Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Ate Fertilizer Spikes

Dina
August 3rd, 2009, 02:48 PM
Product: Jobes Organics fertilizer Spikes 4-4-4
I just caught my 4 year old lab eating spikes I had buried for my tomato plants. I'm not sure how many she ate...maybe 2... the nitorgen-phosphate and soluble Potash derived from , feather meal, bone meal and sulfate of potash.

Should I be concerned here???? It says keep away from children but no instructions if consumed...does not say keep away from pets...

Is my dog in danger?

Shaykeija
August 3rd, 2009, 02:56 PM
Get your dog to the vet. I am pretty sure these are poison for animals. Better to be safe than sorry.

rainbow
August 3rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
I would contact your vet right away ....fertilizer is toxic.

Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

rainbow
August 3rd, 2009, 03:02 PM
I would also be concerned that the spikes may cause an intestinal obstruction so please contact your vet asap.

BenMax
August 3rd, 2009, 03:02 PM
Yep - go to your vet immediately.:thumbs up. If not good for children, not good for animals.

rainbow
August 4th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Dina, how is your girl doing? :fingerscr

Dina
August 4th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Thank you Thank you Thank you, to all that replied to my question. I brought her immediately to our vet with the bag of vertilizer...they had to call poison control (cost me about $80) and the news was good. No harmful toxins..the worse side effect was that she could vomit.

hazelrunpack
August 4th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Whew! That's a relief! :grouphug:

Dee-O-Gee
August 4th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Great news Dina--I love happy endings! :lovestruck:

rainbow
August 5th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Glad to hear that Karina is okay. :thumbs up