Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

WOW another head banging day...

Shaykeija
August 2nd, 2009, 09:17 PM
Some days I wish I could hide under my bed and never come out. Went to a birthday party today. I met this lady there that said she owned 2 great danes and that she had mated them.:wall::wall::wall: So I asked her if she had homes for them yet and if she had a spay neuter contract for them. She asked me why, and that all the puppies would go to good homes. But she does not know whether to sell them or give them away. Depends on the vet bills. I damn near spit my drink across the table. Our lawyer was there and was holding my hand ( he really knows me) and says, do you know that you are talking to a lady that rescues dogs? (He is squeezing my hand purple)

So I ask a little more about the female and she said she has been restless since last night. She is also leaking GREEN fluid from the vagina. OMG She asked me if I wanted to see her, so off I went (with a very stern warning from my lawyer not to smack her) with her. I checked her out and yes, green stuff was leaking everywhere. I took her temperature and it was 102 so her temp dropped yesterday and was up today. I Called my vet and he said that it could be the puppies poop (medacaram?) coming out. So she will watch her tonight and if anything happens, stress or problems with the birth, she is to call right away. She was crying when I talked to the vet, she was worried. So, we cleaned her up the best we could, and let her nest on the bed. That was where she wanted to be, so we protected the mattress and she can have the puppies there. She had invited all the neighbours kids to witness the "miracle of birth". I told her as a first time litter this was not wise and the vet reinforced my advice. So I uninvited all the kids. They were a little mad but I told them mommy dog will be a little scared and needed quiet time. They can see the puppies after. She will call me when the labour starts and I will go help. Sigh..She also left the female out side in a large pen with the male. I told her also that this was not a wise thing to do. Sigh and I wonder why I have wrinkles and white hair....

growler~GateKeeper
August 3rd, 2009, 12:03 AM
:wall: :loser:

she does not know whether to sell them or give them away

So what was the point of breeding them :wall:

Jim Hall
August 3rd, 2009, 12:36 AM
"the miraclae of birth " sheesh :yuck::yell: why dont she just replay her's

better yet set up a web cam and show it on pets ca :loser::crazy:

Love4himies
August 3rd, 2009, 09:49 AM
:wall::wall: Well hopefully you can talk her into spaying when the pups are weaned :pray:

Frenchy
August 3rd, 2009, 11:21 AM
She is also leaking GREEN fluid from the vagina.

I Called my vet and he said that it could be the puppies poop (medacaram?) coming out.

And the vet wasn't concerned ????? :confused: Because I know about one pregnant great dane who was leaking green stuff and .... emergency c-section is what was needed. And THAT wasn't funny , specially when it's a very emaciated foster that no one knew was pregnant until the green stuff leaking....

I would smack that lady soooo hard .... omg so many wrongs .... :wall:

BenMax
August 3rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
And the vet wasn't concerned ????? :confused: Because I know about one pregnant great dane who was leaking green stuff and .... emergency c-section is what was needed. And THAT wasn't funny , specially when it's a very emaciated foster that no one knew was pregnant until the green stuff leaking....

I would smack that lady soooo hard .... omg so many wrongs .... :wall:

When I read this post Frenchy - you came to mind immediately. I recall you mentioning this green liquid.

ancientgirl
August 3rd, 2009, 01:18 PM
If they want kids to witness the miracle of birth, then why don't they just go up and ask some pregnant woman if they can be in the birthing room with her? Or better yet, get them a DVD.

I hate when people say that, as almost an excuse as to why they allow their pets to mate.

BenMax
August 3rd, 2009, 01:25 PM
If they want kids to witness the miracle of birth, then why don't they just go up and ask some pregnant woman if they can be in the birthing room with her? Or better yet, get them a DVD.

I hate when people say that, as almost an excuse as to why they allow their pets to mate.

You hit the nail on the head! I remember hearing this same crap at the SPCA when I used to volunteer there. My response, was 'how wonderful, now we can show them the complete circle of life and now death...follow me downstairs so that you can witness the euthanasia.' Oh yeah - got lots of flack for that - but that was exactly what was going to happen. Why stay quiet about reality?

ancientgirl
August 3rd, 2009, 01:31 PM
BM, you are quite right. What are they going to do when they can't find homes for the puppies? Take them to a shelter, and what do they think happens there? It's not always happily ever after.

rainbow
August 3rd, 2009, 03:12 PM
OMG I have absolutely no words suitable to post here :eek: ......stupid, stupid woman. :wall:

I hope the dog is alright and has no complications. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Frenchy
August 3rd, 2009, 03:19 PM
follow me downstairs so that you can witness the euthanasia.' Oh yeah - got lots of flack for that - but that was exactly what was going to happen. Why stay quiet about reality?

I can see you BM , telling this to a bunch of kids :evil:

:laughing:

but really , like kids really would like to see animal give birth ? :confused: I think there's a thing they can watch , if they really want to .... oh what's it called again ?? ... oh yes ! I got it !

freaking tv !! :rolleyes:

and another thing , Shaykeija , if you can tell this stupid lady that , most great danes have anxiety , so all of this , is soooo not good for her dog. :frustrated:

Shaykeija
August 3rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Well they are here...3 females and 2 males. All fat and sassy. Mom is fine and nursing. I am still pissed though. I can't help but wonder what in in these little ones future. Will take pictures next time I am out. The are cute though.

ancientgirl
August 3rd, 2009, 06:21 PM
I'm glad they all made it. I really hope she's got homes for these little ones. :loser:

rainbow
August 4th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Glad that everything went well during delivery. :thumbs up

So is this twit going to get momma spayed now? :fingerscr

Shaykeija
August 4th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I f#$%ing hope so...

Magicwildwolf69
August 4th, 2009, 11:02 AM
wow she's one of those people :wall::wall: glad everything is good so far with the puppies and i hope the owner is going to get her spayed this time after!

ok so where are our pics????? :D

Shaykeija
August 4th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Going to see the puppies this week some time. Not sure which day as I am working a lot of nights and they are 45 minutes away from here.

rainbow
August 4th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Going to see the puppies this week some time. Not sure which day as I am working a lot of nights and they are 45 minutes away from here.

Well that gives you some time to think of what you can say to convince this twit to get her dog spayed. :D

Don't forget your camera. :goodvibes: