Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Daylilies!

CearaQC
August 1st, 2009, 11:37 AM
Some of the larger daylilies have started to bloom.

Sorry this one is blurry. Digital camera is almost 10 years old and starting to go.:sad:

This one is named "Destined to See"

Common roadside daylily

CearaQC
August 1st, 2009, 11:41 AM
Here's some of my fake Tiger lilies.:laughing:

Double decker action going on with the Monarda.:shrug:

Marigold I started from seed

CearaQC
August 1st, 2009, 11:43 AM
These Malva are amazing. So glad I got seeds in a trade. They are good performers with blooms lasting a long time.

hazelrunpack
August 1st, 2009, 08:35 PM
Beautiful lilies, Ceara :cloud9:

Must be something with the weather and the double-decker monarda...I have one purple bergamot that went double-decker...and I even spotted a wild bergamot (the lavendar type) on the way home the other night that was double-decker. I'd never seen that in other years, though :shrug:

Those malva are spectacular! My musk mallow is still going strong, too.

14+kitties
August 1st, 2009, 08:42 PM
Love the Destined to See daylily. :cloud9: And your Malva are amazing!! I am so sad mine didn't come back this year. :sad:
I love the large variety of lilies you have. They are gorgeous!! :thumbs up

CearaQC
August 2nd, 2009, 07:28 AM
Must be something with the weather and the double-decker monarda

Yes the weather has been weird this year. Mostly rain, clouds and cool. Hardly any sun. Had that clump of red Monarda since 2005 I think and this is the first time it made double deckers.

Love the Destined to See daylily. :cloud9: And your Malva are amazing!! I am so sad mine didn't come back this year. :sad:
I love the large variety of lilies you have. They are gorgeous!! :thumbs up

Been collecting since 2004 but not done yet. :laughing: Just a few more things I'd like to get hopefully in trades and then will just propagate the rest. Need more late season blooms and something to bridge the gap between the Bearded Iris and Lilies. Gardens never seem to be finished.:laughing:

I hope the Malva doesn't die over winter. I will cover them with leaves and hope for the best. But as you can see there will be TONS of seeds to share. And they are soooo easy to grow from seed. That clump never got any fertilizer or manure and are definitely not in the best soil.

We don't have kids so the dogs and plants are our babies. :laughing:

chico2
August 2nd, 2009, 07:43 AM
WOW,Ceara,beautiful Lillies and all the others,my Bee-Balm is also double,I am still stumped as to why this year it is not red:shrug:
Some are bright pink others a burgundy color:shrug:still pretty,but I prefer the red ones.

Tundra_Queen
August 3rd, 2009, 01:35 AM
Your daylilies are gorgeous! Mine still haven't started blooming yet. Too much rain.

Debbie

mollywog
August 6th, 2009, 10:27 AM
absolutely gorgeous, Ceara!!! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
August 7th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Wow I've never seen a Destined to See Lily the colours make it look tropical, very pretty :cloud9: Love the Malva another one I've never seen before, gorgeous :cloud9:

CearaQC
August 7th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Wow I've never seen a Destined to See Lily the colours make it look tropical, very pretty :cloud9: Love the Malva another one I've never seen before, gorgeous :cloud9:

I think it's one of the "hey that's a cool flower in the test bed" when the breeders have been trying for years to create a blue daylily. I don't think they will be able to, but who knows?

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/daylilies/24989

Some more have started to bloom.

I've waited three years to see this one. It was just marked "red" at the nursery but I think is more of a rust color. Bloom size 3 inches.

Strawberry Candy has finally made an appearance. Bloom almost 4.5 inches.

This one is a raspberry colored "Little Business," 4 inch bloom.

Spatx
August 7th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Wow! Gorgeous flowers!

growler~GateKeeper
August 8th, 2009, 01:45 AM
I think it's one of the "hey that's a cool flower in the test bed" when the breeders have been trying for years to create a blue daylily. I don't think they will be able to, but who knows?

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/daylilies/24989

Would be interesting to see in the years since that article how close different people have gotten to creating the elusive blue daylily :D