Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Job!!!!

TacoGrl
August 12th, 2009, 04:28 PM
So, I couldn't find anything in the real world that uses my education etc. :sad: , but things have picked up in the automotive world so I accepted a job as an advisor again...money is money and I am happy...it is import autos this time, so that is ok too...and it is close to home...I could actually ride my bike to work so free exercise!

Now I can shut AMEX and MC up! They phone every day to make sure I am ok...that is nice of them :lovestruck: ...they will be sad to not hear my voicemail every day...I should phone them every once in a while to say hi! :D

Dog Dancer
August 12th, 2009, 04:37 PM
:thumbs up Congrats on the new job. Yes work is work, money is money. You can always keep looking in your chosen field.

Love4himies
August 12th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Good going, tacogirl :thumbs up. Yup, money is money.

NoahGrey
August 12th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Good news. Finding work is a pain.

ACO22

TacoGrl
August 12th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Yup, finding work is a pain...lots of resumes on spec and just no one hiring and those who are hiring are receiving 400+ resumes for ONE job :eek:...if it is this hard in Alberta, I can only imagine other parts of Canada :sad: I was lucky to reply to the dealers' ad almost the second he posted it and he called me for his first interview. :)

I think my next cause :D is going to be inputting on changes to EI...this has been really hard on my mom and I because even though I pay into EI, I could not collect because I worked commission...that has to change.

Perhaps I will become an advocate...I like arguing and standing up for what is right. :D

14+kitties
August 12th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Congrats TacoGrl! I know how tough it is to find a good job. I hope you find you enjoy it. Hopefully when the economy improves other jobs will come along.
That is so unfair about the EI. If you pay you should be able to collect. :frustrated:

hazelrunpack
August 12th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Congrats on the new job, TacoGrl!!!! :highfive:

dollface
August 18th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Congrats TacoGrl!!! :goodvibes::goodvibes:

For any other fellow canucks who need a job, have you checked out jobs.gc.ca?

Dee-O-Gee
August 18th, 2009, 08:42 PM
How's the job going TG? Automotive import is a big commodity these days as far as Canada. Just make sure that your import declarations are true and accurate and you really must be cognizant of the hefty fuel taxes on the gas guzzlers. :thumbs up

Arguing and standing up for what is right is a good thing! :thumbs up

Because of the fact that you made commissions is unfair and I agree that it should change during these hard economic times. Good luck TG! :)

TacoGrl
August 18th, 2009, 09:20 PM
No, I am working in an import dealership as a service advisor...still pretty good money though ;)

It is actually going really well (knock on wood)! This is my second day, but my sales are strong and I shoved the service manager/gm out of my way while he was taking too long to show me something on the computer yesterday :o ...he had a good laugh and went back in his office! He is actually a very nice guy...great sense of humour...I like what I have seen so far...seems to be honest and good to his staff and customers.

The customers seem nicer on the average too...the dealership is #1 in western Canada for customer service :thumbs up

The techs are pretty good too...honest because the SM takes care of them so they don't have to steal from customers. It makes for a happier environment...I am pleasantly surprised. :)

I am TIRED though! It is hard to get back in the swing of things and boy do I miss my kittehs :sad: I am going to have to take pics of them to work...tehy sure are happy when I come home :cloud9: We do have a lot of dogs come in though...I am going to buy some treats to give them :D

hazelrunpack
August 18th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Sounds like you've found a great work situation, TG! :highfive: So much easier to head into work when you actually like the job! :thumbs up Congrats!!