Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am sooooo happy!!

Tundra_Queen
August 1st, 2009, 12:54 AM
I am so happy and excited I could just bust!! http://www.nt.net/hostagal/smileyjumpsmiley.gif

Darby just started to play with a toy!!! This is the first time ever in 16 days she has even be interested in a toy never mind smacked it around!! http://www.nt.net/hostagal/smileyroll.gif

The thought of her not knowing how to play with toys has really been upsetting me as I was thinking of her being in such a sterile world before she got to me that she didn't even know how to play.

So I don't know if she has learned from watching the other cats or if she knew all along, but she played for the first time in 16 days!! Not for very long,,,but it was definately play! :thumbs up

Debbie

elisabeth_85
August 1st, 2009, 01:01 AM
How exciting!

Have you tried a toy on a string? My friend's cat who was rescued at the age of 9 from a BYB didn't know how to play either, that toy on a string really got her engaged in play!

Good luck!

rainbow
August 1st, 2009, 01:21 AM
WOOO HOOO Darby :highfive: .....we told you it would just take a little time. :thumbs up

But where's the pics? :yell:

Tundra_Queen
August 1st, 2009, 02:55 AM
How exciting!

Have you tried a toy on a string? My friend's cat who was rescued at the age of 9 from a BYB didn't know how to play either, that toy on a string really got her engaged in play!

Good luck!

I did try a string toy, she did take a swing at it once, but that was all.

WOOO HOOO Darby :highfive: .....we told you it would just take a little time. :thumbs up

But where's the pics? :yell:

Yep u told me and she has really been watching the others play with those springs u sent too. So I'm hoping soon she will try those. :D

I didn't even think of the camera...first I thought it was Mirabelle playing...until I looked in the pillow behind me and Mirabelle was there. I was so busy telling Darby what a good girl she was and to get the toy...didn't even think of the camera...I was too excited! :laughing:

Friday morning I thought Darby was playing with a toy...ball in a round plastic thing that the ball doesn't come out off. I was telling Darby what a good cat she was and how clever and she kept looking up at me with this strange expression on her face. Thought the expression was a bit strange......until I realized it was MIRABELLE! :laughing::laughing: And every time I said Darby...she's looking up at me as if to say... Mom are u on drugs? It's me! Mirabelle! Pay ATTENTION! :laughing::laughing:
It cracked me up when I realized it was Mirabelle giving me a strange look! I didn't know cats could do facila epxressions.... :laughing:

Debbie

TacoGrl
August 1st, 2009, 10:30 AM
:highfive::highfive::highfive:

You must really be on :cloud9:!

Pretty soon they will both be running around playing and sharing their toys together all night! :evil:

Tundra_Queen
August 1st, 2009, 04:06 PM
:highfive::highfive::highfive:

You must really be on :cloud9:!

Pretty soon they will both be running around playing and sharing their toys together all night! :evil:

I can hardly wait! :laughing: Today I think Darby was "trying" to play with O'Shaswnnessey, but OS wasn't sure either. She kept smacking at him really fast and hiding under the covers on the other side of the chair where he was hiding. Her tail wasn't moving fast but I'm not sure if she knows cat body language.

Mirabelle and her both share a blanket on our bed at night and mirabelle puts her head on Darby's butt when sleeping, so that is a very good sign. :) I only let the girls come into the bedroom at the moment though as the boys are still too rough, especially willie. But it looks like things are going well. *touch wood*

Debbie

Love4himies
August 1st, 2009, 06:41 PM
WAHOO!!!!! I am so happy. It is a great feeling isn't it. :lovestruck:

hunnybunny
August 1st, 2009, 06:57 PM
Awwww thats Great news , must be lovely to see :goodvibes:

Soooo pleased for you and Darby :)

ancientgirl
August 1st, 2009, 07:05 PM
Go Darby! She's probably feeling more comfortable with her surroundings so she's allowing herself new experiences. :highfive:

14+kitties
August 1st, 2009, 08:31 PM
That is great news! And the fact that the girls are sleeping together, excellent!! :thumbs up:highfive:

Tundra_Queen
August 1st, 2009, 08:48 PM
WAHOO!!!!! I am so happy. It is a great feeling isn't it. :lovestruck:

Thanks. It is wonderful! :D I hope it keeps going this smoothly.

Go Darby! She's probably feeling more comfortable with her surroundings so she's allowing herself new experiences. :highfive:

Yes, I think she is. She is even eating in the kitchen with the others now. I hac to carry her dish upstairs before cause she wouldn't eat when the others were around. I don't feed her close to the others, just in case, but it's all in the same room.:thumbs up

That is great news! And the fact that the girls are sleeping together, excellent!! :thumbs up:highfive:

I always wanted twins...now I have them. Just the 4 legged kind. :laughing:

Thanks hunnybunny, I'm very pleased too. :)

My little grand daughter said to me today...well Nannie when u get your next kitty they will all fit on the new kitty tree. I just said noooo more kitties I think I'm at my limit...son said thank goodness. But then of course I had to say...well unless one really needed me. :laughing::laughing:

He of course said...under his breath.. oh boy :laughing:

This is the new kitty tree we are working on. We both have back diseases so can only do a bit once a week. Please excuse the mess. Not much space to work in the family room.

Debbie

hazelrunpack
August 1st, 2009, 10:33 PM
Aw, way to go, Darby!!! :highfive:

rainbow
August 1st, 2009, 11:45 PM
TQ, that is one awesome kitty tree. :thumbs up

And, YAY for Darby and Mirabelle snoozin' together. :cloud9:

Luvmypitgirls
August 2nd, 2009, 12:12 AM
TQI'm so happy to hear that your kitty Darby took to playing, but what really thrills me, is your excitement about it. You obviously love your kitties to bits and that warms the heart!
Hopefully Darby will play more and more, and will provide you with hours of entertainment that will make your heart smile.:grouphug:

Tundra_Queen
August 2nd, 2009, 09:20 PM
TQ, that is one awesome kitty tree. :thumbs up

And, YAY for Darby and Mirabelle snoozin' together. :cloud9:

Thanks...the tree isn't close to being finished yet. But I worry about son's back so I'm not pushing him. It weighs a ton already and I hope we will be able to push it back to wear the old one is with the broken platform the "kids" destroyed by using it as a dicing platfrom from the top platform. :laughing:

TQI'm so happy to hear that your kitty Darby took to playing, but what really thrills me, is your excitement about it. You obviously love your kitties to bits and that warms the heart!
Hopefully Darby will play more and more, and will provide you with hours of entertainment that will make your heart smile.:grouphug:

Oh yes, I love my furkids to bits! My son is jealous! :laughing:

Debbie

Tundra_Queen
August 3rd, 2009, 08:54 PM
Darby decided to play a bit today when I threw one of the springs that rainbow sent onto the floor. This time I grabbed my camera. :D

Debbie

Love4himies
August 3rd, 2009, 08:57 PM
Awwww, good going Darby. Springs are fun to play with :lovestruck: :thumbs up

rainbow
August 4th, 2009, 03:08 AM
YAY Darby :highfive: ....that made my day. :goodvibes:

Tundra_Queen
August 4th, 2009, 07:08 PM
rainbow I tried to get action shots, but my camera just isn't fast enough...or maybe it is me. :D

I went to Walmart today and picked up some wand toys for her too. So I'm hoping using those will teach her how to play more.

Debbie

kashtin's kin
August 5th, 2009, 01:22 AM
TQ, I HAVE been 'vatching you' (wo, that sounds a tad sinister :eek:, but ya know what I mean, in the BB sense); sorry not to have posted much. I'm truly not that self-absorbed in ye olde feral thread...more that ze farm disaster zone ees sooo enervating.

BUT, look at you, and yer critters :thumbs up! Such great progress with Darby; amazing how little increments can add up, and be so gratifying! I'm muy impressed with, and jealous of (in a good way :D) your cat tree in progress.

Did you fell a stand of timber up there in north country? Them logs/posts are humungous! And don't apologize for the state of your family room; puh-leeze, y'all know KK sets the [LOW] standard in terms of sheer :o squalor these days!

Anyhow, congrats and 'you go, Darby'...nice pics, too!

Tundra_Queen
August 5th, 2009, 07:12 PM
TQ, I HAVE been 'vatching you' (wo, that sounds a tad sinister :eek:, but ya know what I mean, in the BB sense); sorry not to have posted much. I'm truly not that self-absorbed in ye olde feral thread...more that ze farm disaster zone ees sooo enervating.

BUT, look at you, and yer critters :thumbs up! Such great progress with Darby; amazing how little increments can add up, and be so gratifying! I'm muy impressed with, and jealous of (in a good way :D) your cat tree in progress.

Did you fell a stand of timber up there in north country? Them logs/posts are humungous! And don't apologize for the state of your family room; puh-leeze, y'all know KK sets the [LOW] standard in terms of sheer :o squalor these days!

Anyhow, congrats and 'you go, Darby'...nice pics, too!

Thanks KK re: cat tree. And Yeah aon and I just went out to the back 50 and used an old buck saw to cut those suckers down! :laughing: There was a lumberjack festival here last weekend and some of the guys dropped by and planned them square for us too! Lumberjacks and so nice and friendly. I have a soft spot for red suspenders! LMBO

Debbie

kashtin's kin
August 6th, 2009, 01:06 AM
TQ, that's great about the logs, of course, but I'm a titch concerned :eek: that you may have developed a bit of a lumberjack fetish after all those years 'in the bush'. Luckily :lightbulb:, I have created a highly effective and not prohibitively expensive 'Lumberjack DE-Obsession Program' (LDOP). Simply send a cheque for $999.99 to KK/P.O. Box 99/Mt. St. Katya/Lichtenstein...easypeasy, n'est-ce pas?! You'll be glad you did :D!

Tundra_Queen
August 7th, 2009, 07:58 PM
TQ, that's great about the logs, of course, but I'm a titch concerned :eek: that you may have developed a bit of a lumberjack fetish after all those years 'in the bush'. Luckily :lightbulb:, I have created a highly effective and not prohibitively expensive 'Lumberjack DE-Obsession Program' (LDOP). Simply send a cheque for $999.99 to KK/P.O. Box 99/Mt. St. Katya/Lichtenstein...easypeasy, n'est-ce pas?! You'll be glad you did :D!

:laughing::laughing:

But KK I like being lumberjack obsessed!! :lovestruck: Especially when they take their shirts off and show all their rippling muscles and abs and biceps and and and..... *drool* ......you get the idea don't ya? *swoon*

Debbie :D

cpostelwait31
August 12th, 2009, 12:12 PM
You do have a reason to be happy about that, imagine that after a long days of not being active now your cat is lively and playing with his fellow cats. Hope that your cat will stay like that and be more active everyday.

Tundra_Queen
August 12th, 2009, 05:20 PM
You do have a reason to be happy about that, imagine that after a long days of not being active now your cat is lively and playing with his fellow cats. Hope that your cat will stay like that and be more active everyday.

Me too! She doesn't play very much, but she is watching the others play and tries a bit every day. :)

Debbie

chico2
August 12th, 2009, 05:34 PM
That's great TQ:thumbs it's the little things in life that matters the most,like a new kitty loving her home:lovestruck: