Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

An update on my life...

TacoGrl
July 30th, 2009, 05:04 PM
...for those who are sitting on the edges of their seats waiting for news! :D

As you know, I have been having probs with neighbours in the building across from me. Well, it turns out even though the Police were backpeddaling (sp?), they were only trying to placate me and were pretty much still useless. :frustrated:

However, the management company over there actually got on the ball after they figured out more people than I have been complaining but the complaints have just been ignored by the resident manager and sent the people involved notices to stop or leave. Well, last weekend one of the people were going at it and got another unit going at it (I mean drag out fighting :sad:)(both are the biggest problem children over there), so I set a camera up on my balcony pointed straight at them! They shouted over a few cuss words, but shut up and went inside...camera did its job! :thumbs up Now, the management company guy contacted me to let me know what he was doing/had done and to ask me about the camera cuz he had complaints (from guess who? :D), so I told him what prompted me and that I had already checked out privacy laws and got the ok from the Police themselves and that it worked, he thought it was funny and is going to keep in touch with me and design a better system for us to complain when things come up...I no longer see anything on the one balcony (moved?), the other one has been cleaned up and both have been quiet since!

I will see what happens this weekend and take the camera down if all is still good, cuz it really is just being used as a deterant, not good enough to see inside the suites :evil:

Now, this fella from the management company is attractive and I saw no ring...I gave him my cell number in case he needed me for anything :angel: and he thanked me and said he was definately going to stay in the loop on this...sooooo... :evil:

Maybe he has a job for me :rolleyes:

14+kitties
July 30th, 2009, 05:08 PM
:flirt: Oooohh, you bad girl!!!! :D

Good for you for standing up for yourself!! The camera is a great idea. I would be afraid of the recriminations though. It would be nice if we could all live in peace, wouldn't it?

TacoGrl
July 30th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Yes, me a baaaaad girl! :evil:

These people have been just nasty over the last year and no one seemed to want to do anything...one gets to a point where they will try anything to remedy the situation...the suite above them seems to have new people in it every couple of months or so...I consider this more of a community service to my fellow neighbours :D

Btw...I forgot, the guys who were throwing the bottles skipped out...that problem solved itself...mgmt found out when they went to give them their notice...at least they didn't trash the place.

Jim Hall
July 30th, 2009, 05:24 PM
is not bad is multitasking that is

Bailey_
July 30th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Holy cow, and I thought OUR neighbors were bad!! (Son is regularly in jail, Dad is often spotted outside vomitting in the backyard...yeah, really classy here.)

Hopefully your trouble neighbors will get evicted!! What a pain!

Frenchy
July 30th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Maybe he has a job for me :rolleyes:

rrrreeeeerrrrrr ! :evil:

keep us posted !! :goodvibes: :p

hazelrunpack
July 30th, 2009, 11:00 PM
I second Frenchy's comments! :laughing:

Good news on the bottle-throwing neighbors, too! :thumbs up Before ya know it, you'll have your whole neighborhood cleaned up! :D

TacoGrl
July 30th, 2009, 11:20 PM
LoL!

Unfortunately, anything I want to happen :angel: can't happen until I am done with him in this matter :sad: I know that sounds callous, but I have a habit of making men feel so inferior that they leave town and don't tell me where they are going! :frustrated: :D

It looks as if I will be talking to him next week...the people I was talking about have started up again...it's raining out...why are these people outside?!? I went out and wiped off my camera and they shouted something at me and went inside...for how long though :shrug:

I just don't get it...this guy hit this woman with a beer bottle to the head tonight, the others laughed...they were all screaming at each other and all that the woman does is changes chairs :rolleyes: This guy who hit her with the beer bottle then shouts at her to stop being such a ****in' baby!

I have been in abusive situations before myself, so I feel for her, but I pulled myself out...she has lived with them for at least a year and none of them seem to work...she needs to get out of there.

Grrrr....:frustrated:

TacoGrl
August 5th, 2009, 10:33 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/14.gif

They are moving out!

The management guy just e-mailed me to tell me the two groups of people have been given their notices and are moving out!

Now onto some...http://bestsmileys.com/misbehaving/10.gif

Dee-O-Gee
August 5th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Thank Dawg --- a big sigh of relief--congratulations TG! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
August 5th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Great news, TacoGrl!

Now for some decent people to move in! :goodvibes:

So when you gonna call the management guy for a date? :D

TacoGrl
August 5th, 2009, 10:51 PM
It's great! I just looked out my window and saw them packing...they have their stereo blaring and the dog is on the balcony barking (one group of them), but it's music to my ears! :highfive:

LoL Hazel! I have laid my trap and I see the prey in sight...he is moving closer...closer... :whistle:

Dee-O-Gee
August 5th, 2009, 10:56 PM
It's great! I just looked out my window and saw them packing...they have their stereo blaring and the dog is on the balcony barking (one group of them), but it's music to my ears! :highfive:

Nothing like the sounds of a Marching band! :D:D

Yeah and I have to agree with hazel....when's that call taking place! :thumbs up

Bailey_
August 5th, 2009, 11:22 PM
LoL Hazel! I have laid my trap and I see the prey in sight...he is moving closer...closer... :whistle:

:laughing:

Sounds intriguing! Have you seen this guy yet? :goodvibes:

Frenchy
August 5th, 2009, 11:23 PM

http://bestsmileys.com/fishing/1.gif

good luck ! and congrats on loosers moving out :thumbs up

TacoGrl
August 6th, 2009, 12:13 AM
:laughing:

Sounds intriguing! Have you seen this guy yet? :goodvibes:

Yes, he was in my condo and on my balcony to see the broken bottles etc. and so I could point out the two suites filled with nasties :yuck:

He is an average guy...good sense of humour...taller than me...seems to be quite genuine...no ring on his finger (I know that doesn't seem to mean much now days, but it is a start :shrug:).

Frenchy...I love the http://bestsmileys.com/fishing/1.gif LoL!

ancientgirl
August 12th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Good for you! We all believe our homes are our sanctuary. It stinks having to go home and dealing with turds like that!

I don't want to rain on your parade though, but since I'm a worry wart, just make sure these people don't try to do anything to get back at you. I'm sure they weren't too pleased at being asked to move. But, maybe next place they move to they will learn to be a little more respectful towards those living around them.

TacoGrl
August 12th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Good for you! We all believe our homes are our sanctuary. It stinks having to go home and dealing with turds like that!

I don't want to rain on your parade though, but since I'm a worry wart, just make sure these people don't try to do anything to get back at you. I'm sure they weren't too pleased at being asked to move. But, maybe next place they move to they will learn to be a little more respectful towards those living around them.

I am glad they are in ther other building and don't have access to this one...they now shout obscenetries (sp?) at me when I go on my balcony and of course, they still play their stereo too loud, but whatever, TWO MORE WEEKS AND BYE BYE!!!! :highfive:

I have actually seen the police up there a few times so maybe the stink I caused will have some positive affect on things. :fingerscr