one of the largest sponsors of the NFL with tons of their money spent on commercials featuring players.

Effective immediately - my house will NOT be eating Campbell's soup and we will be collecting all of our non-Campbell labels. These will be sent, with a note, to Campbell.

BenMax
August 14th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Campbell's (as in soup) is one of the largest sponsors of the NFL with tons of their money spent on commercials featuring players.

Effective immediately - my house will NOT be eating Campbell's soup and we will be collecting all of our non-Campbell labels. These will be sent, with a note, to Campbell.

Nice!!!:thumbs up

14+kitties
August 14th, 2009, 11:44 AM
This is an old sponsor article from when he was arrested. Darn, I love my Diet Coke! :sad:

http://www.petitiononline.com/ridofvic/petition.html

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_some_NFL_sponsors

Love4himies
August 14th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I guess it was pretty naive of my to think that a team wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pool. :sad:

ancientgirl
August 14th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I also hate watching any sports, especially watching a bunch of millionaires throw a ball around.

I can only hope this team has shot itself in the foot. I'd actually like to find out what the first game he will be playing in will be. Only to watch as he comes out on the field to really loud boo's!

BenMax
August 14th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Petition signed - thank you for the link.:thumbs up

CearaQC
August 14th, 2009, 12:40 PM
This is an old sponsor article from when he was arrested. Darn, I love my Diet Coke! :sad:

In my opinion do NOT drink anything with aspartame in it!!

http://www.ehow.com/facts_4904904_dangers-aspartame-diet-drinks.html

NFL is all about profit. Not surprised. I can't stand pro sports of any kind and support none of them.

MommaKat
August 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I am also surprised and upset about the Eagles signing him..

I did watch his press conference. Normally, I'm always advocating for 2nd chances but what he did was so cruel,monstrous and perverse. I have young Nephews who are HUGE football fans and I remember when all this started, my sister had to explain to them what he did and why he could not play football. I have no clue how she is going to explain why he's allowed to play again :frustrated::yell::shrug:.

Press conference video...

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5241995n&tag=mg;eveningnews

Dog Dancer
August 14th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Sad day for football. Unfortunately I don't believe that the vast majority of NFL fans are going to stop going to games to show their dislike of Vick. Eagles fans will largely continue to go to the games in droves. I agree that the best way to show our disdain is to let the sponsors know that we will boycott their products. The sponsors is where the money is at. But I say kudos to everybody who does stop going to the games because of this, and if I had any NFL stuff (especially Eagles) I'd mail it back to them.

chico2
August 14th, 2009, 03:51 PM
To be honest,I could not even watch the press-conference,to me Vick looks like Mefisto himself,a purely evil man.
Sure he is trying to be humble and sorry for what he did,but I just don't buy it,to do what he did to these poor animals,he has to be evil through and through,I could never in my life forgive such a person.

Melinda
August 14th, 2009, 06:26 PM
http://www.campbellsoupcompany.com/Feedback.aspx

campbellsoup web page canada, I just wrote to them

sugarcatmom
August 14th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Gotta love what this ex-Eagles fan is doing on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200373391871#ht_506wt_1167

Jim Hall
August 14th, 2009, 10:50 PM
lol free enterprise rulles

chico2
August 15th, 2009, 07:54 AM
SCM,that's so funny:laughing:love it:thumbs up

marko
August 15th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Just my two cents here, but I think the sponsors that MOST deserve the attention, would be any direct MV sponsors, the ones he personally becomes rich from. It may take a while till they sponsor him...but it will likely happen.

chico2
August 15th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Marko,I doubt and hope no company would sponsor him personally,but you never know,some people think what he did was nothing.

Personally,it really saddens me to know someone capable of drowning,electrocuting,hanging and burying dogs alive would be making $1,6 million.
Little Honey(I think her name is Honey)who had all her teeth pulled and was put in a stockade to be raped,is the spokes-dog for the horror this man inflicted on this dogs.

Golden Girls
August 16th, 2009, 09:44 AM
My :2cents:

MV did exceptionally vile and evil things and that's who HE is, it wasn't just a temporary lapse of judgement and hearing the Eagles & this POS say he made a mistake is repulsive!

The only mistake was reinstating him. It says it's ok to horrifically and sadistically kill dogs, it's ok to run an illegal gambling ring, ok to lie to the NFL Commissioner, lie to your teammates, lie to their sponsors and lie to fans of all ages. All in the hopes that he'll help them win their 1st super bowl title :eek:

So far it's not going over very well ... at all :thumbs up

You can send your comments directly to the NFL
http://www.nfl.com/contact-us

contact the Eagles main office 215.463.2500 http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/fanzone/faqs.asp#q1

And/or make it known that you will will not affiliate yourself with the Eagles' Sponsors (who they themselves are asking for an explanation)
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/corporatepartners.html

Dog's in the Kennel video (692,214 views) this video is being used in protest of his signing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW0dhh_Aj6A&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esackvick%2Enet%2F%3Fs%3Dto p%2Bvick%2Bprotest%2Bvideo&feature=player_embedded :sad:

diandpat
August 16th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Michael Vick will be on CBS 60 Minutes tonight. It will be interesting to hear the "slant" of the interview and what he has to say to himself. :rolleyes:

We must remember that this is the US and people were still running around trying to get OJ's autograph after all was said and done so a bunch of "killer dogs" is not going to evoke too much sympathy from football fans. I do not agree with that mentality but it just seems to be the pattern :sad:

Golden Girls
August 16th, 2009, 10:07 AM
We must remember that this is the US and people were still running around trying to get OJ's autograph after all was said and done so a bunch of "killer dogs" is not going to evoke too much sympathy from football fansDo a little googling, you'd be surprised what the fans ARE saying.

:crazy: are everywhere - if it was Canada I would so get your statement but "we must remember it's the US" I don't get what your saying?

diandpat
August 16th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Do a little googling, you'd be surprised what the fans ARE saying.

:crazy: are everywhere - if it was Canada I would so get your statement but "we must remember it's the US" I don't get what your saying?

I know what some fans are saying...do you have ANY IDEA how BIG US Football is.

Don't be adversarial with me...I don't like the guy and he has no place there, for sure. Was out with a group on Friday night who know my where my loyalties are and even they were not convinced he should not have been signed. They even asked if I wanted to join a football pool :yell::yell: "I don't think so"...

US football fans are exactly that...fanatical!!!! They will wait for this to die down and life will go on. Equivalent to Canadian Hockey and English Football. We need new heros is all!

SnowDancer
August 17th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I had 60 minutes on upstairs and my husband had it on on the basement TV - we both turned it off at same time and yelled to each other to turn the crap off. I had no interest in listening to him and have no respect for 60 minutes for giving him a public forum - unless of course they showed him to be the jerk he is. And he should not have been signed to play again - yet I knew he would be.

chico2
August 17th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I also was going to watch 60minutes,usually a good program,but when I saw Vicks face I felt like vomiting:evil:
His real face should be shown,the one were he is bloodied and messed up from just having killed a dog.
I do not buy his remorse and never will,but I am certain foot-ball fans will.:yell:

edwina
August 17th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I live in Pennsylvania, but was never an eagles fan, nor a football fan. But even though i live here, i still have no control over some football team picking up some loser. The guy is a sick freak, but unfortunetly the world if full of them, yes the world. There are millions of people all over the world who follow leaders who dont think twice about slaughtering there own people, let alone some other country's. Hopefully enough people will bitch and cause trouble and the NFL will dump him. But i doubt they will be ashamed, because big sports teams (you forgot soccer) have been paying large sums of money to people throwing balls, etc. around for years, and never have felt shame over that. Personally i believe his punishment should have been him put in the 'pit' or room with the dogs, and let them take care of it, but that may be too 'fanatical'.
Just my :2cents: , now i will go back to 'fanatically' watching my canadian hockey, oops wrong country. :rolleyes:
:usa: :ca:

kandy
August 20th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I too was very upset that MV ended up getting signed. Hopefully he won't see any actual play time since he was taken on as a 4th string quarterback. However, it doesn't surprise me at all. The NFL is full of convicted felons, and I'm sure in their minds, MV's crime wasn't near as bad as Stallworth killing a man while driving drunk.

What I am the most upset about is that the HSUS is using Vick to talk about the horrors of dogfighting, and the message that his reinstatment/signing is sending - that crime does in fact pay. He committed a felony, spent less than 2 years in jail and within 3 months of being set free is back to earning over a million dollars a year. The kids who he would be trying to talk to about dogfighting are going to hear that message loud and clear - that 1) he's not sincere about how cruel it is and 2) that if you are part of the NFL, you can do whatever you want and go right back to earning a ridiculous salary. Everything you read about Vick, or even in his interviews, is all about improving his image - not his morals, not his ethics, just his image.

edwina
August 20th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Well i heard a little good news today, Dicks sporting goods, a large sports retailer here in the east coast, not sure where else there at, has announced it will not be selling anything with Vick's name on it. At least its a small victory. :shrug:

babymomma
August 21st, 2009, 12:37 AM
Well i heard a little good news today, Dicks sporting goods, a large sports retailer here in the east coast, not sure where else there at, has announced it will not be selling anything with Vick's name on it. At least its a small victory. :shrug:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if we are thinking of the same one (Dick's Sporting Goods) Its not truly the case. If there is demand (Which less face it, there WILL be. Most people could care less about what he did. and will support him)

A quote from Dick's CMO

"Right now we don't know how much of a demand there is for" the jersey, Dick's chief marketing officer, Jeff Hennion, said in a prepared statement. "If there is a demand for it, we'll sell it."

TeriM
August 21st, 2009, 12:49 AM

Loved this :laughing:.

Hope that the pressure works and they boot his @ss!

badabing
August 21st, 2009, 06:50 AM
http://www.campbellsoupcompany.com/Feedback.aspx

campbellsoup web page canada, I just wrote to them

I just contacted them, too, Melinda, and they got an earful! In a respectful way, of course. I hope everybody that reads this will also write to Campbell's Soup Company and tell them how they feel about Michael Vick and his crocodile tears.

Shaykeija
August 21st, 2009, 01:11 PM
Wee I just called and give them a very polite, professional piece of my mind.

Lets hope they get flooded with calls and emails.

May be we can get his fellow players to tie him to a rape barrel and give him a once over.

badabing
August 23rd, 2009, 05:59 AM
I just got an e-mail from the Campbell's Soup Company and they stated that a representative from their Community Affairs office will contact me within the next several days.

I have seen a follow up story on some of Michael Vick's dogs who were rescued and are presently being rehabilitated. Some of them are doing well and some of them are a mess. One poor female cannot stop going in circles. That is all she does. Goes in circles from the mind boggling stress. She is extremely frightened of humans. I'm sorry but I just do not buy Vick's statements that he is sorry. They just do not ring true. What other company's plan to sponsor him? They have also lost my business along with Campbell's Soups. And to think they used to have such a warm and wholesome homey feel to their product. Now all I see are horribly abused dogs made to fight against their will to replace the cute little faces of the Campbell Soup Kids. If they are smart they will immediately drop their sponsorship of Vick. Sorry doesn't cut it.

chico2
August 23rd, 2009, 07:09 AM
I saw on the news yesterday,MV will be playing in the next game:evil:which is thursday!

aslan
August 23rd, 2009, 07:39 AM
It scares me how loyal sports fans can be and what they are teaching the next generation. It's ok honey, he's allowed to kill and abuse animals, he's a football player.

As for MV, other than being the scum of the earth. If he were really remorseful or atleast trying to trick us into believing this. I would be donating atleast half of my income to creating a shelter for abused animals and funding it myself. But hey i really do care about animals, not just trying to trick the world.

ancientgirl
August 23rd, 2009, 11:21 AM
Has Vick ever even asked how those dogs are doing? Has he even gone to see them? Has he seen the most messed up ones? I think he should be required to view videos of those dogs every day of his life, so he can see what he's done to them.

babymomma
August 23rd, 2009, 12:03 PM
AG- He'd probably enjoy seeing what hes done to them.. And if not he wouildnt care anyways..

BenMax
August 23rd, 2009, 12:24 PM
It scares me how loyal sports fans can be and what they are teaching the next generation. It's ok honey, he's allowed to kill and abuse animals, he's a football player.

As for MV, other than being the scum of the earth. If he were really remorseful or atleast trying to trick us into believing this. I would be donating atleast half of my income to creating a shelter for abused animals and funding it myself. But hey i really do care about animals, not just trying to trick the world.

I agree - if he really wanted to make a statement - he should absolutely contribute to animal welfare - and a LARGE amount, not just 5% of his pay. His apologies are pathetic. He is sorry that he is caught is all. I don't see him as being sincere. I would be very interested however to see how the public 'greets' him when his name is announced. I think that this will be tell-tale all. I for one however will not be watching any games.

ancientgirl
August 23rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
I would be very interested however to see how the public 'greets' him when his name is announced. I think that this will be tell-tale all. I for one however will not be watching any games.

They will boo him I'm sure, but, that will change if he manages to help the team get a win. Then they will love him.:yuck:

chico2
August 23rd, 2009, 03:58 PM
Exactly AG,football-fans are football-fans,I am definitely not one of them.
I cannot handle listen to him talk,or even see his face,but many fans just think he's a great player,who cares what he did to these poor dogs:sad:

Golden Girls
August 24th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Thursday's game is just a pre-season one, they want to see what he'll do so he'll be sharing time with McNabb He's still officially suspended nor has he been fully re-instated. If it happens or should I say when it'll only be after the 1st six regular season games, mid October

I realize football is HUGE and I've sat with the best of the fantatics in Philly and yes their NUTS as in just a riot. That being said I also believe many love animals too so I'm eager to see what will happen when they announce his name ... as I'm sure the whole NFL & their sponsor's are as well.

diandpat
August 28th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Very interesting and well written article...

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opinion/20090828_What_about_Vick_s_victims_.html?0.3658005 6588021825

Love4himies
August 28th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I heard on the radio that he got a standing ovation last night :sad:. I can't believe a civilized society would ever applaud a person who has commited such crimes.

marko
August 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM
....not everyone in society is civilized..:sad:

diandpat
August 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM
He is not a "person"...he is a football player=demi-God :yell::yell::yell: Think OJ :mad:

ancientgirl
August 28th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I heard on the radio that he got a standing ovation last night :sad:. I can't believe a civilized society would ever applaud a person who has commited such crimes.

I'm disgusted, but I can't say I'm surprised. I had hoped he would be booed, but knew they would likely embrace him.:sad:

BenMax
August 28th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Very disturbing but I truly believe that he has his coming in some form sooner or later. Personally, I am not worried - it's will happen whether it is financial hardship, personal relationships, business, or whatever else in life. Anyways - I am patient. Can't wait for the day.

chico2
August 28th, 2009, 01:41 PM
diandpat,exactly:wall:
BenMax,I hope you're right:pray:

Dog Dancer
August 28th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I saw a clip of him on the news and was so bothered that the fans applauded him. BM I agree, karma karma karma. Let's just hope it's sooner than later. I did see a picture of one fan who was sporting a non-supportive jersey.

edwina
August 28th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I agree with BenMax, what comes around goes around. He will get his someday, and i hope i am there to see it. :frustrated:

Golden Girls
August 29th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I watched the clip and seen no such standing ovation. I'm sure fans opposed to his presence didn't want to be there and as far as PR of course camera's will of zoomed in on the ones' who think he'll help them win games. I find it so pathetic that he's on the field much less splattered across headlines

Please keep it going http://www.petitiononline.com/ridofvic/petition.html

chico2
August 29th, 2009, 04:05 PM
GG,love that pic:laughing: I signed the petition.

ancientgirl
August 29th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Too bad that picture isn't real. Petition signed!!!

Love4himies
August 29th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I am so glad, GG. I heard again on the radio that he received a standing ovation :sad:. I hate to think there were so many people that cared so little the pain of living creatures :sad:

badabing
August 30th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Signed, GG. Thanks for the hilarious picture. That one will be imprinted on my brain forever. Not that this has anything to do with the Vick situation but there was another very funny picture on the internet a few years ago. Bill and Hillary Clinton were standing on the lawn of the White House. A dalmation dog was sniffing Bill's crotch and Hillary comments, "We should call her Monica!" Lol!

Love4himies
August 30th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Signed. :laughing: great pic, GG. I only wish the dog has his teeth in Vick's neck.

BenMax
August 30th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Great picture! Signed, sealed and delivered the petition.....with great pleasure.

Melinda
August 30th, 2009, 12:12 PM
signed and forwarded

Golden Girls
September 6th, 2009, 12:10 PM
L4H's I too heard he was well received (and even though they were playing in Philly) the clip zoomed by fast of the ones sitting not clapping while the camera's followed the loud and obnoxious ones ... whatever makes headlines :shrug:

Just got back from Jersey and although the shores we went to were dog beaches other then 1 person everyone was as disgusted with the NFL. I love American people - they really get involved :thumbs up

As mentioned we had planned on going to the Jets game on the 3rd so I emailed the Eagles telling them why we weren't attending also including
the petition. I also told them I had purchased a Flyer collar/leash rather then the Eagle one I was going to buy. I'm nobody just the same I'm sure negative emails get read at least.

btw if anyone watched that game New Yorkers booed Vick everytime he set foot of the field :highfive: While eating at Hooters in Atlantic City "breaking news" aired announcing he's officially been reinstated just about everyone in the place booed. Just goes to show you not everyone is a fan no matter what and feel he lost his priviledge to be an American hero. Should be making a living under supervision scooping horse poop not having to bear witness his grin or have anything to do with the HSUS :loser:

The NFL made a statement that they are considering paying for a spay/neuter program for the Philadelphia Humane Society. PR but great just please leave vick's name out of it

Thanks to all who signed, bump http://www.petitiononline.com/ridofvic/petition.html

meow
September 8th, 2009, 07:28 PM
To be honest,I could not even watch the press-conference,to me Vick looks like Mefisto himself,a purely evil man.
Sure he is trying to be humble and sorry for what he did,but I just don't buy it,to do what he did to these poor animals,he has to be evil through and through,I could never in my life forgive such a person.Sociopath's always lie and do it well. Jail does NOT change them! That is a fact. He is mentally ill and needs intensive treatment. It is a SHAME any NFL team would sign him and a BIGGER shame the ASPCA has NOT spoken out AGAINST HIM! I stopped giving $ to the ASPCA b/c of this. All my $ goes to ALDF!:thumbs up

ancientgirl
September 8th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Sociopath's always lie and do it well. Jail does NOT change them! That is a fact. He is mentally ill and needs intensive treatment. It is a SHAME any NFL team would sign him and a BIGGER shame the ASPCA has NOT spoken out AGAINST HIM! I stopped giving $ to the ASPCA b/c of this. All my $ goes to ALDF!:thumbs up

I recently read a statement the ASPCA made against Vick. So they have stepped up in that regard. I was more disappointed in the Humane Society, who did support him and felt he deserved a second chance.:frustrated:

meow
September 9th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I recently read a statement the ASPCA made against Vick. So they have stepped up in that regard. I was more disappointed in the Humane Society, who did support him and felt he deserved a second chance.:frustrated:
i thought the aspca was the one who said he needed a 2nd chance
http://www.aspca.org/pressroom/press-releases/081409.html

sick http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2009/05/michael-vick-to-work-with-humane-society.html

My $ goes to niether of these places anymore. Only to ALDF and Best Friends Animal Sanctuary...where many vick dogs went

ancientgirl
September 9th, 2009, 02:36 PM
i thought the aspca was the one who said he needed a 2nd chance

Here's the article:

August 21, 2009
Ed Sayres: The Road Ahead for Michael Vick
ASPCA logo

After careful consideration, we have decided to speak out now about Michael Vick because of the special circumstances involving the ASPCA. Several months ago, Mr. Vick's PR representatives approached the ASPCA to help educate America about the heinous act of dog fighting following his release from prison. We were the first animal welfare organization given the opportunity to work with Mr. Vick but immediately turned him down due to the unique knowledge we had of his indescribable and barbaric acts of animal cruelty where he and his associates savagely electrocuted and beat dogs to death after they lost their brutal fights.

The ASPCA's general consultation and our specific role in processing the forensic evidence in this case were key elements that resulted in Mr. Vick and the three other defendants all pleading guilty to felony crimes. As such, this organization and I personally have seen the acts of cruelty committed by Mr. Vick first hand—acts so heinous that the public has never laid witness to them. And now that Mr. Vick has spoken out for the first time since his release from prison, the ASPCA wants to make clear why this organization chose not to partner with him in his supposed rehabilitation efforts. We are simply not convinced that Mr. Vick has demonstrated compassion toward animals as living beings or the necessary remorse for his criminal actions against them.

60 Minutes provided a convicted criminal a national platform to selfishly focus on his own recovery when, in fact, the animals, the victims who cannot speak for themselves, should have received the attention. CBS did a grave disservice to the animal welfare community by failing to show the ugly truth of Mr. Vick’s actions and the horrors of dog fighting and animal cruelty in this country. The continued attention paid to Mr. Vick is only reinforcing that criminal behavior does not destroy fame and fortune.

The ASPCA works every day to prevent animal cruelty, in the absence of tougher, more consistent laws and lack of education and awareness. We serve as the animals' voice, as millions of animals suffer alone and in silence because they cannot speak out against their perpetrators. When a crime against animals is committed, the ASPCA's priorities are to build a sound case that results in successful prosecution of the perpetrators, as well as the rehabilitation of the victims. Our direct involvement in the Vick case yielded success in both areas, and in fact, we work every day to ensure perpetrators like him are behind bars.

Although Mr. Vick has served his time and is now entitled to employment, the ASPCA was strongly against him being able to immediately re-join the NFL, to play alongside highly paid elite athletes who are looked upon as our heroes and role models. Today, it is difficult to see him in the uniform of a Philadelphia Eagle because of the startling lack of judgment and moral character he has demonstrated over the past several years. It is questionable whether he will have any credibility as an educator on the dog fighting issue. The ASPCA welcomes a national conversation on animal cruelty and especially dog fighting, but questions Mr. Vick’s ability to lead it. The ASPCA will heighten its efforts to bring this national travesty to the surface through meaningful education and discussion that brings the hard, cold sickening reality of a fight into stark relief for those who might wonder why all the fuss about a dog fight. A true national discussion would focus not on one man and his crimes, but on a nation that allows dog fighting to happen every day without a national outcry. This is where the ASPCA will focus its energies in the coming months.

Mr. Vick has indeed been given another chance to play football with the Philadelphia Eagles. It is important to state that the ASPCA is extremely disappointed that owner Jeff Lurie hired him for his team before it was clear that Mr. Vick has truly developed a sense of compassion for his victims, the animals whose lives were taken by him. The ASPCA believes in second chances—in redemption—but that second chance has to be earned through contrition, conversion to the cause of animal welfare and finally, through hard work. Mr. Vick has only now begun his journey toward a second chance. It will be a long and hard road for him, and while we wish him well, we also want to remind the nation that the work of ridding the nation of dog fighting is as compelling a story as one man’s path to redemption. Let’s not forget to focus on the animals, the crimes that are still being committed every day in the United States. What are we, as a nation, going to do about that? How are we going to express our outrage long past the first time Mr. Vick takes the field in Philadelphia?

Compassion for animals is the hallmark of the ASPCA and the ultimate message that we hope is gleaned from this horrific story. While this case has garnered the national spotlight because of Mr. Vick’s notoriety, it is the end result that will matter most. Will Mr. Vick have learned something—and taken the opportunity he has been granted to impart to his legion of fans the importance of compassion toward animals? Certainly, only time will offer us an answer—but we will be watching.

meow
September 9th, 2009, 10:24 PM
interesting AG. I bet they came out with that after they got millions of letters telling them people would not give $ to them anymore

chico2
September 10th, 2009, 07:07 AM
A-G,thank's for that article,very well written.
I just wish everyone would see what kind of man Vick is:shrug:
When he appeared on 60 Minutes,just looking at his face,made me feel sick:yuck:and I quickly changed the channel.

ancientgirl
September 10th, 2009, 07:20 AM
interesting AG. I bet they came out with that after they got millions of letters telling them people would not give $ to them anymore

Meow, sadly, I get more cynical the older I get. I don't doubt that was part of the reason. I'd like to think the other part is that they do want to help and protect animals and agree with our kind of thinking.

At the very least, they made the effort to publicly spurn his offer, which puts them a step higher than the Humane Society for me.

A-G,thank's for that article,very well written.
I just wish everyone would see what kind of man Vick is
When he appeared on 60 Minutes,just looking at his face,made me feel sickand I quickly changed the channel.

Chico, I can't stand to look at him. I don't watch many programs that would have him on anyway, and when I see a photo of him on the internet, I put my hand over my screen and scroll down. I think if I saw him in person, I'd sneer at him and make a barfy face:yuck: all the while mumbling thinks like dog killer and scumbag.

meow
September 10th, 2009, 11:33 PM
MONEY is the only thing that will talk!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/miabellaangela/boycottHSUS6.jpg

meow
September 11th, 2009, 09:08 AM
9/13/09 is michael vick protest day world wide

http://apps.facebook.com/causes/334436/63649213?m=8cfa3c6c

ancientgirl
September 11th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Excellent! I just signed up!

I also found this article:

Pigskin-picking camel snubs Eagles because of Vick

Associated Press

Philadelphia Eagles fans thirsty for predictions on whether their team will win or lose each week won't get them from a New Jersey pigskin-prognosticating camel. Princess, the star of Popcorn Park Zoo, won't predict the results of any Eagles games this season to protest the signing of quarterback Michael Vick. Vick spent 18 months in prison for organizing a dogfighting ring.

The 2,600-pound camel went 17-4 last year and correctly picked the Pittsburgh Steelers to win the Super Bowl.

The zoo's manager places a graham cracker in each hand, and writes the name of a competing team on each hand. Whichever hand Princess eats from is her "pick."

Meanwhile, a suburban Philadelphia animal welfare group, Main Line Animal Rescue, announced that it plans to donate dog food for every time Vick is tackled.

:laughing::laughing:That last paragraph is the best!

Golden Girls
September 18th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Abused dogs on Dr Phil "Live from Philly" Sept 16th 5-7 million viewers got a look at the vicktory dogs at Best Friends Animal Society, wtg Dr Phil :thumbs up

22 of whom came to BF's in Jan'08 to heal from the trauma they suffered at the hands of MV So happy to see finally media attention focusing the spot light on some of the victims. Nor has it been mentioned of all the 'bait animals' that he raised (beagles & kittens) torchured for his amusement :sad:

As stated his time behind bars was for racketeering ONLY. As far as remorse, he pled NOT GUILTY to animal cruelty and this was dropped in a plea deal

You can voice your opinion here http://www.sackvick.net/2009/09/16/michael-vicks-abused-dogs-on-dr-phil-voice-your-opinion/#comments

chico2
September 18th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Thank's GG,I bookmarked the site,I was getting discouraged at the lack of sympathy for those tortured animals,disappointed in people,but there is a fight out there:fingerscr
I don't watch Dr Phil,but this show I wish I had:dog:

ancientgirl
September 18th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I'm glad to see many people aren't buying his new "good guy." act.

I love the t-shirts on the right of the site. If I lived in Philly, I'd buy one and go to a game wearing it!

Golden Girls
October 10th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Just stumbled upon this article: Philadelphia Daily News http://www.philly.com/dailynews/columnists/paul_domowitch/20091009_Paul_Domowitch__It_could_be_one-and-done_for_Eagles__Vick.html

kandy
October 12th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Even if the Eagles don't keep him around for next year, some other NFL team will pick him up. I saw someone say once that it's actually the National Felon League - and I'd have to agree. From the things I see in the news, I'd have to say that they seem to have an extremely high percentage of convicted felons in this group of 'elite athletes'.

Everything Vick has done since his conviction is aimed at improving his 'image' - not his personal outlook, not his values, not his morals - just his image.

I quit donating to the HSUS for using him as a spokesperson - talk about a slap in the face for every abused animal ever!!!! Just made me sick and I sent them an email about it - never heard a word back.

Golden Girls
October 13th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Thank's GG,I bookmarked the site,I was getting discouraged at the lack of sympathy for those tortured animals,disappointed in people,but there is a fight out there:fingerscr:fingerscr

I agree with you Kandy. I personally think this :loser: will screw up

Eagles lauched a $500,000 animal welfare grant program

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pets/Eagles_launch_500k_shelter_grant_program.html

LavenderRott
October 13th, 2009, 08:24 AM
I quit donating to the HSUS for using him as a spokesperson - talk about a slap in the face for every abused animal ever!!!! Just made me sick and I sent them an email about it - never heard a word back.

The HSUS is no better an organization then PETA. People assume that because they are the Humane Society of the United States that they are associated with their local Humane Society and that money donated goes to shelters and to help homeless/abused animals. This is very, very far from the truth. If you follow the money trail, you will find that very little, if any, of the money raised on behalf of Vick's abused pitties went anywhere near a dog. Their money is used to support BSL and mandatory spay/neuter across the U.S.

ancientgirl
October 13th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I used to support the HSUS, but ever since A. they suggested all the Vick dogs be destroyed, and B. aligned themselves with him they lost my support.

I would rather support the ASPCA. At least they have openly come out and stated they would not support Vick in any of his efforts.

kandy
October 13th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Donating to any national organization very seldom helps your local shelters - I also donate to my local shelter on a regular basis. But I didn't know that the HSUS endorsed BSL. :mad:

mastifflover
October 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
So does Peta they think PBs should be destroyed. Both of these groups talk out of both sides of their mouths

ancientgirl
October 13th, 2009, 11:34 AM
So does Peta they think PBs should be destroyed. Both of these groups talk out of both sides of their mouths

They don't so much oppose them as they don't believe people know how to properly raise them. They have also called them "the most dangerous breed.":rolleyes:

mastifflover
October 13th, 2009, 06:39 PM
But the bottom line is they were all about supporting the ban. They are both full of crap, I try to keep my donations to private rescues then I know my money is not being used for some beauracratic BS, and being used for the animals well being

LavenderRott
October 13th, 2009, 07:13 PM
They don't so much oppose them as they don't believe people know how to properly raise them. They have also called them "the most dangerous breed.":rolleyes:

NO. They actively support BSL financially. Please, don't ask me to supply the link to prove it - I bookmarked it two computers ago and haven't been able to find it since the computer crashed. Unfortuneatly, this has been true of many of my dog links. :wall:

ancientgirl
October 13th, 2009, 07:22 PM
NO. They actively support BSL financially. Please, don't ask me to supply the link to prove it - I bookmarked it two computers ago and haven't been able to find it since the computer crashed. Unfortuneatly, this has been true of many of my dog links. :wall:

I don't need you to show me proof, I've seen it. When I started my journey to becoming a veggie, I sent away for some information. While I agree with their message, I believe they are much too extreme about getting it out. I then started reading a little more about them, especially their views on BSL and pit bulls. They claim they love all animals and have no problem with pit bulls, yet they don't believe you should by pass another dog to rescue one. To them the world would be better without them, but since they are here they have to be dealt with and they would prefer people to not keep them as pets. :frustrated:

Now I see PETA and I find myself disgusted, because they have pulled the wool over many people's eyes.