Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog park

babymomma
July 31st, 2009, 10:33 AM
Were going to st.johns today for the weekend.
And we may be going to a dog park for the first time if we have time.. I will keep keely on a long 12 foot (approx.) leash just in case.. Its kinda exciting for some reason:shrug: lol.. Wish us luck that all goes well. :fingerscr

Thanks Pets.ca for the dog park listings!

Love4himies
July 31st, 2009, 10:47 AM
Good luck, just watch those who may chase after tiny keely.

Macomom
July 31st, 2009, 11:13 AM
:laughing: babymomma, have you seen the thread The Yorkie vs The Dogue De Bordeau? It is all about the dog park...

babymomma
July 31st, 2009, 05:30 PM
lol, Yea ive seen that thread... Im going to ask around first before she goes in to see if any of the dogs has an issue with Chasing small dogs like prey.. There are 3-4 to chooose from but I have picked out my favorite without even going there. The description sounds wonderful..

Im in the hotel now , just me and keely. Mom dad and I went to swiss chalet for supper, And keely stayed at the hotel in her kennel. And she didnt make a sound. Even when i opened the door to come in. She is greeting everybody she meets as if it we me mom or dad. Shes being the purrfect dog! :thumbs up

We left our cell numbers at the front desk just in case there as any barking or anything. And I asked when i came in if there was a problem and the lady told me that there was no problem what-so-ever..

Im glad, Because i was debating whether or not to drop her off at a nice kennel at home but i fealt she would be too stressed at a kennel and she may react badley towards the people that work there out of stress.

And I really didnt trust ANY family to take her. :o

Winston
August 1st, 2009, 08:26 AM
Babymomma how did your girl do at the park? Hope you enjoying your holiday! :thumbs up

babymomma
August 1st, 2009, 04:16 PM
Park was a bust :frustrated: It was a great park. But when we arrived there was a boxer and a westie at the park../ As soon as we went to go in the boxer left and left keely and I with the westie and his momma... I let keely off and she greeted the westie..Who's name was trouble but oddly enough he was no trouble at all.. lol.. Keely greeted his owner like she had known her since birth... BUt the wouldnt play... They just sniffed around. I threw a ball and because the other dog was going after it she wouldnt gp too. She just wanted to sniff... Mom and dad came and she wanted to get out and see them. So we left...:shrug:.. THAN on our way out the walking trail 2 big dogs were on there way to the park and both were VERY playful.. But mom wouldntlet us go back.:frustrated: And they greeted each other nicely and keely wanted to play. In the car we passed the park and watched the 2 dogs playing there butts off:sad: It wasnt the greatest day today so thats why there werent many dogs.

So we came back to the hotel and we both got on a tredmill each.. It was her first time and she loved it.. :laughing:

Love4himies
August 1st, 2009, 06:39 PM
I think that was a great intro for keely to dog parks, babymomma. No stresses is a good thing. :D