Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Possession Day!

Luvmypitgirls
July 30th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Well today is the day, we get possession of the new house. I suppose that also makes it crunch time..I'll really have to kick my butt into gear now!
Yesterday I packed two boxes, one with all my haircare products and one with all my skin creams and make up, not a very productive day...so says my hubby. If he only knew how much energy that took!
I'm going to the doctor tomorrow, I am now more convinced then ever that I am entering the dreaded "Change". I woke up during the middle of the night and I could've swore I was on fire!
Of course it has to hit like a freight train when I have so much to do :laughing:

Hopefully when I have the keys in my hand, I'll be more excited or at the very least slightly enthused :laughing:

BenMax
July 30th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Do you get night sweats - enough sweating that you have to change your shirt? If so, then this could be pre-menopausal....it's HORRIBLE!:evil:

Personally, I think you are stressed out. Best to see your gyno to find out if in fact you are entering ...the change of life! (when you say change of life..add the echo sound - sounds so much more dramatic.:laughing:)

BenMax
July 30th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Sorry - I see I was totally off topic! :laughing:

I don't think that hubby understands how stressful it is to pack our make up and other personal items. During moves it is so hard to sort out all our possessions even if he did not apply that color eye liner for X amount of years. After all, maybe one day the color 'sparkle disco blue' may come back.:laughing:

ancientgirl
July 30th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I hate moving. I totally understand how you are feeling. Every time I've moved I have days when I pack and pack, and others where I just can't even look at a box. Of course, if you are going through the "change" I'm sure it's no making it any easier. :grouphug:

14+kitties
July 30th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Lots of luck on the move!! I have done so much I have sworn off ever doing it again. :rolleyes: Except when we win the big one and move into our mansion of course.:D
It's a good idea to see your doc. There may be something else going on that is important.
And you know we want to see pics!!!! (Of the house, not the doctor stuff:D)

Jim Hall
July 30th, 2009, 04:25 PM
ah haa haa ha single guy hear packed and moved in 20 hrs hah hah

Luvmypitgirls
July 30th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Do you get night sweats - enough sweating that you have to change your shirt? If so, then this could be pre-menopausal....it's HORRIBLE!:evil:

Personally, I think you are stressed out. Best to see your gyno to find out if in fact you are entering ...the change of life! (when you say change of life..add the echo sound - sounds so much more dramatic.:laughing:)

I'll remember the echo sound LMAO. Yeah the night sweats are bad, last night I had to change my nightshirt twice:o

Sorry - I see I was totally off topic! :laughing:

I don't think that hubby understands how stressful it is to pack our make up and other personal items. During moves it is so hard to sort out all our possessions even if he did not apply that color eye liner for X amount of years. After all, maybe one day the color 'sparkle disco blue' may come back.:laughing:
Ah yes the sparkle blue eyeshadow...I still have mine :o:laughing:

I hate moving. I totally understand how you are feeling. Every time I've moved I have days when I pack and pack, and others where I just can't even look at a box. Of course, if you are going through the "change" I'm sure it's no making it any easier. :grouphug:

I would like to say this will be the last time I move, but I know it won't be. If I am infact going thru the Change (echo echo), it really sucks:frustrated:

Lots of luck on the move!! I have done so much I have sworn off ever doing it again. :rolleyes: Except when we win the big one and move into our mansion of course.:D
It's a good idea to see your doc. There may be something else going on that is important.
And you know we want to see pics!!!! (Of the house, not the doctor stuff:D)

LMAO, awe c'mon ya don't wanna see pics of the Doc stuff!?:laughing: Usually I tell him "If ya touch me there ya gotta buy me things!"...it's an icebreaker:laughing:

So we got the keys to the new house, I must say I was a tad disappointed, they didn't do a very good job cleaning:frustrated: The counters were dirty, the cupboards hadn't been wiped out, one of the toilets was left with pee in it so there's a ring around the bowl :frustrated: (it was a dude, or at least I hope it was cuz there wasn't any toilet paper).
The floors need to be washed and the front screen door was left off track and the screen pushed out :frustrated:.
The master bdrm and ensuite were fairly clean tho and the two other bathrooms were acceptable.
I won't complain too much, afterall they left a very nice bottle of white wine with two beautiful wine glasses in the fridge for us with a cute card wishing us many happy years in our new home. That was thoughtful of them, just wished they would've at least scrubbed the kitchen counters.
Took a drive around the neighborhood, found out there is an off leash park just three blocks away (I won't go there of course), a gas station and store, a book store and a couple other cute boutiques just two blocks away. There is also a waterpark just up the road.
I'm taking some stuff down to the house tonight, and I'm going to fix the front screen door (its a phantom door, I think it's going to be a pain in the butt).
After seeing the house again, I'm more enthused about moving, I just wish it was all over and done with, oh well by Wednesday of next week we should be all moved in.
I'll be disconnecting my computer on Sunday, then I'll probably be gone a couple weeks after that.
(sigh) I'll miss ya's:sad:

hazelrunpack
July 30th, 2009, 09:29 PM
How exciting! (Give or take a little dirt... :D)

You'll get caught up in it once you have the cleaning done and start arranging things. :thumbs up Course...if you're like hazel, 5 years from now, you'll still have unpacked boxes from the move. :o

Luvmypitgirls
August 1st, 2009, 08:57 PM
How exciting! (Give or take a little dirt... :D)

You'll get caught up in it once you have the cleaning done and start arranging things. :thumbs up Course...if you're like hazel, 5 years from now, you'll still have unpacked boxes from the move. :o

Oh I am like Hazel!:D We've been in this house well over a decade and I have boxes in my crawlspace that I never unpacked! I went thru a few of them and just sent most of it to the dump, we would've donated a bunch of it but we ummm, had a mice problem at one point, and I didn't want to deal with cleaning the stuff so to the dump it went.

Been taking loads of stuff down in our vehicles, to make room for more boxes here, two days till the truck comes and omg I have so much yet to pack!
I had no idea I had this much *****!

Was going to go down to the new house this evening to do some cleaning and unpacking but we just got hit with a major storm, I just about got hit by 4 sheets of plywood when I was coming home from the store...just blew directly over the hood of my Sorento, scared the bejeezus outta me!
So staying here to pack up some more, maybe we can put a big dent in it this evening, with any luck.:)

14+kitties
August 1st, 2009, 09:05 PM
Good luck on the move. I am sure once you get into it you will enjoy it. I love unpacking in a new home. Finding places to put things. Purging. All that good stuff. That's why I'm not doing it any more!!
And ummm, the doc pics....... I tell my doc the same thing basically. He has a wonderful sense of humour. You should hear what he tells me back!! :laughing:
We expect tons of pictures of the new house and yard and pups enjoying it all!! And we will miss you when you aren't here so hurry back!!

mollywog
August 1st, 2009, 09:46 PM
oh wow it feels like ages ago already, even though we just moved a month ago... all your hard work will pay off, and you will be all settled in before you know it. Even though I hated the packing, I really enjoyed the unpacking- finding spots for everything, making plans for the next big projects etc.
God luck! Post some pics once you get a chance! :thumbs up

Luvmypitgirls
August 1st, 2009, 11:20 PM
Good luck on the move. I am sure once you get into it you will enjoy it. I love unpacking in a new home. Finding places to put things. Purging. All that good stuff. That's why I'm not doing it any more!!
And ummm, the doc pics....... I tell my doc the same thing basically. He has a wonderful sense of humour. You should hear what he tells me back!! :laughing:
We expect tons of pictures of the new house and yard and pups enjoying it all!! And we will miss you when you aren't here so hurry back!!

Awe thanks 14+, I'm gonna miss ya'll too, this is my favorite place to be, when time allows. I will post pics as soon as I get the chance!

oh wow it feels like ages ago already, even though we just moved a month ago... all your hard work will pay off, and you will be all settled in before you know it. Even though I hated the packing, I really enjoyed the unpacking- finding spots for everything, making plans for the next big projects etc.
God luck! Post some pics once you get a chance! :thumbs up

Glad to hear you are all settled in mollywog, are the "different noises" still waking you up or have you gotten used to it now? I was thinking about that yesterday at the new house, if the noises will keep me awake. I was told by our new neighbor that at night it's pretty quiet, except for the coyotes out in the fields. I can't wait to hear that!
I'm sure the unpacking will be far more enjoyable than the packing has been.
I'm not thinking of other big projects for awhile, once we are done getting settled and get this house cleaned up, my intention is to spend a lot of time at the park having picnics with my son, walking my dogs out in the country and riding my bike...oh and baking, lots of baking, I can't wait to use my new stove! :laughing: man oh man I need to get a life:o

lUvMyLaB<3
August 2nd, 2009, 06:44 PM
GOOD LUCK!!! DO NOT be like me!!!! lol!! I am moving NOW, We got possesion LAST friday.. and I am still HERE....my hubby also thinks I am no so productive......... I have almost everything packed, lucky for me we are not going far, 18 blocks to be exact.. 3 long blocks and 15 of the short ones.. So I have been driving everything over once it is packed, washing it and putting it away there. Been buying lots and setting it up, my sons room is done, he is 4 and so now is getting a big boy room and a big boy bed, he had a little toddler bed that the rail on the side broke off cuz it was getting so squishy for him and the dog, my lab would lean on it at night an she popped it off.... I NEED to pay people to come and carry the furniture out and set it up, maybe tuesday I will find such people.......... But at least doing it this way I wont have too much unpacking to do, just set up the furniture, make the beds, unpack the kitchen boxes and the last minute packed stuff, and poof DONE!

Moving sucks so I hear ya.. Hubbys just do not get it.... Perhaps we should go on strike and let them do it????????????

So good luck, and hopefully when the stress calms down a bit you will be feeling better, I hope so! Good luck on your move, and let me know what day you want to go on strike with me! lol!

Luvmypitgirls
August 4th, 2009, 01:05 PM
GOOD LUCK!!! DO NOT be like me!!!! lol!! I am moving NOW, We got possesion LAST friday.. and I am still HERE....my hubby also thinks I am no so productive......... I have almost everything packed, lucky for me we are not going far, 18 blocks to be exact.. 3 long blocks and 15 of the short ones.. So I have been driving everything over once it is packed, washing it and putting it away there. Been buying lots and setting it up, my sons room is done, he is 4 and so now is getting a big boy room and a big boy bed, he had a little toddler bed that the rail on the side broke off cuz it was getting so squishy for him and the dog, my lab would lean on it at night an she popped it off.... I NEED to pay people to come and carry the furniture out and set it up, maybe tuesday I will find such people.......... But at least doing it this way I wont have too much unpacking to do, just set up the furniture, make the beds, unpack the kitchen boxes and the last minute packed stuff, and poof DONE!

Moving sucks so I hear ya.. Hubbys just do not get it.... Perhaps we should go on strike and let them do it????????????

So good luck, and hopefully when the stress calms down a bit you will be feeling better, I hope so! Good luck on your move, and let me know what day you want to go on strike with me! lol!

LuvMyLab, :laughing: let's go on strike right now this very minute! (Cuz we are loading the big truck right now, I'm tired, it's raining, it's cold and I'm absolutely miserable!:laughing:)
You are so right, hubby's just don't get it...neither do sons, (future hubby's of the world).
Thanks for the well wishes, and I hope you find ppl to help you with your furniture. I'd help but there's a lot of distance to travel first :laughing:
Take care, enjoy your new home!:D

Well bye for awhile, this will be my last post for at least a week or two.
Hope everyone stays well, :grouphug: 's to you all and your fuzzy butts (meaning pets, I am in no way accusing anyone of having a hairy a$$)
Bye ya'll, :)

Frenchy
August 4th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I hate moving.

I love it ! To me it's like a new beginning , almost like getting a new life ... this is the second house I own and I'm selling and buying again the latest , December :crazy: I'm already looking at houses for sales and drooling :laughing:

I won't complain too much, afterall they left a very nice bottle of white wine with two beautiful wine glasses in the fridge for us with a cute card wishing us many happy years in our new home.

Really ? wow , that's a nice touch ! The house I'm at right now was a sucession (sp?) and the only thing waiting for me here were dead mice :yuck:

so ..... where's the pics of this new house ??? come on come on !!!!!