Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Foto's 04/07

aslan
August 4th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Hey guys,,, there is an email going around, looks like it is coming in from one of your friends. The subject is Foto's 04/07. Don't open it, just delete it then delete it from your deleted folder. It isn't from your friend it is a virus and once you open it, it goes through your contact list and emails itself out. I know of more than one person, myself included who has Avast antivirus and it won't allow you to open it. It will even email itself to your own inbox. Gotta wonder why people with nothing better to do find joy in creating this kinda crap.:frustrated:

rainbow
August 4th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Yep, that's what it looked like. Friggin sickos. :wall:

diandpat
August 4th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Just got it from you Trish...deleted and deleted! I hae three people that I continue to receive it from now. Thanks for spreading he word.

aslan
August 4th, 2009, 07:12 PM
i got a totally different one from you this morning di,,, the blocked from msn one, was usually getting that one from frenchy's email address.

diandpat
August 4th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Details please...my nephew was on my computer this weekend and everything is screwed up...sorry!!!!! :(

Frenchy
August 4th, 2009, 07:15 PM
was usually getting that one from frenchy's email address.

and I get them from everybody elses !!! so I didn't start this one :shrug:

diandpat
August 4th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Oh that one...crap!!!! Why do people do this?????:yell::yell::yell::yell::yell:

aslan
August 4th, 2009, 07:25 PM
and I get them from everybody elses !!! so I didn't start this one :shrug:

lol, no one thought you did. Some moron with too much time on his/her hands and a total waste of an obviously talented mind. Lp warned me about the msn one so i never opened it.

Jim Hall
August 4th, 2009, 07:47 PM
ty for the warning

hazelrunpack
August 4th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I'm finally happy for the excessively fussy spam filter on my ISP's webmail :rolleyes:--it caught both the emails sent to me and threw them into quarantine! :thumbs up

edwina
August 4th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Well i dont like hackers either, but to me the government are just as bad. Because instead of prosecuting these people they give them jobs. :wall: They would rather have them on there side then out hacking. :frustrated: So you cant tell me that some of these people aren't doing this for attention and a job. :frustrated:
They need to start putting these people in jail!
I do love that microsoft put out a bounty on a recent hackers head because of the mess his virus/worm was causing and going to cause. :thumbs up

rainbow
August 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Supposedly this virus was rampant on MSN Messenger and that's how it got spread so widely. People were getting messages from friends with a link to photos.

aslan
August 5th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Supposedly this virus was rampant on MSN Messenger and that's how it got spread so widely. People were getting messages from friends with a link to photos.

No idea how it got started, but it was grace who passed it to me and she doesn't use messanger.

Smiley14
August 5th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Oh, scary! I haven't gotten this one yet, thank goodness! But I'll watch for it just in case. UGH! Thanks for the warning!

14+kitties
August 22nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Well, after recieving this thing approx. 50 times I have had to block your addys from my email. It has been coming regularily to both my main and hotmail address. :shrug:

aslan
August 22nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
windows live is working on it. I'm running 3 different anti virus's at this moment to stop it. Sorry to anyone that this is coming to.

aslan
August 22nd, 2009, 01:17 PM
14+, i am shutting down most of my emails on the old acct. i've created a new acct if you'd like to add it. trish-qman@hotmail.com