Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Adventures with nature

CearaQC
August 4th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Well interesting past couple of days!

Yesterday Sheeba gave me quite the scare. She ran off the trail in the woods and discovered a hornet nest I think. She did not get stung thankfully, but she darted out of there and frantically tried to get rid of the bugs. I found 3 on her and got them off and then we got out of there as quick as possible! I searched her all over and found no stings at all. Whew! I guess they had a hard time getting through her fur.

Then today I was removing some cabbages because the bay leaf tip for deterring ear wigs didn't work and the cabbage heads looked like swiss cheese.

When I got to the last cabbage and started to twist the plant, something moved in there and started squeaking!!

I jumped back in a hurry and found a big stick to move the cabbage from a distance. :laughing::laughing:

And a baby bat came crawling out, squeaking loudly. :eek:

Went and got my brother in law next door to come get it because I did not want to handle it at all. He released it in an out of the way spot and I'll have to keep the dogs away for at least a day. Maybe tonight it will rejoin its family.

hazelrunpack
August 4th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Nature gone wild!!!! :eek: Quite the adventure. I'm glad no one got bit...by anything! :o

growler~GateKeeper
August 5th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Wow eventful for sure!

Maybe it wasn't earwigs munching thorough your cabbage afterall :shrug: a veggie loving bat........or it was eating the earwigs in the cabbage :thumbs up :laughing:

Hopefully the next few days are much calmer :fingerscr

rainbow
August 5th, 2009, 01:40 PM
WOW what a scare for both you and Sheeba :grouphug: ....hopefully things don't happen in threes. :eek:

NoahGrey
August 6th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Have had a few bat calls this summer.

ACO22

Bina
August 6th, 2009, 02:26 PM
We have several bats here at night, they are great, but it was also a surprise when we discovered that one was living in the closed down patio umbrella.
Now we open the umbrella very carefully. ;)