Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Urine Odor....

Mr. Mojo
July 30th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Hi! Not sure if this has been covered already, but what can I use to get rid of cat urine odor:eeew:? Had a female that started peeing where she should'ent when I brought another female in the house. I've tried a product called Natures Miracle & it helped, but there's still some odor there. Any other ideas?
Thanks!:)

rainbow
July 30th, 2009, 02:32 AM
I haven't had this problem but I've heard that hydrogen peroxide works. :shrug:

rainbow
July 30th, 2009, 02:36 AM
I just googled and found this ....

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/urinestainremoval.htm

rainbow
July 30th, 2009, 03:14 AM
I forgot to post the other website I found :o .....

http://cats.about.com/od/cleaningmesses/tp/odorout.htm

Mr. Mojo
July 30th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Thank you so much rainbow!:thumbs up
I'll try the peroxide recipe,& maybe give some of the other products a go!
I'll update when I try!
Cheers! :)

SolaMio
July 30th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Hi Mr. Mojo!

I have had this problem too :yuck:

My calico Layla has a nasty habit of peeing in the same spot in the dining room. We've tried everything to deter her, now the only thing we can do is keep the door shut if we're not around!

But, in case of a mishap, I've found this works (on flooring): baking soda to absorb the liquid, clean up as best as possible with ultra strong listerine (the kind that burns your mouth!), and rinse. I usually follow up one more time with an all-purpose cleaner. Method brand grapefruit scent seems to knock out any remaining odor.

D :)

theBrit
July 30th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I know im in england, but i swear by a product called Simple solution and have used it for years, its an american product to hopefully you shouldnt have a problem getting it.
Its also gets blood grass etc stains out, even from white cotton:) tell you its a miricle product

growler~GateKeeper
July 31st, 2009, 02:59 AM
Homemade Enzymatic Cleaner: 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 cup water, 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol mix together in a spray bottle, soak up as much urine as possible with paper towel, spray mix on affected area soak up with clean paper towel, repeat spraying mix on affected area & leave area to dry.

This formula does not contain ammonia which is very similiar smelling to the base properties in cat urine, using any cleanier with ammonia just encourages the cat to keep going in the same area as they try to cover the smell with their own.