Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anyone From Windsor, ON??

Melanie1010
August 11th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Hello Everyone!!

Great news - I have finally made the jump to a two dog household - well - not officially but we pick up our new family member on Saturday August 15.
She is coming from Detroit Michigan and was abandonnned by her previous owners. She was spotted running around by her foster mom and then vanished for a couple of weeks - she was sure she was hit by a car or someone took her in. Then she suddenly saw her in her old driveway - standing there looking lost. She was able to catch her and took her him.

She is in Detroit and because I dont have my passport (well I will have it on Friday because I paid the extra fee) so her foster mom will be meeting us in Windsor. I am leaving from Ottawa early in the morning and I believe its about 8 hours to drive.

I was looking to see where there would be a nice park or dog park we could let them meet and play a bit before coming home. I picked McKee park as she will be taking the Ambassador Bridge into Windsor.

Any recommendations?

THanks!!

free
August 11th, 2009, 10:44 PM
melanie if you haven't driven down that way fill up at home or kingston because till you get to the last gas station before toronto which is near oshawa you will have to go into one of the cities. on the other half of the trip after the road stop near london the gas stations again were closed, or at least in april they were.

as for parks windsor is supposed to have 2 dog parks but have not been. if you just want to meet and walk with the dogs there is the river side which is right near the bridge. you can walk for miles there. there is a bike walking path there.

Melanie1010
August 12th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Thank you very much for the advice on the gas station thing!! I would of never known - that was very kind of you to respond!! I am meeting the foster mom right by the bridge in a park there (McKee Park) I am so excited!

Love4himies
August 12th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Gananoque's gas is about 10 cents a litre cheaper than Kingston or Ottawa's, so instead of Kingston, you may want to consider Gan. Take the 1000 island parkway exit, then take hwy 2 into Gan, there is a CDN and Pioneer just inside the town

Melinda
August 13th, 2009, 07:18 AM
congrats and good luck Melanie girl!!!! Nitro is going to be so excited!! and of course we want pics of the new additon