Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Prayers Needed

rainbow
August 8th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I just heard that my grand niece gave birth prematurely at 27 weeks to her first born. He only weighs 2lb 9 oz and will be in neo natal care for the next few months. I hope he makes it. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
August 8th, 2009, 10:29 PM
:goodvibes: for baby and a :grouphug: for your grand niece!

MyBirdIsEvil
August 8th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Wow, that is really little. I hope he does well :pray:

14+kitties
August 8th, 2009, 10:32 PM
All the :pray::fingerscr:goodvibes: I can handle winging your way from this end. They can do amazing things with preemies these days. Let's hope this little one is a fighter. :pray::grouphug:

rainbow
August 8th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks Hazel, MBIE and 14+ :grouphug: .....I hope little Spencer is a fighter too. :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
August 8th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Spencer! I love the name!

rainbow
August 8th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Spencer! I love the name!

Thanks ...I like it too. :thumbs up I'm going to email my sister in a couple of days after things settle a bit to ask for pics :cloud9: although he probably looks like a scrawny little thing right now. :D

growler~GateKeeper
August 8th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Many many :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :fingerscr :fingerscr :pray: :pray: for wee Spencer :grouphug:

Winston
August 8th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Rainbow it is amazing what they can do today! Hugs to you mf! Little Spencer has lots of people watching over him! :thumbs up

rainbow
August 8th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Thank you Growler & Winston :grouphug:

I know lots of babies this small pull through just fine and I hope that he gets added to that list. :fingerscr

lUvMyLaB<3
August 9th, 2009, 01:11 AM
my prayers will be with your damily and the baby. My daughter was not much bigger when she was born at 3.3. She is turning 10 in a week, now a days it is amazing what they can do i am sure in no time he will be strong and into mischief, take care

rainbow
August 9th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Yep, to console my sister I said ....he'll probably grow up to be a linebacker on a football team. :D

Love4himies
August 9th, 2009, 08:54 AM
It is amazing what doctors and nurses can do with these wee babies, Rainbow.

Sending some :goodvibes: and :pray: for him.

JanM
August 9th, 2009, 09:01 AM
My prayers are with little Spencer, his family and you too! May all be well..

Golden Girls
August 9th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Rainbow :pray: for baby Spencer, grand-niece and family :goodvibes::fingerscr:goodvibes:

ancientgirl
August 9th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Rainbow, my prayers and thoughts are with your family and little Spencer.

There have been so many advances in medicine for pre-mature babies. I've no doubt he'll be okay.

Bailey_
August 9th, 2009, 11:02 AM
So sorry to hear this Rainbow!!! Many hugs & well wishes to your and your family. :goodvibes: for little baby Spencer!! :grouphug:

clm
August 9th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Tiny baby for sure. My sister was only 2lbs when she was born. She was 3 months early. Spoiled rotten by the hospital staff by the time mom and dad could bring her home too. :laughing: I hope little Spencer is as tough and strong as his wonderful name. I can't wait to see some pics of him.

Cindy

rainbow
August 9th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Thank you everyone. :grouphug:

I know they get amazing care nowadays. :thumbs up It's just that one of my sister's other daughters gave birth prematurely to a tiny one and he ended up with cerebral palsy and I know that is weighing heavily on their minds. :o

onster
August 9th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Little spencer and the whole family are in my prayers :grouphug:

:goodvibes:

Dee-O-Gee
August 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Sending :grouphug::grouphug:'s :pray: :pray:'s and :goodvibes::goodvibes: to Spencer, your grand niece and your entire family rainbow.

rainbow
August 9th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks so much onster and klm. :grouphug:

Smiley14
August 10th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Oh my goodness, he's so tiny! Sending out lots of prayers for baby Spencer and for your grand niece too! :grouphug:

cpietra16
August 10th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Rainbow, I'm sending your grandniece :goodvibes:.
My friend had triplets, all at 1 pound. They are all 11 years old now and healthy....Doctors are amazing these days.

Frenchy
August 10th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Any updates on little Spencer Rainbow ?

I agree with the others , doctors can make miracles happen now a days.

:goodvibes: :fingerscr

Golden Girls
August 10th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Rainbow like CPietra's friend my son was born at 28 weeks 1 lb - in neo care for 3 full months, not only did he survive he's over 6' played football, baseball, hockey you name he's so awesome ... that was 23 years ago miracle absolutely - combined with today's technology baby Spencer could very well be a quaterback :)

:goodvibes: please keep us posted in the meantime we will :pray:

kandy
August 10th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I also had a friend who had her baby almost 3 months early - although I don't know exactly how much she weighed, I know she was in the neo-natal unit for 4 months. She is now a healthy and beautiful 19 year old.

Good vibes and prayers going out to tiny Spencer and all your family!

Mat&Murph
August 10th, 2009, 03:47 PM
:goodvibes: and :grouphug: to the family!!!!!!

dmc123
August 10th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I also send my thoughts and prayers to your grand niece and Spencer and to you and all your family.

Diane