Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rescue needs help for cat with broken leg

cpietra16
July 31st, 2009, 11:01 AM
Hi Everyone. I just got this in from Steri Animal. They are trying to raise funds to pay Kira’s vet bill? It’s huge. Feel free to cross post and PM me to get their address or look them upon the net. If you do want to help Kira, put her name on the envelope so that they know where the money need to go to. Thanks

"Kira is currently recovering from surgery for a broken leg. The vet says she will recover 100%. She is approx 5 months old. She’s a playful, outgoing, feisty calico. She was found by a young man I work with. Whenever I went to his place, Kira would come running to greet me. She came into his basement apartment through the window and didn’t leave. Apparently she had been out all night the night before. He was not able to find out who she originally belonged to. She may have been abandoned after someone moved. She broke her leg by falling from a counter onto some bottles. She’s now being cared for by a Steri-Animal volunteer. I’ll be looking for a foster or permanent home for her once she’s fully recovered in approx. 4 weeks. Right now she has to remain in a cage most of the time so she can heal properly and doesn’t reinjure herself by running around. "

(This post was approved by the admins...thanks Marko)

Love4himies
July 31st, 2009, 11:42 AM
Awww, what a gorgeous kitty :cloud9:. I hope she finds a furever home soon. :pray:

14+kitties
July 31st, 2009, 11:50 AM
Aww, what a cutie. I :pray: she heals well.

Winston
August 1st, 2009, 07:24 AM
OMG Cpietra she is a cutie pie! I hope she heals well! :thumbs up

chico2
August 1st, 2009, 07:49 AM
What a beautiful girl,I am sure there will be no trouble finding her a good home:cat:

cpietra16
August 1st, 2009, 09:14 AM
Well once we get her a clean bill of health I'm sure she will be easy to place.

..but right now we are trying to raise some money for her vet bill...

rainbow
August 1st, 2009, 10:40 AM
She is soooo adorable. :cloud9:

Speedy healing sweet one and hope you find your forever home soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

BenMax
August 2nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Quickest and best way to generate funds to cover the vetting is fundraising. Our President (who is about 100 years old) organizes garage sales, theatre nights, book sales and whatever else she thinks of to get donations. It is alot of effort however with volunteers to assist, this organization will bring in more money after only 1 day of 'sacrifice'. It certainly will accomplish the goal a heck of alot faster than donations that trickle in.

Good luck with all your efforts and that of the organization.

The cat is a cutie and will absolutely be adopted.:thumbs up

cpietra16
August 2nd, 2009, 01:26 PM
Quickest and best way to generate funds to cover the vetting is fundraising. Our President (who is about 100 years old) organizes garage sales, theatre nights, book sales and whatever else she thinks of to get donations. It is alot of effort however with volunteers to assist, this organization will bring in more money after only 1 day of 'sacrifice'. It certainly will accomplish the goal a heck of alot faster than donations that trickle in.

Good luck with all your efforts and that of the organization.

The cat is a cutie and will absolutely be adopted.:thumbs up

Actually we do have a few fundraiser going on for Kira. It never hurts to ask for donations to help as well, even if they just trickle in. But Thanks Benmax. I always appreciate your insight. :thumbs up

BenMax
August 2nd, 2009, 06:43 PM
Actually we do have a few fundraiser going on for Kira. It never hurts to ask for donations to help as well, even if they just trickle in. But Thanks Benmax. I always appreciate your insight. :thumbs up

My pleasure. Knowing how difficult it is ask for donations, I say go quick and go fast when the money is required - especially if the vet is banking on 'now' payment.

How about a BBQ at someone's house. We did this and did pretty good - not thousands, but it certainly made a difference. :thumbs up

COCO350
August 3rd, 2009, 10:40 AM
I hope you find the funds for this beautiful kitty!! the BBQ idea is great, I could offer the farm grounds! one of the farm cats broke her leg last thursday and the fees were ridiculous:frustrated: I just dont get it, 130$ for X-rays?? my horse was admitted 2 weeks ago in the hospital, a biospie of the liver with ultrasound costs 76$...an ultrasound is 40$.

Samantha...

BenMax
August 3rd, 2009, 11:56 AM
:offtopic: CoCo350 - that's very interesting. My horse a few years ago required surgery for a bone fragment which separated from the bone. Cost me $110.00 for X-ray, sedation, operation, and meds.
Teeth being floated, yearly de-worming and shots did not even come close to any dog or cat I have ever had.

I cannot even imagine how much a vet charges for a broken limb.