Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Lilies are starting to bloom now

Tundra_Queen
July 30th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Hi

Now that we've had a day of sun my lilies are starting to open more...thank goodness I thought the storms we had would ruin them.

Debbie

Tundra_Queen
July 30th, 2009, 12:48 AM
I tried some tags in the last pic but it didn't work, or what I thought would happen didn't. :laughing: I was trying to get the description under or over the pic.

This big hosta is called Sum and Substance. It the full sun it turns yellow and it gets huge!

I love the Lollipop lilies as my son bought them for me for Mother's Day one year when he was about 13.

Debbie

hazelrunpack
July 30th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Your lilies are beautiful! :lovestruck: The only kind I have are day lilies--most of the wild type, but a few of the double. I almost bought some of the asiatics this spring, but a friend told me that the deer like them...and we have so many deer. :frustrated:

14+kitties
July 30th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Beautiful! So many, so thick! :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
July 31st, 2009, 11:54 PM
Your lilies are beautiful! :lovestruck: The only kind I have are day lilies--most of the wild type, but a few of the double. I almost bought some of the asiatics this spring, but a friend told me that the deer like them...and we have so many deer. :frustrated:

I know of hosta people that hang a bar of Irish Spring over the hostas, well on a plant stake to keep the deer away. It's suppose to work. We don't have deer here though, just moose and luckily they don't come into town much,,thank goodness. :laughing:

Beautiful! So many, so thick! :thumbs up

Thanks. :)

rainbow
August 1st, 2009, 02:52 AM
I love lilies and yours are beautiful. :lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
August 3rd, 2009, 02:24 AM
thanks rainbow! :)

hazelrunpack
August 3rd, 2009, 10:00 PM
I know of hosta people that hang a bar of Irish Spring over the hostas, well on a plant stake to keep the deer away. It's suppose to work.
I have a friend who cuts up Irish Spring bars and drills a hole through each piece to pass a string through. Then she hangs the pieces up on mini-shepherd hooks in her gardens, protected by inverted margarine cups to keep the rain from dissolving them too fast. They look pretty funky, but once the garden grows up enough you can't really see them, and the deer really do seem to dislike the smell of Irish Spring as much as hazel does :laughing:

Another thing she's had good luck with is Milorganite. :shrug: You have to put more down, though, every time it rains.

Dee-O-Gee
August 3rd, 2009, 10:04 PM
Your lollipops are georgous! :lovestruck:

Mine already bloomed about 3 weeks ago and have already snipped off the ends. Just waiting for my stargazers to pop! :frustrated:

Tundra_Queen
August 8th, 2009, 12:07 AM
I have a friend who cuts up Irish Spring bars and drills a hole through each piece to pass a string through. Then she hangs the pieces up on mini-shepherd hooks in her gardens, protected by inverted margarine cups to keep the rain from dissolving them too fast. They look pretty funky, but once the garden grows up enough you can't really see them, and the deer really do seem to dislike the smell of Irish Spring as much as hazel does :laughing:

Another thing she's had good luck with is Milorganite. :shrug: You have to put more down, though, every time it rains.

If your hands ever get dirty while your out in the yard you know you'll have lots of soap around to clean up. *L*

Your lollipops are georgous! :lovestruck:

Mine already bloomed about 3 weeks ago and have already snipped off the ends. Just waiting for my stargazers to pop! :frustrated:

I tried stargazers up here but it is just too cold. I even grew them up against the foundation of the house and they still didn't winter over.

Debbie