Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Big day for Rose

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2009, 08:37 AM
This is Rose's big day. She is allowed free run of the house except the master bedroom where :evil: Sour Pea :evil: is locked up.

So far she has done the foyer outside her bedroom.

Will post pics as she continues on her travel.

Frenchy
August 2nd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Sour Pea ? :laughing:

Rose must be so excited , so many smells , so little time :laughing:

14+kitties
August 2nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
That is so sweet that she can roam. Does that mean she is a foster success? :rolleyes: :cloud9: Let's hope Ms. Sour Pea behaves.

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2009, 10:13 AM
That is so sweet that she can roam. Does that mean she is a foster success? :rolleyes: :cloud9: Let's hope Ms. Sour Pea behaves.

hehehe, DH called himself "daddy" when he was talking to her yesterday.

As for keeping her, it depends on how well she integrates into the house. I can't keep her locked up, but I also can't allow my current resident kitties to be stressed over her presence.

So far she will only come out of the room if Jasper is at her door.

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2009, 10:16 AM
Sour Pea ? :laughing:

Rose must be so excited , so many smells , so little time :laughing:

That is babymomma's name for not so nice Sweet Pea. :laughing:

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Hi Jasper, is it safe to come out?

Rose looking back at her door to make sure it is still open:

We are going grocery shopping. Rose will be allowed to keep her door open. Maybe with the quiet house she will venture further.

cpietra16
August 2nd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Jasper looks like a monster cat beside Rose....I forgot how small Rose is...She really looks so happy

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2009, 12:42 PM
He is a big boy and Rose is a tiny petite girl :lovestruck:. She sure has packed on some weight though, even her face has filled out.

You are right, cpietra, she is happy, but would be happier if she had access to Jasper 24/7.

She hasn't really ventured from her room. I was hoping when we went grocery shopping she would come upstairs :sad:.

BenMax
August 2nd, 2009, 12:43 PM
L4H - is Rose the mama of the 2 babies that you got from Cpietra?

She is absolutely lovely..:lovestruck: - you go Girl and do that exploring!

rainbow
August 2nd, 2009, 12:55 PM
Awwww, Uncle Jasper :lovestruck: is working his charm again. :cloud9:

Is he staying downstairs with Rose? Or is he coming upstairs and she's still staying down?

edwina
August 2nd, 2009, 02:09 PM
The adventures of Rose and Jasper. :cat::laughing:
Does Rose get along with the others ? Besides Sweat Pea. :shrug:

Frenchy
August 2nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
You are right, cpietra, she is happy, but would be happier if she had access to Jasper 24/7.

awwwww how cute is that ! :cloud9: uncle Jasper taking care of the newbie once again :angel:

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2009, 02:55 PM
L4H - is Rose the mama of the 2 babies that you got from Cpietra?

She is absolutely lovely..:lovestruck: - you go Girl and do that exploring!

Yes, this is Angel's daughter. She is absolutely beautiful and such a lovebug :cloud9:.

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2009, 02:56 PM
awwwww how cute is that ! :cloud9: uncle Jasper taking care of the newbie once again :angel:

He is the best kitty to have when fostering ferals/semi ferals because he shows them how kitties interact with humans.

babymomma
August 2nd, 2009, 03:29 PM
Thats awesome L4H-- It would be awesomer if sour pea would just at least tolerate her!

Its so heart warming to see how much trust she has for jasper:cloud9:

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2009, 03:58 PM
Thats awesome L4H-- It would be awesomer if sour pea would just at least tolerate her!

Its so heart warming to see how much trust she has for jasper:cloud9:

Sour Pea will only tolerate Jasper, after 2 years I still have to keep Puddles and her separated :sad:
Maybe Rose's timid personality will cool Sweet Pea off a bit :pray:.

chico2
August 2nd, 2009, 04:20 PM
I just adore uncle Jasper,he must be a wonderful kitty:lovestruck:
Little Rose looks like such a sweet little tabby,I sooo wish they could all get along,or at least accept each other,like Chico and Vinnie.
You have a huge house,right? so the cats could just ignore each other,without fighting and go to different places in the house.:cat::pray:

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2009, 06:48 PM
Yes, I have 4500 sq ft so you would think they would find their own place, but Sour Pea wants every space that Puddles has :sad:.

Rose had a good day, she ventured to the top of the strairs, but we have an open concept so I think it was a bit overwhelming for her.

Jasper taught Rose to sharpen claws on the couch :yell: :yell: and just after he did it, she went up the couch and scratched hers too :yell: :frustrated:

Rose and Jasper playing :lovestruck: I hear them downstairs now making an awful lot of ruckus.

Rose looking to the top of the stairs.

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
Rose checked out every inch of the furniture downstairs.

Two peas in a pod these two are.

Rose pondering to make the big jump to the upstairs.

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
Come on up, Rose.

She made it up!!!

BenMax
August 2nd, 2009, 06:54 PM
OMG she is sooo cute! Certainly has changed...ALOT from the last time I saw her.:lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
August 2nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Looks like Rose had herself a mini grand adventure :D

Love those wide windowsills :thumbs up purrfect for kitty perching

rainbow
August 2nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
YAY for Rose venturing upstairs :highfive: ....I knew Uncle Jasper would show her it was safe. :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
August 2nd, 2009, 08:14 PM
Rose, what a brave kitty u are!! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
August 2nd, 2009, 09:29 PM
So much fun to watch her open up and do some exploring! Uncle Jasper is such a good guy, taking her under his paw like that! :lovestruck:

kittiesgirl
August 3rd, 2009, 06:42 AM
She is so cute. :cloud9: Go exploring Rose. :goodvibes:

chico2
August 3rd, 2009, 07:31 AM
L4H,with 4.600sq feet,you have room for lots of kitties:laughing:
Our little bungalow is only 1.300 sq feet and equal size in the basement,no room for anyone to hide.
If we had 4.600 sq f,I would never be able to find hubby or the kitties:laughing:

Love the pics of Rose and Jasper,he is such a wonderful gentleman:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
August 3rd, 2009, 08:15 AM
It's so cute that Jasper is helping her to feel welcome. Maybe with a little time, and her scent around the house, Sour Pea will be Sweet Pea and at least tolerate Rose.

LOL, I had to laugh at Jasper teaching Rose to scratch the sofa. Sorry, but I've got the same thing happening down here. Czari never did that, until she saw the others, so now guess who I've caught digging her claws into the sofa on several occasions.:rolleyes:

Love4himies
August 3rd, 2009, 08:29 AM
OMG she is sooo cute! Certainly has changed...ALOT from the last time I saw her.:lovestruck:

She has packed on a pound or two :o and figures humans are so bad after all. :thumbs up

Love4himies
August 3rd, 2009, 08:29 AM
L4H,with 4.600sq feet,you have room for lots of kitties:laughing:
Our little bungalow is only 1.300 sq feet and equal size in the basement,no room for anyone to hide.
If we had 4.600 sq f,I would never be able to find hubby or the kitties:laughing:

Love the pics of Rose and Jasper,he is such a wonderful gentleman:lovestruck:

You would think but Rose wants every space that Puddles is currently in :yell: :yell: :frustrated:

Whoops, Sweet Pea wants every space, not Rose, think I have too many cats :p or it is old age that has set in :o

cpietra16
August 3rd, 2009, 09:16 AM
4600SF....the heck with cats....I'll be moving in with the fosters next time...:D Rose has it good, lucky girl. She went from a warehouse, to a 460SF house to a 4600SF....its what I call amazing luck..and a great angel. Thanks L4H, your an :angel:. I just wish Angel, Rose's mom,could have been so lucky. Still no sign of her anywhere. :sad:

Love4himies
August 3rd, 2009, 09:41 AM
Ahhh crap. I often wonder if Rose went back for a visit and if Angel was in the area, if the scent of Rose would bring Angel back.

Thanks cpietra, but it was you who did the rescuing to save her life.

This morning was great for Rose. Took about 2 minutes to make it upstairs. She still runs back down if there is too much "activity" going on around her. She met Puddles and is afraid of her hisses :thumbs up, Puddles likes it that way :laughing:.

She is now sound asleep :cloud9:.

growler~GateKeeper
August 3rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
She met Puddles and is afraid of her hisses :thumbs up, Puddles likes it that way :laughing:.

:laughing: Puddles has to have someone she can push around a bit :rolleyes: :laughing:

Love4himies
August 3rd, 2009, 06:11 PM
:laughing: Puddles has to have someone she can push around a bit :rolleyes: :laughing:

Yup, that would be Jasper and now Rose. All she wants is to be left alone. Now Rose just looks at her and asks: "What is your problem?"

Love4himies
August 3rd, 2009, 07:31 PM
So here how today ended:

Sweet Pea hates Rose, Puddles hates Rose, but not as badly as Sweet Pea. Sweet Pea has forgotten about Puddles, because Rose eats more food than Puddles. Rose is confused and wonders why everybody is so grumby, cause life here is pretty sweet. Jasper just wants to hide when the girls start their hissing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bottom line: Rose, Puddles and Jasper will have run of the house except at night when Sweet Pea and possibly Jasper (he gets to decide) do.

Jasper just wants to make sure he has a girl beside him at all times. :cloud9: :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
August 3rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
So here how today ended:

Sweet Pea hates Rose, Puddles hates Rose, but not as badly as Sweet Pea. Sweet Pea has forgotten about Puddles, because Rose eats more food than Puddles. Rose is confused and wonders why everybody is so grumby, cause life here is pretty sweet. Jasper just wants to hide when the girls start their hissing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bottom line: Rose, Puddles and Jasper will have run of the house except at night when Sweet Pea and possibly Jasper (he gets to decide) do.

Jasper just wants to make sure he has a girl beside him at all times. :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Sounds like a win win situation for Jasper.:laughing:

Seriously though, it sounds like a good plan. If Puddles doesn't hate Rose as much, then maybe in time they will get along a little better. Do you see that as a possibility?

Love4himies
August 3rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
Sounds like a win win situation for Jasper.:laughing:

Seriously though, it sounds like a good plan. If Puddles doesn't hate Rose as much, then maybe in time they will get along a little better. Do you see that as a possibility?

Puddles hates all cats, and just barely puts up with :angel: Jasper :cloud9:. Her boy and only kitty love companion was :rip: Snowball :sad:. So as long as Rose ignores Puddles, then it is all good as far as Puddles is concerned :thumbs up.

ancientgirl
August 3rd, 2009, 08:07 PM
Maybe Rose will do that. If Sweet Pea and Puddles both hate each other, maybe Rose just doing her own thing and ignoring Puddles will allow a bit more peace.

chico2
August 4th, 2009, 07:12 AM
L4H,maybe a little white kitty would make puddles happy:cat:but of course nobody could replace Snowball.

Love4himies
August 4th, 2009, 11:12 AM
L4H,maybe a little white kitty would make puddles happy:cat:but of course nobody could replace Snowball.

:laughing: Ummm, that would make 5 cats and 0 hubbies :laughing:

Chris21711
August 4th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Great going L4H...now you have everything figured out, I guess Rose is staying...right?

Herbie and Kale virtually ignore each other and they have been together for 7 years :shrug:

chico2
August 4th, 2009, 03:37 PM
L4H,my hubby will not allow more than the 3 we have,but it's mostly because of the high vet-bills,otherwise we would have 15 cats:laughing:

Love4himies
August 4th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Great going L4H...now you have everything figured out, I guess Rose is staying...right?

Herbie and Kale virtually ignore each other and they have been together for 7 years :shrug:

If Sweet Pea would simply ignore Puddles it would be great, but she seeks her out and then attacks her :sad:

Love4himies
August 5th, 2009, 06:55 AM
The intro to Sweet Pea was so much better than I hoped for :thumbs up. Sweet Pea just treated Rose like a larger than normal kitten foster :laughing: (Rose is so kitten like :cloud9:). There was some hisses (only from Sweet Pea :rolleyes:), of course, but no vicious attacks like she does to Puddles. Rose even jumped over Sweet Pea when she was lying on the floor :eek:. I thought for sure Sweet Pea would attack, but she didn't :highfive:.

adammo
August 5th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Great news :thumbs up.

It's always funny when they jump over the older cats. It's almost like they want to bug them.

Love4himies
August 5th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I think that is what she was doing, because she had a lot of room to go around her. Rose just loves to play :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
August 5th, 2009, 03:43 PM
That's great that Sweet Pea & Rose are getting along :thumbs up Sweet Pea can have a buddy too :D

Frenchy
August 5th, 2009, 04:05 PM
The intro to Sweet Pea was so much better than I hoped for :thumbs up.

wooohoo good girl Sweet Pea ! :thumbs up maybe they will become friends ! :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
August 5th, 2009, 06:36 PM
That's fantastic! At least when you have them all in the same room, you will only have to worry about keeping watch of Sweet Pea and Puddles.