Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nino Update!

pattymac
July 29th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Well it seems that Mr. Nino is finally starting to get the hang of living with other kitties and a rather large dog. There was one tense day with my Mom who got a little freaky because she tried to pet Bobee after him and Nino had a bit of an arguement. Anyway...since then he's been doing quite nicely. Still some hissing and growling but Bobee can walk beside him now when he's laying in the hallway. Coco is still pretty wary of him and he's also pretty wary of Coco, but they're both about the same size, so that may have something to do with it.

He's amazingly good with Bayley, mind you if she decides that she just has to stop to sniff his butt, she gets a good smack or two on the nose. If she just walks past him, he barely bothers to lift his head if he's relaxing. He is also starting to play a bit and was actually running around a bit tonight...pretty funny to watch him play, he's got a different style for sure. He played with the laser light the other day. I'll have to try to get him on video! He also is starting to be a lap cat, boy I won't need a blanket in the winter!! He still doesn't get totally relaxed yet, stays for a bit then leaves, comes back a little while later. I wonder if he didn't really get much loving from his first mom. He's terrified though of crinkling things, like aluminum foil, don't know what they did to him with it, but we'll have to work on that.

He still won't try canned food, but he did eat a little tiny piece of breakfast sausage and at supper a little piece of steak...hmm, I think they may have fed him people food. I may try him on a bit of raw, see if he likes that. His personality seems to be coming out more, he definetely knows his name and nowI can get him to move out of the way without getting hissed at.

Welll that's it for now. I promise to get some video of him playing and get it up here soon!!

Jim Hall
July 29th, 2009, 08:36 AM
mm breakfast sausauge sounds like hes doing good any pictures?

ancientgirl
July 29th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I'm glad he's getting more comfortable. Careful with the breakfast sausage. Those things sometimes have onion in them.