Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A Grapevine Story (come see)

Luba
August 17th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Okay so I thought we have some really funny and interesting people on here. So, wouldn't it be great to start a little story about pets.ca and it's members both furry and non furry kind. Of Course it would be!!!

Everyone is welcome to come and post their contribution/s to the story, and as it's on going come back and see what the soap stars are up to each episode. :D

We need a name for our story??? Any ideas????

THE SO FAR NO NAMED STORY!!!
BY MEMBERS OF PETS.CA
(TOTAL FABRICATION)HAHA

Goldenmom
August 17th, 2004, 01:12 PM
"As Pets.ca Turns"

"Paws, Claws and Critters"

I will try and think of more

Heather

Luba
August 17th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Hahaha those are cute :D
I bet we'll have to take a vote on the name!

I just thought of one....

As The Fur Grows!!

Goldenmom
August 17th, 2004, 01:19 PM
"How NOT to be owned by your furbaby"

Luba
August 17th, 2004, 01:30 PM
"Frolicking felines and frenzied Canines"

"Paws, Claws, Ma's and Pa's"

Cinnabear
August 17th, 2004, 01:34 PM
How about "Days of our Paws".

Luba
August 17th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Great stuff I'm loving it, keep the creative grape juice flowing!!!

Cactus Flower
August 17th, 2004, 06:35 PM
"As The Stomach Turns"........

Luba
August 17th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Oh great I just ate LOL

glasslass
August 17th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Paws For Life

Luba
August 17th, 2004, 10:46 PM
It's going to be tough to select a name, really tough!
I don't wanna be the one to do it so I say we take a vote!!
By the end of tomorrow maybe we vote on the name of the story :D
How's that sound?

Cinnabear
August 18th, 2004, 01:20 AM
"Another Meow and Ruff day"

marko
August 18th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Oh this is a really cute idea...

what about

woof meow and the petscaholics

Princesss04
August 18th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Okay my vote is for "As the Fur Grows" :D

Cactus Flower
August 18th, 2004, 11:52 AM
"The gang was all there, trying to come up with a name for the story. Den-Den and Sadie came barrelling through the room, followed by a number of furry players in what appeared to be a game of tag. A few tables were overturned before the pets exited through the open back door. GlassLass righted one of the tables, suggesting 'what about Paws for Life?'. Luba scratched her head. Princess and Cinnabear wondered if she was thinking up a home remedy for indecisiveness. Goldenmom glanced out the window and startled as a cat jumped against it, grinning madly after a butterfly. The smell of Marko's meatloaf permeated the room, and he could be heard rattling pots and pans in the kitchen. Stomachs growled audibly."...

Luba
August 18th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Thats really good CF :D I like that lol

So it looks like you're anxious to get goin on this huh huh! Well lets start then and name our story at the end of the day. Maybe it would be helpful to see how things go in the story to get an idea of the title. CF you're so smartie fartie pants!!

Here goes my addition to what CF started:

Meatloaf?? Did someone say MEATLOAF??? Cactus flower races against Lucky Rescue and Luba to the kitchen with a herd of paws trying to get there before everyone else!!

As they approach the smell becomes overwhelming. Drool is everywhere, puddles of it on the floor!! Raja slides like a baseball player right into the trash can knocking it over!! Rex and Chloe are right there behind her but it's DenDen that spots the piece of toast sticking up outta the garbage bag!!
Suddenly they're all confused!! Meatloaf or toast MEATLOAF OR TOAST ??
Which way to go??

'OH NO' thought DenDen they spotted the toast!! He makes a dive for it right under Raja's legs snatches it and begins to run down the hall.

The rest of the herd still going to the kitchen oblivious to the toast'capade going on!

DenDen runs to the door 'AH HA the DOGGIE DOOR will save me!!!!'
And ZOOOM out he goes with Raja, Chloe, Sadie and Briggs not far behind!.................

Cinnabear
August 18th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Omg there's meatloaf on the floor as Newt and Hera share their pieces with each other. They're so glad DenDen gave a distraction. "Meatloaf all mine." as they laugh in their little heads. Now they hear them coming back. It must be play time now. More nibbling and jumping. Oh Oh here comes their mommies.

iRONKNiGHT
August 18th, 2004, 12:16 PM
i love "Paws, Claws and Critters" from Goldenmom

"Claw's of Fury" an action packed adventure

iRONPAWS humm i wonder where i got that idea from

chewie "the empire bites back"

Cactus Flower
August 18th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Cactus Flower came to a dead stop in the middle of all the chaos, turned and shrieked after Raj "don't mess up your naaaaaaaaails!", and ran out after her.

Luba rolled her eyes and exchanged a knowing glance with Marko, who then began slapping hands away from the meatloaf. "In a minute in a minute", he promised...

Luba
August 18th, 2004, 12:48 PM
A minute seems like forever, dogs drooling people drooling!! Whats in that meatloaf that makes it smell so good.

Suddenly they all began to wonder, where is the secret recipe?? They can make THEIR OWN MEATLOAF!!

Marko moaning in pleasure as he shoves meatloaf in his mouth thinking they can't see him!

LavRott stands atop a chair and shouts 'Where's the beef???'

DenDen finished his toast came running back inside at the word beef, looking around to see what all the fuss is.

'Hey Marko where's your recipe for the meatloaf?' Asks Chico, we can make enough for EVERYBODY!!

Marko looks around the room wondering should he give his prize recipe away?

Luba
August 18th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Vote Time: Name The Story Folks

glasslass
August 18th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Do I get 3 votes? one each for me, Den-Den, and Puss-Puss?

Meanwhile, Den-Den is panicking! What if the recipe calls for toast crumbs?!

Luba
August 18th, 2004, 09:06 PM
One vote you cheater peater!!!
My vote goes to: As the fur grows
Princess's submission

Make your choice and get writing on the story .....will Raja get some Meatloaf or will Goldenmom run away and give it all to her girls. Does Marko share his recipe or will Lucky Rescue and Lav Rott have to tickle him to death for it???

glasslass
August 18th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Wait a minute! How about . . . . .

RUFFY, PUFFY, & HUFFY ?? FLUFFY ??

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Luba
August 18th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Okay folks, a decision please or I'll just ask Marko to pick a name!!!!

glasslass
August 19th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Ok - I'll settle down! I vote for

(drum roll)

AS THE FUR FLIES!

iRONKNiGHT
August 19th, 2004, 12:47 AM
"Paws, Claws and Critters" from Goldenmom :p

Cactus Flower
August 19th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Paws, Claws, Ma's and Pa's" gets my vote

Raja thinks we should name it "MEATLOAF MADNESS"

Cinnabear
August 19th, 2004, 02:44 AM
I agree with Glasslass "As the Fur Flies."

rexdoggieowner
August 19th, 2004, 10:27 AM
" as the fur grows" for me

Luba
August 19th, 2004, 10:47 AM
AS THE FUR GROWS takes the votes!

So, let me cut and paste the story now...so we don't get lost ;)

"The gang was all there, trying to come up with a name for the story. Den-Den and Sadie came barrelling through the room, followed by a number of furry players in what appeared to be a game of tag. A few tables were overturned before the pets exited through the open back door. GlassLass righted one of the tables, suggesting 'what about Paws for Life?'. Luba scratched her head. Princess and Cinnabear wondered if she was thinking up a home remedy for indecisiveness. Goldenmom glanced out the window and startled as a cat jumped against it, grinning madly after a butterfly. The smell of Marko's meatloaf permeated the room, and he could be heard rattling pots and pans in the kitchen. Stomachs growled audibly."...

Meatloaf?? Did someone say MEATLOAF??? Cactus flower races against Lucky Rescue and Luba to the kitchen with a herd of paws trying to get there before everyone else!!

As they approach the smell becomes overwhelming. Drool is everywhere, puddles of it on the floor!! Raja slides like a baseball player right into the trash can knocking it over!! Rex and Chloe are right there behind her but it's DenDen that spots the piece of toast sticking up outta the garbage bag!!
Suddenly they're all confused!! Meatloaf or toast MEATLOAF OR TOAST ??
Which way to go??

'OH NO' thought DenDen they spotted the toast!! He makes a dive for it right under Raja's legs snatches it and begins to run down the hall.

The rest of the herd still going to the kitchen oblivious to the toast'capade going on!

DenDen runs to the door 'AH HA the DOGGIE DOOR will save me!!!!'
And ZOOOM out he goes with Raja, Chloe, Sadie and Briggs not far behind!.................

Omg there's meatloaf on the floor as Newt and Hera share their pieces with each other. They're so glad DenDen gave a distraction. "Meatloaf all mine." as they laugh in their little heads. Now they hear them coming back. It must be play time now. More nibbling and jumping. Oh Oh here comes their mommies.

Cactus Flower came to a dead stop in the middle of all the chaos, turned and shrieked after Raj "don't mess up your naaaaaaaaails!", and ran out after her.

Luba rolled her eyes and exchanged a knowing glance with Marko, who then began slapping hands away from the meatloaf. "In a minute in a minute", he promised...

A minute seems like forever, dogs drooling people drooling!! Whats in that meatloaf that makes it smell so good.

Suddenly they all began to wonder, where is the secret recipe?? They can make THEIR OWN MEATLOAF!!

Marko moaning in pleasure as he shoves meatloaf in his mouth thinking they can't see him!

LavRott stands atop a chair and shouts 'Where's the beef???'

DenDen finished his toast came running back inside at the word beef, looking around to see what all the fuss is.

'Hey Marko where's your recipe for the meatloaf?' Asks Chico, we can make enough for EVERYBODY!!

Marko looks around the room wondering should he give his prize recipe away?

Cinnabear
August 19th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Then they all chirp in as to what they want in their meatloaf. I hear carrots, peppers, hamburger, apples,and watermelon. Hey why not a feast now? Newt would love big rib bones on that menu. As you see them drool and tell you what they want.

Luba
August 19th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Since Marko decided to share his 100 year old family meatloaf recipe with everyone they all jumped for joy!

Den Den was doing some really funky break dance moves while Raja performed dane ballet. Sadie ran herding circles around the kitchen table out of excitement while being chased by Rex and Chloe.

Goldenmom decided to take charge and make a list of ingredients they would need.'Okay who's going to go to the store to get all of this stuff? We need some volunteers.' Luba said!

Catt31
August 19th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Heyyyy, where am I in this story?? And my handsome boy Brick?? Hmmphhh!!!!! :(

iRONKNiGHT
August 19th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Come Trixy this must be a "DOG" only story and you're not a dog ..
dont you know cat's are not always welcome..Trixy get that Dog outfit off..LOL

melanie
August 19th, 2004, 06:43 PM
and then
- 'knock, knock'. the hungry crowd look to the door, wondering 'who else wants some meat loaf now?'. sauntering in through the door come shae and mel, those bloody group vegetarians.'charlie enters and yells, please they are out of my control, do not blame me for their crimes against meat consumption'. and a scrap of meatloaf is throw to charlie who gives mel a spiteful grin 'yes i love meat lady, now outa my way' and marches of to the group. before mel can say 'whats up' a low growl emits for the back of the kitchen. it begins to move slowly through the group building into a long slow group growl. cloe marches foreward and leans into mels knee and growls 'you dont repect the fine meatloaf so go, or you will be the beef' and she leaves the room with a maniacal laughter.
'what use them for beef', you can see the thought travelling through the crowd. mel and shae exchange glances and run for the door.
suddenly catt and brick come barreling through the front door, 'yippee' screams catt, 'i got a bit lost and ended up in a story being written by a large group of politicans suffering from attention deficit disorder, boy that was a close shave'. poor brick flops into the couch and breaths a sigh of relief, she saw those polies dogs and just didnt want to go there :D
as mel and shae are finally leaving, den den come forward from the crowd and offers mel a symbol of peace, an olive branch, to which mel spritly replies 'bugger me dead matey, where did you get that from' :D :D

melanie
August 19th, 2004, 06:48 PM
then out the side window, is trixy and ironknight. trixy appears to be doing a good dog impersonation and even has the bum wiggle down pat. she jumpes up to the window and signals for it to be opened. as chico opens the window a very angry trixy cries 'your all a big fat pack of breedists, you dog ppl think your so good dont you, well i am insulted and thought you were more open minded than that, you should all be ashamed of yourselves'. all present look to the floor with great interest, 'ok' says marko, 'drop the dramatics, you just want meat loaf too, understandable'. and trixy and ironknight climb through the window :D

Catt31
August 20th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Brick saunters up to Raja and begins to pour on his charm. Raja, who is more interested in the meatloaf sniffs high in the air and walks away, leaving her tail end opened for Brick to sniff! Taking the hint, Brick walks away and begins to pout. Marko sees this all happening and comes to Bricks rescue. He sneaks him a piece of the meatloaf to go share with Raja. Out of the corner of her eye, Briggs sees the events happening and begins drooling. A low growl emits from Briggs tight lips, but loud enough to get Bricks attention. Brick rolls over, and waits for Briggs to come over. Briggs and Raja have a bit of a cat scrap and all hell breaks loose in the kitchen.

"MEEEEOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRR"

Everyone freezes, then turns to see Tux sitting atop the window sill in his kung fu kitty stance, ready to take on the doggie world. "Enough of the loaf fight! Marko, isn't there enough for everyone????"

glasslass
August 20th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Den-Den takes advantage of the distraction to sneak forward from the corner where he's been waiting. No one pays any attention as he creeps stealthily through the forest of tall legs. There's advantage in being a smaller dog. Puss-Puss and Corky are waiting outside, too timid to risk being spotted by the big dogs. They're hungry too and depending on him. Gotta get some meatloaf before it's gone. How to take some for Puss and the Corkster who are counting on him! I hope there's doggie bags! Please, let there be doggie bags!

Catt31
August 20th, 2004, 09:21 PM
From atop the cupboard bounds Super Spunky to save the day!!! She leaps on the back of Den-Den causing even more of an uproar as fur flies and critters wail. No one knows who is who and who is fighting anymore! A hush falls upon the crowd as the doggy door opens and........ :eek: in walks Chloe, in her trusty yellow rainsuit. She stares down the crowd and no one makes a sound. Until......... "MEOW??" Puss-Puss, not wanting to be left out, sneaks in the doggy door behind Chloe and makes himself known. Chloe starts chasing Puss-Puss around the kitchen, all the other dogs and cats begin to chase after Chloe eventually ending up in the neighbours yard. Lo and behold, is a BBQ full of big juicy steaks - enough for EVERYONE to share!! "Dig in folks" yells Chloe!!! Den-Den hops up on the picnic table and tosses a big steak to Corky who was waiting behind a bush, embarassed, because he peed on himself in the frenzy.Poor Corky!!! Will his self esteem ever be the same? Will anyone love him? Will he get the dog of his dreams?? Stay tuned for more "As the fur grows"..... and CUT to commercial for Stay Dry Pet Pants, for those unexpected accidents!

Cactus Flower
August 20th, 2004, 09:59 PM
But where are Raj and Brick?

Cactus Flower wades through the chaos becoming more distraught by the moment. "Raaaaaj?". "Briiiiiiiiiiiick?" No answer. She desperately searches for Raj, knowing something must be terribly, terribly wrong if she is absent at the steak-fest.
Melanie whispers is Cactus Flower's ear: "No worries....she's just getting some PORK instead", and dashes off, giggling. Cactus' jaw drops and she bolts frantically through the crowd, hysterical.
Luba snags her by the shirt, nearly pulling her off her feet, and draws her down to the picnic table, saying "BREATHE, dammit, don't go schizo on us". Sadie licks at Cactus' hand, and motions for her to follow. Cactus wrenches herself from Luba's clutches and follows Sadie, mumbling "Yes Sadie good girl good girl...show me where they are...."
Den-Den snags the rest of Sadie's steak.

glasslass
August 20th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Sadie races ahead of Cactus, leading her to where Raja is lying in the grass in the dying cockroach position, her eyes rolling back. Nearby, is this really tasteless pole lamp, tall red base, wild shade that quivers suspiciously. Somethings terribly wrong! Raj is convulsing and the lamp doesn't light up. She can't see what's happening! OMG! OMG! Raj is actually LHFAO! The lampshade starts jiggling and Brick suddenly morphs from the base. Dogs gone wild! Brick, still wearing the lampshade, starts leading the rest of the pack in a chain dance that snakes all around the yard to the blaring music of Who Let the Dogs Out!

Cactus Flower
August 21st, 2004, 12:13 AM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dyin here!!!!!!

Catt31
August 21st, 2004, 10:48 AM
Den-Den climbs up on Bricks back and starts doing the hula as they dance around the yard!! Bentley comes running into the yard yelping like his tail was on fire. Everyone stops and looks down at him. Oh my God...his tail IS on fire! All the dogs and cats start laughing hysterically while Bentley runs to the pool and sits his furry butt in it. Steam sizzles up from the pool while Brick gets up and leads the pack in the Bunny Hop. The lampshade keeps falling off his head so Glasslass takes a streamer and ties it around his neck. The party continues as Sadie sits back quietly and watches the insanity.

"What was IN that steak????" Catt asks Luba. Luba just grins and turns away sheepishly.

Cactus Flower
August 21st, 2004, 07:59 PM
A fellow with a 10-year-old intact male pitbull paused on the sidewalk to watch the party. Luba spotted him immediately. The pitbull was covered with scars, had a noticable limp, and was coughing horribly.
She motioned for them to come over, wanting a closer look at the dog. They exchanged awkward greetings. Luba said "I couldn't help but notice your dog's limp and cough.....what has his vet said about that?". The man shrugged "Oh I don't have the money to take him to a vet. I loaned all my money to my sister so she could get her cat declawed. Don't matter anyways because I'm movin and can't take him with me. Gonna have to get him another home or take him to the shelter. I know one thing, though- it can't be because of shots or nothin because he aint never got none. I got him from the pet store for protection, but no matter how much I beat on him, he never did get mean".
The music stopped. Every dog, cat and person froze. Hackles raised and lips curled......

Writing4Fun
August 21st, 2004, 11:14 PM
Well?? Don't keep us in suspense! What happened next?! :eek:

Luba
August 22nd, 2004, 12:29 AM
LMFHO ( you guys are so creative) I can't add on to my own stuff, I wanna see what someone else does in my place LOL go for it!!!!! :D

Cactus Flower
August 22nd, 2004, 12:41 AM
Suddenly Marko burst up from behind the fence, laughing hysterically. Tears ran down his face and he could barely get the words out as he handed the man fifty bucks: "Th-thanks Carl...y-y...you did great!".
Everyone seemed to exhale simultaneously.
Marko handed "Carl" and the pitbull a hotdog each, and explained that this is his cousin, who lives just down the street. The pitbull is Lucky's new rescue. They were in on this prank together!
Lucky crawled out from beneath one of the picnic tables, giggling ......

Luba
August 22nd, 2004, 12:53 AM
And in a bound across the lawn Luba flies towards Marko and LR!!

But before she gets there Cactus squirts her down with the water hose, knowing it would cool her off! (and it did!!) Believe me!

Goldenmom, GlassLass and Rex's mom get a look of excitement in their eyes. All of a sudden everyone starts yelling WATER FIGHT!!!

CF still has the hose but that doesn't stop Goldenmom who picks up some of the dog water dishes and starts to arm herself.

Marko runs to the turtle pool with a cup in hand (thinking this is gonna help protect him)

The dogs bark their heads off while the cats sit in the sidelines thinking....what a bunch of morons!! Stinkerbelle begins a chant cheering her mom on 'Go mommie Go mommie!!" All the while hoping Chloe gets soaked to the bone for all those times she farted on her while they were sleeping!

Brick being the water lover that he is can't seem to figure out who he wants to squirt him first so instead he jumps right into the turtle pool completely soaking Marko in the process.

Unable to avoid the fun and excitement for water Sadie joins Brick, while swooning over his rugged handsome looks! Just at this time, an unexpected guest arrives...oh no!! GASP

It's Sadies' boyfriend Tanner and he doesn't look none too happy with her frolicking around in the water with Brick. There's eye contact, Brick - Tanner!
Sadie sneers and grins then trots away that collie trot, calmly sits down with her girl Lindy 'see girl this is how you get them to respect you'.......but what will happen now that Tanner and Brick know about eachother??

glasslass
August 22nd, 2004, 09:16 AM
Tension is so thick you could slice it with one swipe of your paw! The area clears as everyone scurries to safety. Puss-Puss leaps to the fence and joins Tux who winks and says "this is getting interesting!" Corky dives into an overturned flower pot and peers out to watch, his eyes glowing from the depths. Brick and Tanner circle each other, hackles rising. You could hear a pin drop and suddenly a large dark shadow enters the ring and steps between the two. "Sadie, you haven't introduced me to this handsome fella!" "My name is Raj. Who are you, big boy?!" Sadie springs forward. Raja is going to ruin everything! "Butt out, you painted hussy!" Tanner can't take his eyes off Raja. This is his kind of bitch! Wow! Sadie's teeth flash in the light, displaying a perfect set. Raja's pink nails suddenly appear menacing and her eyes flash. Puss-Puss leans against Tux and purrs in his ear, "Now, THIS is a cat-fight!" The crowd presses closer, someones going to get hurt! Den-Den moves easily through the tunnels of legs, taking bets and figuring odds. Luba calls from the crowd where she can't get through, "Sadie!! Just meeeet and snifffff!" The noise is now deafening, will she hear her?

Cactus Flower
August 22nd, 2004, 12:35 PM
LuckyRescue quickly grabs two plates of spaghetti from the table and shoves one between Brick and Sadie, the other between Raja and Tanner. Marko starts singing like the Italian waiter in "Lady and the Tramp"- the crowd joins in. Sadie and Brick lock eyes. Raja and Tanner lock eyes......

Luba
August 22nd, 2004, 12:59 PM
(oh this is really really good) :D

glasslass
August 22nd, 2004, 01:59 PM
Tux and Puss-Puss lock eyes, but "Where's the spaghetti??!!" They start singing "We are Siamese, if you please". So what if they're not Siamese, throw meatballs please! Den-Den digs a hole and buries the bets.

Cactus Flower
August 22nd, 2004, 03:23 PM
Sadie and Brick get caught up in the moment and each take an end of the same string of spaghetti. They sloooowly progress towards one another.
Tanner picks up the end of a spaghetti noodle and looks at Raja expectantly. Raja just sits there. And sits. And sits.
"What is her problem?", GlassLass mutters from the crowd.
CactusFlower pushes through the onlookers and steps to Raja's side, explaining "Well actually, she prefers to be fed by hand...plus these noodles haven't been cut up for her....and please, can she be expected to share a plate this size? Why, it's hardly enough for her alone!...."
The crowd groans and shares a collective rolling-of-the-eyes. Luba bursts onto the scene, snapping "OH FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!", and snatches away the plate of spaghetti, taking Tanner with her. She sets the plate down away from everyone so he can eat it in peace. "Sorry, Tanner", she says, petting him as he gobbles the spaghetti...."I should have warned you what a high-maintenance broad she is!"

Catt31
August 22nd, 2004, 05:31 PM
OMG I was laughing so hard it sent me into an asthma attack!!! LMAO!!! Who's gonna print this story up in a word doc??? LUBA??????????????? ;)

Luba
August 22nd, 2004, 06:34 PM
lol @ Cattwoman ;) we'll see how long it gets!

Tanner finishes his meal returns to Sadie giving her a glance then trotts off back home to his family.

Lindy being the new kid on the block is trying to find her place amongst all these odd balls but she doesn't quite know where to fit in.

Trying to make friends she walks over to Chloe who just can't be bothered with her, snubbs her then walks away turning her tail on her.

Lindy becomes upset, she really wants to make friends and has such a tender heart that Chloe's diss'ing her caused her to walk away ....head hanging low, ears down , tail down.

She saunters to a water dish, thats empty...after the water fight. Looks around but nobody's paying attention to the fact that she's thirsty.

Everyone is carrying on, Lindy can't find her mom...the crowd is so big so she goes to someone else for assistance.

Perhaps a little nudge to someone will get their attention that she needs water. Lindy takes her nose and gently nuzzles Catt's leg. Thinking that it's Brick just pestering her as usual she ignores it like any good mom in training would do!! :D

But, it wasn't Brick, it was Lindy...... and now she feels even worse. Nobody wants to talk to her...nobody wants to pay any attention to her...and now nobody wants to even give her some water.

Lindy decides she is not welcome here, she picks up a couple of scaps of food that fell to the ground and gobbles them up. Knowing she will need all the nourishment and energy she can get for what is to come. Lindy's decided to run away from home. But before she leaves, she makes one last desperate attempt to get someone, anyone's attention. As she makes her way to the open gate she turns around and lets out a lonely cry. She hopes someone will stop her...someone will notice her. But they don't! They're all too busy having fun, eating, playing and joking around.

The only one that happens to look her way is Vinnie as he taps Rocky and says hey look at the cry baby....they snicker to one another...roll around in the grass and fall asleep.

Lindy, head hung so low slowly saunters out the gate, on her journey like the Littlest Hobo...trying to find someone to love her.

Her heart heavy, her emotions drained and her whiskers limp...she leaves, alone!

Cactus Flower
August 22nd, 2004, 07:43 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :( *Sniff snuffle sob*

melanie
August 22nd, 2004, 09:18 PM
oooohhhhhhh noooooOOOOOOOOOO. lindy come back pleeeese. :eek:

Writing4Fun
August 22nd, 2004, 09:44 PM
:( Poor, poor Lindy!! (sniff!)

Luba
August 22nd, 2004, 09:51 PM
The gang continues their feast and frenzy of food, drink and laughter oblivious that Lindy is missing.

A half hour passes by and Lindy's mom Jane comes out of the house with more snacks she had been inside preparing for everyone.

She places one tray down on the table for the furless creatures and two more trays down on the patio for the furries. She looks around, no Lindy!

'Hmmm thats funny where could she be?'

'Lindy , come on girl snack time, you wanna cookie?'

No response

'Lindy come on girl...LIIIIINDY'

No response

The crowd half paying attention starts to look around them.....they don't see her!

Frantic now, Jane yells at everyone...'Where's Lindy?'

The crowd looks befuddled and shrugs but is obviously worried.

'I go inside to make food for all you hungry guts and nobody watched my Lindy...and look (pointing) the gate is OPEN!!!!!!! WHO left the darn gate open???'

"WE HAVE TO FIND HER!!!"

Luba
August 24th, 2004, 12:28 AM
(She's still missing you morons isn't anyone gonna start a search party)
LOL LMHO

Luba
September 2nd, 2004, 05:05 PM
This seems to have died but I'd love to bring it to live again...we're at the part where Lindy ran away!!

Someone start......the search ;)

chico2
September 3rd, 2004, 08:38 AM
Wow,how could I have missed this :D :D :D You guys are a bunch of talented NUTS,very funny..... :D :D
Where is Lindy????

Writing4Fun
September 4th, 2004, 11:21 AM
"A battle cry suddenly rends the air. 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!'. All heads turn as Melanie comes vaulting over the fence - hemp T-shirt and khaki shorts flapping in the breeze. 'Alright, mates! Poor Lindy girl's gone missing, and you folks are all standin' around like a bunch of wombats with heat stroke. Eveyrone leash those dogs and follow me!'. There's a scramble of activity as everyone jolts back into action. The search party heads out of the gate, treats in hand, crying 'Lindy!' all over the neighborhood." (Sorry to stereotype, Mel, but someone had to whip these folks into gear! :D )

melanie
September 4th, 2004, 08:19 PM
(mel is very cranky and hung over today, but i will try, grrrr so cranky)

and i dont mind being sterotyped as the classic aussie, it is a national character that i am very proud of :D

'mel stops in the yard, and removes her well worn akubra hat, she looks into the sun, she lifts her forearm to her brow and wipes away the sweat "struth, few roos short of a full top paddock there ay charlie, couldnt run a chook raffel in a pub on sunday that lot, one might say a few beers short of a six pack, righto, best not stand around with our jaws flappin in the wind, best gos see if we can find lindy??' charlie grins like a feral dingo. they head out the gate to catch the others, mel stops over a small lizard and whispers to charlie in her croc hunter voice 'struth love ,now this little fella ere, he like little goanna ay', charlie just moans, 'will she ever be normal and sane' . ahead is the group and mel and charlie run to catch up.

sorry i tried but to cranky now (about anything and everything) and it is blocking any creativity now, humph.

Writing4Fun
September 4th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Poor Mel! :p Go have a little hair o' the dog and a good 12 hours sleep and call us in the morning. Hope you feel better tomorrow! :D