Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oh Boy. Surgury tomorrow

babymomma
August 9th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Im being admitted to the hospital tomorrow morning at 11 am. My surgury is at one..

But surprisingly im not really all tha worried. I just keep thinking of the fact that i wont be able to do much after and it depresses me a little Plus im thinking a little about the after pain. And the fact that im going to be STARVING tomorrow. I had to stop eating at 12 am. And cant eat till after my surgury.. God forsaking tumor

I think my parent should give the hospital staff a heads up on what im like when im hungry. I get contrary.

My main concern is , how long do you think it will be after my surgury until I can eat?

And what are the chances of the morphine making me sick. I dont have a weak stomache and havent thrown up in over like 6 years. And Im gonna be hungry so i BETTER not be throwing up or ill stop taking the morphine. Or demoral or whatever there gonna give me.

Anyways.. Wish me good luck.. Well, not me I guess, Ill just be laying there. Wish the surgeons good luck..lol

hazelrunpack
August 9th, 2009, 10:06 PM
You get contrary when you're hungry? hazel gets downright b!tchy! :laughing:

You can eat as soon as you're recovered from the anesthesia. Likely you won't be hungry for a while, though--maybe late in the day or the next morning. The drugs can have that effect... You probably won't get sick from the morphine. Most people do pretty well with it. You might get constipated :o...but if it happens, have your mom bring you some sugarfree chocolates. They have a wonderful laxative effect :rolleyes: :laughing: Sugarfree turtles are luscious and come highly recommended by madame hazel. :thumbs up

How long are you going to be in the hospital?

You'll do well, babymomma. Good luck to your surgeons, indeed! :goodvibes:

babymomma
August 9th, 2009, 10:09 PM
It really depends how long. My docter said I MIGHT be able to go the next day because im So young. But my aunt (A nurse) Said I might have to stay in for 3-4 days depending on how im doing.. I would prefer if i could stay atleast 2 night just in case.. But then I wont be able to see keely :cry:..

Thanks you hazel for the good wishes.. They mean alot :)

Winston
August 9th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Babymomma you wont really feel like eating right away I am sure of that! but they dont starve you..they just give you things that are easily digestible. You have to remember when you go under anesthetic your bowels kinda go to sleep to and relax. So it takes time for them to work well again and you will only want to have soft foods, juices, etc..

Everyone is different for their pain threshold so you may feel great or not so great. The hospital staff will likely give you gravol or something like that for when you go to recovery..pretty normal..it helps you from getting nausious.

I had a morohine pump for the first day and I had the ability to use it but found that I didnt really need it all that much....they take that away after the first day!

The best part is the fact that you have the opportunity to deal with the tumor and you will be home before you know it! Keely will be waiting to give you lots of kisses!!

If your going to be in for a few days I would recommend getting a tv if you can! it helps pass the time away!

Good luck and I Will be thinking of you tomorrow! :thumbs up

Cindy

hazelrunpack
August 9th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Wow, that's a pretty quick stay! :thumbs up

Keely's gonna be pretty happy to have mommy back...but she's gonna wanna sit on your tummy! :eek:

Frenchy
August 9th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Just make sure to write on your stomach why you're getting the surgery so they don't operate on something else ... :laughing:

just kidding :p I saw that once in a sitcom :D

good luck bm , speedy recovery. :goodvibes:

babymomma
August 9th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks alot :D

My mom already has paid for a private room (Im kinda antisocial, plus i will be on the floor with the new mothers :rolleyes: so im not sharing with a lady with a baby:o ) And a T.V.. Thank god the surgury is free or We wouldnt be able to affrod the room.. lol..

I think keely knows something going on.. People must be sending out wierd vibes or something because she wont let anybody take her from me when she is in my arms.. I mean shes a big enough momma sook the best of times but shes like a leech today *shrug* .. Sigh, I want to cry just thinking about leaving her.. I think i may be a little too attached to my dog:o

My mom said that she will try to get me in a wheel chair and let me out if the parking lot to see keely.. And If i kick up enough stink they may let her in the hospital for a quick visit:shrug: therapy dogs are allowed, And Im sure keely would be the best theropy for me..

I really dont wanna go to bed:o

Winston
August 9th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Frenchy your so funny I almost fell off my chair! but your right! they say especially with parts you have more than one of!!! :D:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Magicwildwolf69
August 9th, 2009, 10:18 PM
good luck and many :grouphug::goodvibes: for the surgery and feeling better afterwards!

babymomma
August 9th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Just make sure to write on your stomach why you're getting the surgery so they don't operate on something else ... :laughing:

just kidding :p I saw that once in a sitcom :D

good luck bm , speedy recovery. :goodvibes:

:laughing::laughing: LOL frenchy!

Ive already got my speech made up for when im on my way to the O.R lol..

Im gonna tell them to MAKE sure that Im totally knocked out , Not just my body and my mind still being concious. And to MAKE sure they DO NOT leave any surgical instruments Inside of me so I get an ifection and be in alot of pain and have to get another surgury to have it removed.. My luck, everything that could possibly EVER go wrong, WILL go wrong.

luckypenny
August 9th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I must be an odd one :rolleyes:...I wake up from surgery famished :shrug:.

Babymomma, it's all gonna go quickly...just make sure you milk all the sympathy and spoiling while you can :thumbs up :D.

Quick recovery :goodvibes: and looking forward to hearing how you're doing afterwords.

Frenchy
August 9th, 2009, 10:22 PM
My luck, everything that could possibly EVER go wrong, WILL go wrong.

but then you could sue them , make lots of $$$ and never go back to school or work :evil:

babymomma
August 9th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Thank You all!
lol.. True frenchy! Your full of great ideas! lol..

Okay, Just so you guys know how much i LOVE my food. Ive requested A fruit basket for when im well enough to eat (I loooove my fruit.. lol)

And My grandma asked if i wanted any flowers or anything.. I said, "No thanks, Flowers just die. And besides, You cant eat them.. Just bring me a bag of chips" lol.. no wonder im overweight. lol!

babymomma
August 10th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Ack.. Im leaving now :S Nerves are starting to get to me a LITTLE bit. :P

mollywog
August 10th, 2009, 07:21 AM
all the best for a smooth surgery and quick recovery BM! :thumbs up

ancientgirl
August 10th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Good luck! I'm sure you'll come out of surgery a-okay!

Love4himies
August 10th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Good luck today!!! :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes::goodvibes:

Masha
August 10th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Good luck!! Enjoy the special attention... thats the one bonus when you go for surgery... you have everyone fretting over you and tending to all your needs and wants :)

Smiley14
August 10th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry I missed this yesterday! I think you're in surgery right now or maybe almost done! Sending out lots of good thoughts and prayers your way!!! :goodvibes:

Dee-O-Gee
August 10th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Well Babymomma...gonna bump this up a bit and hope that all went well today! Please keep us posted! :thumbs up

Jim Hall
August 10th, 2009, 10:04 PM
My main concern is , how long do you think it will be after my surgury until I can eat?

ahh haa yup still a teenager

growler~GateKeeper
August 10th, 2009, 11:02 PM
:goodvibes: Speedy Recovery :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
August 10th, 2009, 11:33 PM
More :goodvibes: headed your way, babymomma!!

Love4himies
August 11th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Hope your surgery went well, babymomma! :goodvibes:

rainbow
August 11th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Hope all is going well for you babymomma :grouphug: .....and you have a speedy recovery. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

edwina
August 11th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Hope your surgery went well. :grouphug::goodvibes:

Dog Dancer
August 11th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Just saw this thread. Hope your surgery went well and you have a speedy recovery. Keely will be soooo happy to get you home again. Hope you're not hungry anymore!