Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I finally did it, I joined a gym!

ancientgirl
August 7th, 2009, 02:36 PM
This past week I realized I just needed to do something about my weight. I'm tired of feeling tired, and dieting alone isn't cutting it.

I didn't want to join a gym and get stuck with some long contract, and I couldn't afford a personal trainer. So, I looked at my monthly expenses to see where I could cut back, and really, the only place was my health insurance. I can't cut back on my carpayment, or car insurance. My cable/internet is my only entertainment so that's not going anywhere. The cats food and litter is not an option either.

I looked at some other carriers and found one that offered a plan for $39 a month. It's a sort of discounted plan. Like you go to the doctor on their network, the doctor gives them a special rate, then they pay $50 on that rate and you pay the rest. There is no hospitalization, I'd have to get another plan. I know, it's risky, but for now, it's my only option. It will allow me to save money and for the time being, not feel so overwhelmed.

It also afforded me the chance to join this health club. And the best part, they had a pay monthly option. So, I can quit at any time and not have to pay them another dime. It's not too terrible, $40 a month.

I am going in the evenings, on my way home. I wind up getting home around 6:00. I feel bad I have to make the gang wait so long for dinner, but I've noticed feeding them a little later actually gets them to eat all their food and not be so hungry the following morning.

I started Tuesday. I'm going to try and go at least 4 times a week. So, I went Tuesday, Wednesday, skipped Thursday and am going today and tomorrow morning. Sunday they are closed.

My weight is 188:eek: My BMI is about 36 and the trainer there said it should be around 31. I've been trying to really eat good. Egg white omelets, protein pancakes in the morning to boost my energy, plenty of veggies and I've cut back on the carbs considerably. I still have some, but not hear the amount I used to.

I'm optimistic. Oh, and the best part is, I actually feel good.

Bailey_
August 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM
:thumbs up Awesome, good for you! Sounds like you're on a great track to being very healthy! Keep it up!

:highfive::thumbs up

Dog Dancer
August 7th, 2009, 04:20 PM
:thumbs up Good job AG. Sure hope it all works out for you. Too bad you had to cut back on the health insurance though, so just make sure you stay healthy okay! But we're all for that anyhow. Staying motivated will be tough, but know that we're all pulling for you.

onster
August 7th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Great job AG. Stick with it! My trainer said you can expect to lose 0.5% body fat in a week so u really should be there in no time! Numbers arent really that bad, not as bad as mine :( but im working on it too.

Try not to be soo restrictive with ure food tho so u dont get sick of it.

Love4himies
August 7th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Wahoo!!! I am so happy for you and yes, if you keep it up, then you will get your energy back.

onster
August 7th, 2009, 05:19 PM
oh yes i forgot to mention bout the energy, when i first started going to the gym omg i would be soooooo exhausted like i literally went to bed right after the first few times. Now though it really energizes me.

One thing u can have after workouts is skim choc milk, ive read and heard from a lot of sources its a good thing 2 do. Oh and dont forget to stretch.

Rottielover
August 7th, 2009, 06:44 PM
wohoo congrats, so keep us all posted on the August weight loss thread :)

ancientgirl
August 7th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks guys! I knew I'd get lots of support here.

Cutting back on the health care does stink, but I had to do it. It was getting to where I just can't save any money because I don't have any at the end of the month to save.

So this way, I'll have enough to save and splurge on something that will help me get healthy.

Rottielover, I remembered there was a weight loss thread, but couldn't remember where it was!

I'll keep you guys up to date for sure!

Right now I plan to go at least 4-5 times a week. I'll take a day off during the week, and the gym is closed on Sunday, so I figure that's good.

babymomma
August 7th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Thats GREAT AG!!

When I am healed from my surgury in about 6-8 weeks, I plan on joining our local gym. A new big one just opened:D

I cant wait!

Oh and heres the weightloss thread :D

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=64557

onster
August 7th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Sounds like a gr8 plan, soo excited for u AG :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
August 7th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks babymomma. I'll go there and make a post.

Onster, thanks. I have needed to do this for a long time.