Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tons of new things, wild stuff, fungus too!

CearaQC
July 30th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Hope you all don't mind. Found some funky stuff out in the fields and in the woods. And many lilies blooming now.

Pretty wild yellow flower, with interesting foliage! No idea what it could be. Growing wild out in the field.

CearaQC
July 30th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Some funky fungus!

CearaQC
July 30th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Lots of lilies!

CearaQC
July 30th, 2009, 01:38 PM
More lilies

CearaQC
July 30th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Some more lilies

CearaQC
July 30th, 2009, 01:42 PM
More and more and more

:laughing:

BenMax
July 30th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Looks like someone has a green thumb! I can't even keep cactus alive!

bendyfoot
July 30th, 2009, 02:14 PM
wow, your lillies are gorg!!! we've got a few asiatics and just love them, I think we'll be getting more.

Oh, and nice pics of the indian pipe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotropa_uniflora)!!! I don't know much about fungi, but that's a cool one....it doesn't get any energy from the sun...it can't no chlorophyll (so not green)...so it's a parasite, it lives off fungi in the ground, which live off trees....very cool plant!

CearaQC
July 30th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Ah ok cool! Thanks for the ID. I have two giant mushroom/fungus ID books but did not look it up yet.

Yes they are very neat. Many patches of those around with all the rain we've been getting.

CearaQC
July 30th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Looks like someone has a green thumb! I can't even keep cactus alive!

Lilies take care of themselves. All I do is plunk the bulbs in the ground and that's it!

Well the occasional weeding of the bind weed and dandelions but no other special care.

Dee-O-Gee
July 30th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Wow that fungi is pretty kewl--almost looks like their sleeping. :shrug:

The lilies are absolutely stunning--I love lilies! :lovestruck: Crossing my arms, stomping my feet, impatiently waiting for my stargazers to pop! :frustrated:

Tundra_Queen
July 30th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I love your lilies....they are gorgeous!!!

14+kitties
July 30th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Oh my! Lots of lilies!! Do you get people stopping and looking at your gardens? I bet they slow down to gawk a lot!!! :thumbs up Beautiful!!!

The yellow flower is in the Potentilla family. We have tons of it here. Wouldn't mind if a little took up residence in one of the gardens. I kind of like it. Love the leaf shape. I have a darker yellow one just like them but they flower earlier in the year.

CearaQC
July 30th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Oh my! Lots of lilies!! Do you get people stopping and looking at your gardens? I bet they slow down to gawk a lot!!! :thumbs up Beautiful!!!

The yellow flower is in the Potentilla family. We have tons of it here. Wouldn't mind if a little took up residence in one of the gardens. I kind of like it. Love the leaf shape. I have a darker yellow one just like them but they flower earlier in the year.

No one stops in cars to look but we get a lot of smiles from walkers from time to time if they see us out there with the dogs or something.

Thanks for the plant family ID! I was wondering what the heck that was. It never popped up any other year, just this year. And the leaves are interesting and kind of look like ummmm... something illegal. :laughing:

I found this link

http://www.missouriplants.com/Yellowalt/Potentilla_recta_page.html

Thanks again 14+!

14+kitties
July 30th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Mmmm, maybe that explains why on good days I smell stuff? :rolleyes: :D
Orrrrrrr....... it's our tenant with his "medicinal" supply. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 30th, 2009, 10:42 PM
A feast of lilies for the eyes! :flirt: Beautiful, CearaQC!