Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Such a bad, bad smell

Macomom
August 3rd, 2009, 08:25 AM
Darby's first act of off leash liberty since being spayed was to find a big pile of dead/rotting something???? and roll in it.
She is sooooo proud of herself. "Look at me Mom, I don't smell like a Rottweiller anymore..."
It breaks my heart to banish her outside for a little while, but I cannot stand the way she smells. I have already wiped her down, but still she reaks! I am going to need a bio hazardous team to help me with this one.
She is lying on the porch enjoying the sun, and hopefully whatever she rolled in, bakes off or dries off or something.....ewwwwww :(

Love4himies
August 3rd, 2009, 08:32 AM
:laughing::laughing:, whoops, Sorry to hear that Darby has temporarily lost that puppy smell, no wait, it's funny when it isn't one of my pets. :laughing:

Hopefully Darby doesn't mind baths :fingerscr

mollywog
August 3rd, 2009, 08:34 AM
awww what a silly girl. Its hard to stay mad at them when you know they had so much fun gettin' stinky! :crazy:
My childhood dog once rolled in a dead, rotten fish.... :yuck: I can still recall the smell exactly! It took quite a while to get rid of it, but Google Skunk baths... something involving baking soda I think... and just keep giving her baths with it to help neutralize the smells.
Good Luck! :thumbs up

Frenchy
August 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Sorry to disapoint you but .... pray all you want , the smell ain't going to go away by itself :laughing: she needs a bath :D

an a word of advice , after her bath , wait a couple of days before walking her to the same area :laughing: because she'll do it all over again :eek:

when we think our dogs smell great , they think they stink. They loooooove the smell of rotten dead animals. So specially after their bath , they will go roll on those things to get that "good smell" back :shrug:

I once bathed Bailey & Daisy 3x in one week ..... by the third time , I just waited a while before taking them back in the woods behind my house. :p

Macomom
August 3rd, 2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the advice, or the words of encouragement.
Darby got her bath, and only faintly smells of rotting zombie corpse.:wall:
What a stench though! It is amazing that dogs think that is a good smell.
I guess some cheap perfume is almost as bad...