Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Momma and 10 week old??

14+kitties
August 7th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Or four months old?
I got a call yesterday from a lady who said she had to put down this stray cat she had been feeding because it was an outside cat and would not let her two cats near the house. She had been looking after this cat for a while. Through the birth of her kittens up to today.
I told her what time I got off work today and asked her to meet me. She was late of course. I waited 15 minutes and came home. Only got out of the car and hubby was saying work had called, the lady was there. So, back in the car to go get the kitties.
This lady was completely wacky. I don't remember ever talking to her. She said the crate the kitties were in had a wonky door. Yep, it did. The carrier should have been thrown out a long time ago. It's a hot day today and she hadn't given them any water at all. Mom was very stressed. Kitty was just laying there taking it all in. She asked that I call her when I got home and got them settled so she would know they were ok. Funny, she wasn't worried about that when she was going to put them down. :wall: Then she said the kitten was born the end of April. Mmm, that would make him 4 months, not 10weeks! Not that it matters. They are both very very tiny. They need some serious fattening up.
Mom has to get fixed asap. She could be preggers again. :wall:
So, without further ado....
Momma
Kitten
and both. Even laying down you can see how skinny mom is. :sad:

babymomma
August 7th, 2009, 06:24 PM
OMG 14+ your an angel ! .. Im sure she used the PTS thing only as a scare tactic! ..

They are both adorable! and omg the kitten is almost the same size as momma!

Any names? And Is kitten a girl or boy?

onster
August 7th, 2009, 07:22 PM
14+, i have no words for how amazing you are. Honestly.

Definately not a 10 week old. I'm sure under your care these too will flourish :cloud9::lovestruck:

MommaKat
August 7th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Did she say 10 weeks to make sure you took them :shrug: ? What a nut. Anyways, they are beautiful kitties but too skinny for sure. Don't worry kittehs your safe now :grouphug:

Oh and this part :

would not let her two cats near the house

That means her cats are outdoor/indoor cats? is it possible that one of them could be a Daddy to the kitten?

You rock for taking them in 14+ :grouphug: .

Tundra_Queen
August 7th, 2009, 08:24 PM
14+ what a loving person you ARe!!!:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
August 7th, 2009, 09:18 PM
They're so lucky you were there for them, 14+ :grouphug:

14+kitties
August 7th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Any names? And Is kitten a girl or boy?

Ooops, guess I forgot to add that. It's a boy. He reminds me so much of Bandit:rip: except Bandit was long haired and he is short. He also smells like he was sprayed by a skunk. I think a bath is long overdue for him. Not sure about Mom. I didn't touch her tonight except for a quick check.

Did she say 10 weeks to make sure you took them :shrug: ? What a nut. Anyways, they are beautiful kitties but too skinny for sure. Don't worry kittehs your safe now :grouphug:

Oh and this part :

That means her cats are outdoor/indoor cats? is it possible that one of them could be a Daddy to the kitten?

You rock for taking them in 14+ :grouphug: .

Actually, I had already agreed to take the mother before she said "What about the kitten?" I was aghast. I said wh wh whaaattt? I was under the understanding she had adopted out all of the kittens. She said no, there was one more and he was still really close to mom. What could I do? Sure couldn't leave him there.
Yes, that means her cats are indoor/outdoor. She says where she lives that's all cats are. Most of the area is wide open with lots of farms so cats come and go a lot. :wall: It is entirely possible that one of hers is daddy. When I saw the condition of the kitties I just wanted to get them away from her and home.
I still haven't phoned her. :D But I probably will tomorrow to find out for sure how old the kitten is. Maybe she will tell me the truth now they aren't with her. :shrug:

Frenchy
August 7th, 2009, 09:33 PM
I'm so sorry people are taking advantage of you like this :sad: you don't have to call her , you don't owe her anything :frustrated: unless she made a donation :rolleyes:

you are indeed , a kitty :angel:

Smiley14
August 7th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Oh my goodness, that is so sad. I'm so relieved they are at least away from her and safe with you now at least. Poor things. I will never understand some people. :wall:

14+kitties
August 7th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I'm so sorry people are taking advantage of you like this :sad: you don't have to call her , you don't owe her anything :frustrated: unless she made a donation :rolleyes:

you are indeed , a kitty :angel:

Actually, I told her I would not take the cat unless I got some sort of donation toward her spaying. :o She didn't give much but at least it will help a little.
It gets worse. There was another customer in there today I had spoken to before. She was buying about 30 or 40 cans of food. She reminded me we had spoken before about the cats. One of the strays she feeds just had seven kittens! She asked if I wanted them 'cause "they're soooo cute!" I said they are all cute but what are you planning on doing with them? She said she didn't know. I asked about getting them all fixed. She said she couldn't afford it. I told her about Spay Central and the rescue I go through and she could get the cats done for $50 each. She said she would rather spend that kind of money on humans. :wall::wall: So........ I said you know the problem will just get continually worse? The cats will inbreed, there will be health issues, etc, etc. She didn't care. Sticking to the too much money to spend on cats.
She's only buying 30 or 40 cans of food at a time right now. Wait till she has 50 or 60 to feed! :wall: I sometimes can't understand some people's thinking.

Magicwildwolf69
August 7th, 2009, 09:50 PM
you are such a kitty :angel: for sure 14+. well think of it this way. they blend in with your other kitties! :D

and they are so pretty :lovestruck:

Frenchy
August 7th, 2009, 10:27 PM
She said she would rather spend that kind of money on humans. :wall::wall:

:frustrated: but humans can make their own money .... nobody is looking after these cats .. :yell: :wall:

14+kitties
August 7th, 2009, 10:34 PM
:frustrated: but humans can make their own money .... nobody is looking after these cats .. :yell: :wall:

I know. I have to learn how to keep my mouth shut at work. It's so hard sometimes to see the crap food some kitties are being fed. The cheapest dry crap possible. :sad:
Next time I see her I am going to see if she will tell me the area she lives in. Maybe the HS can get a call to send them up that way. :rolleyes:

luckypenny
August 7th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I don't know how you do it, 14+...you're beyond incredible :grouphug:. Those sure are some lucky kitties :goodvibes:.

rainbow
August 8th, 2009, 12:37 AM
I don't know how you do it, 14+...you're beyond incredible :grouphug:. Those sure are some lucky kitties :goodvibes:.

I second that. :thumbs up :angel:

That kitten is at least six months old. :rolleyes: What a :loser: that woman is :wall: ....how can she not want to spay/neuter the ones she has. :frustrated:

MyBirdIsEvil
August 8th, 2009, 01:07 AM
It really makes me angry that some people refuse to take any responsibility on themselves to care for and spay/neuter cats.
Feeding them and encouraging them to breed is just fine apparently, but when it comes to spaying and neutering some people just don't wanna spend the money on it even though they're going to spend just as much if not more in the long run and leave more cats without homes.
Plus it's apparently ok to pawn cats off on someone else to spend money on and care for. A lot of people around here have that mentality of "Oh, whatever we'll just drop 'em at the pound or whatever, then we don't have to spend the money or deal with them...". Yeah, gee thanks. The pound isn't supposed to be an animal drop off center for irresponsible people. Everyone pays taxes towards it, it's not free, and someone has to have the job of caring for the animals or euthanizing them.

Oh well, at least the cats you take in will be one or more less set of kittens, and that's something.

And oh yeah, that kitten looks 4+ months old for sure.

Love4himies
August 8th, 2009, 07:16 AM
OMG, 14+, I don't know where you get the strength to control yourself and not strangle these people :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Sometimes I wonder where people's brains are and what they are thinking. :wall: :loser:

ancientgirl
August 8th, 2009, 09:16 AM
So she keeps her cats outside, but put down a stray that was bothering her cats? :frustrated:

You are an angel. 14+

14+kitties
August 8th, 2009, 10:26 AM

I do it the same way you do it with the dogs. And a lot of other members on this site do with cats and dogs. Sometimes you just get a hunch these animals are in more need then some other ones. These two sure were. :wall:

14+kitties
August 8th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I wormed mom and the kitten this morning. He was pretty easy. Mom, not so much. :rolleyes: I just picked him up, popped his mouth open and put the pill at the back of his throat. Easy peasy. Tried it with Mom. She was having none of it. I got a good growl from her. So, I figured feed her and try again when she had food in her belly. I waited and waited and waited. She just kept on eating. So, I put the pill close to the spot on the plate she was eating from. :laughing: I don't think she even knew she ate it. Just kept on mowing down. :thumbs up Hopefully once the worms get cleaned out they will both gain more weight.
She is very very food aggressive. She even growled at the kitten when he got too close to her food. It is quite obvious they didn't get food on a regular basis before.
Kitten sure likes the toys I put in. :cloud9:
Yummy! Food!!

rainbow
August 8th, 2009, 02:16 PM
WOW, those are big plates of food :eek: ....do they eat all that at once? :D

I love the pic of the kitten with the toy :cloud9: ....do they have names yet? :)

14+kitties
August 8th, 2009, 02:29 PM
WOW, those are big plates of food :eek: ....do they eat all that at once? :D

I love the pic of the kitten with the toy :cloud9: ....do they have names yet? :)

That actually is only two small cans of food. I will probably put more down tonight for them. At least one more can. They actually had most of it done before I left them today. :sad: Poor things.
No names yet. I may have mom adopted if the neighbour can prove to me he has escape proofed his barn. She will be getting fixed before she goes anywhere. Being as she is a little cranky he may not want her. He has three small girls who he says are in and out of the barn. Not sure if that's an ideal situation for this cat. I can see her bolting the first chance she gets.

Tundra_Queen
August 8th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Actually, I told her I would not take the cat unless I got some sort of donation toward her spaying. :o She didn't give much but at least it will help a little.
It gets worse. There was another customer in there today I had spoken to before. She was buying about 30 or 40 cans of food. She reminded me we had spoken before about the cats. One of the strays she feeds just had seven kittens! She asked if I wanted them 'cause "they're soooo cute!" I said they are all cute but what are you planning on doing with them? She said she didn't know. I asked about getting them all fixed. She said she couldn't afford it. I told her about Spay Central and the rescue I go through and she could get the cats done for $50 each. She said she would rather spend that kind of money on humans. :wall::wall: So........ I said you know the problem will just get continually worse? The cats will inbreed, there will be health issues, etc, etc. She didn't care. Sticking to the too much money to spend on cats.
She's only buying 30 or 40 cans of food at a time right now. Wait till she has 50 or 60 to feed! :wall: I sometimes can't understand some people's thinking.

Only 50 bucks to spayed a cat? That is a great price!! It is a lot more up here. They need to have spay clinics in Northern Ontario. So many unspayed animals.

14+ I love the colours of the kitten. That is the colour of cat I have always wanted. He is pretty.

I'm so glad u have them and are taking care of them. Hopefully u can find a new home for them. :grouphug:

Debbie