Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Server too busy...

hazelrunpack
August 9th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I've been getting this message a lot lately. Is there a major update going on? :confused:

marko
August 9th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Nope - no update.
Every once in a while when too many people make too many requests from the server, it cannot handle the load.

If this becomes a regular occurrence we'll likely need to upgrade the server again...for now though, to my knowledge, this happens only occasionally.

If members see this happening regularly, please let me know directly.

Many thanks!

Marko

hazelrunpack
August 9th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I think last night growler had the problem for about half an hour. I had a number of times...and again this morning when I tried to sign on first time. What's odd, is that there didn't seem to be that many people signed on at the time :shrug:

rainbow
August 9th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Hasn't happened to me this morning but then I just got here. :D

I only had it last night for about 5 minutes when a handful of us were replying in the TJT at the same time ....maybe the server couldn't handle a bunch of women talking at once. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 9th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I only had it last night for about 5 minutes when a handful of us were replying in the TJT at the same time ....maybe the server couldn't handle a bunch of women talking at once. :laughing:
:laughing: :p

aslan
August 9th, 2009, 05:12 PM
i got nailed twice today with this message and one was at 6 am, and when i got on only two other members were on and only a handlful of guests.

Magicwildwolf69
August 10th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Hasn't happened to me this morning but then I just got here. :D

i second hazel :laughing::p:p

marko
August 10th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Not exactly sure why this happened (I've informed our webhost though) and we'll be keeping an eye out.

Feel free to report any further occurrences in this thread.

many thx!

marko