Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another "Vick" dog adopted!!!! Yeah Dogtown!!!!

diandpat
August 4th, 2009, 10:29 PM
http://news.bestfriends.org/index.cfm?page=news&fps=1&mode=entry&entry=E54BF137-FAF5-634B-915A029F2C926E4A

Dogtown (national geographic channel noon Saturdays) took in 20+ of the Vick dogs to rehabilitate...Dan is only one of them!!!

Frenchy
August 4th, 2009, 10:45 PM
awwww rescue people adopting a rescue dog , too cool ! :thumbs up

diandpat
August 4th, 2009, 10:56 PM
awwww rescue people adopting a rescue dog , too cool ! :thumbs up

That is very cool, that's what I was thinking too! :lovestruck:

this is the first dog adopted on July 18...amazing that these dogs are now even "safe" around other dogs, despite their horrible start in life...

http://news.bestfriends.org/index.cfm?page=news&mode=entry&entry=88B6CC39-FC98-6EC9-0EB885ADFA6B6DF1

mollywog
August 4th, 2009, 11:02 PM
What a wonderful ending to a horrible start. That man should be locked up for life. :evil:
Dogtown is a great show. But man oh man, bring out the Kleenex!!! :cry: ;)

diandpat
August 4th, 2009, 11:03 PM
LOVE Dogtown...I want to go visit one time!

Frenchy
August 4th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Dogtown is a great show. But man oh man, bring out the Kleenex!!! :cry: ;)

:offtopic: is this on Animal planet also ?

diandpat
August 4th, 2009, 11:12 PM
:offtopic: is this on Animal planet also ?

National Geographic Channel at noon Saturday and/or I think 11 a.m. Sunday.

Do you get that channel? It is an excellent show! You would love it and would want to come on vacation there with me :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Chaser
August 4th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Awesome! They have done such an amazing job with those dogs....such beauties :lovestruck:

Frenchy
August 4th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I don't have National Geographic :sad: and I only have animal planet because it was free for a while ....

but it sounds like a great show !

Love4himies
August 5th, 2009, 08:03 AM
What a great ending for Handsome Dan :lovestruck:. He looks so happy with his new family. :highfive:

Rottielover
August 5th, 2009, 08:07 AM
I remember the show they did bringing those dogs into dogtown. They were all such a sad sight, so scared bodies would not leave the ground. This is something that makes this show amazing. I love it, and always try to watch it when I can..... Way to go tracii

chico2
August 5th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I watch Dog-Town on NG-channel usually 8pm on Saturdays,I watched the re-runs over and over.
Love all the dedicated handlers and trainers,if anyone van retrained these poor pups,it's Best Friends.
You can go there on vacation and rent one of their cottages..

Their cat-houses are amazing too,the whole place is a haven for animals:thumbs up

In the meantime though,KILLER VICK,is free to join any NFL team who wants him,so far not much luck!!

ancientgirl
August 5th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Frenchy, you might be able to find some episodes online.

It's so nice to see these dogs being given a second chance. This is the second "Vicktory" dog that has found a home. What is it they say about living well being the best revenge?:D

ownedbycats
August 5th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I just read a book about Dogtown It was really neat. It talked a bit about how the rescue got started, showed pics and blueprints of the dog shelters, and of course, pics and stories about the dogs, caregivers and adopters.

mollywog
August 5th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Here is a link to the Dogtown website. Unfortunately I don't see any full length episodes online but you can watch clips and read updates on some of their dogs :lovestruck:
http://www.bestfriends.org/dogtown/