Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another Westie into rescue...what is going on!!!

Corrie
July 29th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Hi All...this seems to be a very busy week for Westies in Need!!

I posted a thread about our little blind Westie, Clara who arrived from Kentucky on Sunday...and now here is our new boy.

He is only 3 years old...take a look at his skin!

How in the name of Dog can someone let their Westie get this bad...:sad:

We are picking him up on Saturday...I just wish I could let him know to hold on for just a few more days...we're coming for you!!! :pray:

ScottieDog
July 29th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Poor little itchy boy. He does look a state, but with loving care, medical treatment and time he will be a handsome fellow.

One thing that concerns me is the number of people who want "that cute little white dog on the Cesar commercial". Westies have that adorable little round face and look so cuddly, but they are pure terriers. And very few have the perfect show coat seen in that TV ad and even fewer owners willing to put the time and effort into the coat.

Saturday is just a few days away. He will feel like he has a new life! Good luck.

Frenchy
July 29th, 2009, 07:10 PM
How in the name of Dog can someone let their Westie get this bad...:sad:

You mean the fur ? I thought it was brown fur in his front :sad: allergies ? demodex ? :sad: I hope not ... he's very cute , I'm sure he will get adopted in no time :fingerscr

rainbow
July 29th, 2009, 07:37 PM
OMG :eek: the poor little guy ......what a shame. :sad: Thank you so much for rescuing him. :angel: :grouphug:

rainbow
July 29th, 2009, 07:40 PM
One thing that concerns me is the number of people who want "that cute little white dog on the Cesar commercial". Westies have that adorable little round face and look so cuddly, but they are pure terriers. And very few have the perfect show coat seen in that TV ad and even fewer owners willing to put the time and effort into the coat.

I agree and that's exactly why more and more are showing up in shelters and rescues now. :sad:

Every time there is a movie or cute commercial about a particular breed everybody gets on the band wagon and wants one. :frustrated: :wall:

kashtin's kin
July 29th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Bless your rescuing heart :angel: ; only two more days, and he'll be in good hands...just the blink of an eye, really, so hang in there. Just think how much better he'll be in no time.

luckypenny
July 29th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Poor puppy :sad:. But not for long...he'll be in good care in a very short while :grouphug:.

Tundra_Queen
July 30th, 2009, 01:07 AM
That is terrible!! What caused it? I'm so glad u are going to get him and take good care of him! that looks so painful!

Debbie

Corrie
July 30th, 2009, 03:47 PM
What this sweet little Westie has is a form of candida which has lead to Malesszia.

He needs a holistic vet ASAP .... he needs a diet change, he needs to be treated from the inside out for the candida (yeast), as well as medicated baths. This is NOT infectious to other pets or to humans…it is simply neglect on an owner’s part.

The lady who owns him does not seem like a “bad” person, she is a single Mom, overwhelmed she says and is not into caring for him.

This has clearly been a LONG time coming..he did not get this bad in the last month! I wish folks would surrender these poor pups sooner and not later if they can not properly care for them.

Frenchy…no…that is not his fur…but the lack of it. That is his poor skin that has become so irritated that it turns almost black and VERY smelly from the yeast.

We are having problems finding him a foster home right now..but we will keep on trying!:pray:

Shaykeija
July 30th, 2009, 04:18 PM
OMG will ask husband if we can help. I burst into tears when I saw his sore little body. It will take months to get him looking better. Poor baby looks so sore. If he says no to fostering, I will try to get some $ to you. PM me.

Vanja
Shaykers Haven Rescue

Corrie
July 31st, 2009, 12:28 PM
Shaykeija, how very, very sweet of you! :lovestruck:

Good news is we have found a foster home. The foster Mom took in another little one a while ago with a similar condition (by the way he is now 100% recovered and you should see his lovely coat now!) and now she is going to foster this sweet thing for us and work on his problems as well.

Westies in Need will pay 100% of his vet and medical expenses for as long as it takes to get him on the road to recovery....it may be a long haul, but we don't care!

These dogs deserve so much!:grouphug:

Corrie
August 1st, 2009, 06:01 PM
He's here...he's here!!! We have him in our hot little Westie lovin' hands!

Oh boy...he sure looks bad...but we will take some pictures and post them for everyone as he starts to improve.

I am so glad he is here!!!! Can't stop smiling! YEA!!! :thumbs up

14+kitties
August 1st, 2009, 09:55 PM
Congrats on getting him so quickly. Now he can work on getting better. :thumbs up That looks so sore poor sweetie. :sad:

rainbow
August 1st, 2009, 11:12 PM
Glad he arrived safe and sound. :thumbs up

I'm sure with your care he will soon be a healthy happy puppy. :goodvibes:

ScottieDog
August 2nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
So glad you have him in a safe place! Please do post his progress.

I will say that I really approve of his name. :thumbs up