Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

More Stupid People UGH

Shaykeija
July 28th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Tonight at work, I had some people ask me for batteries. So I asked them what they were using them for. (when will I learn to keep my mouth shut?) They were buying then for their 1 year old labs birthday present. A shock collar....:wall::frustrated:
They said they wanted a well trained dog. So stupid. I asked them if they had a fenced in back yard and spent time to train her. Too busy..Damn. Gave them a name of a wonderful trainer and wrote down different web sites. Even told them to go to petsmart to get some training. So me being the most sarcastic I can get, asked them if they had kids. Big smiles and proud yes we have 2. I asked them if they were going to get tasers for them at Christmas? I gave them my business card and told them when they got bored enough with their dog to call me and I would fine it a home it deserved. Then I over charged them for the batteries and told them no warranty. And I smiled the whole time. I hate people like that. I seriously need a holiday, haven't taken one in 8 years.

14+kitties
July 28th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Then I over charged them for the batteries and told them no warranty. And I smiled the whole time.

Love it!! :thumbs up
People are just getting stupider and stupider. Everyone is too busy to train their dogs right and then complain and look for shortcuts to have a well trained dog. :wall: :yell:

TacoGrl
July 28th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Some people are ***holes.

Hmmm...this is the second thread tonight that answer was fit for...

edwina
July 28th, 2009, 11:50 PM
I just love sarcasm with idiots :thumbs up

Love4himies
July 29th, 2009, 08:12 AM
:laughing::laughing: Good for you!

People want a quick fix for everything. Poor dog. :sad:

quincymycat
July 29th, 2009, 08:25 AM
As much as I hate to even admit this, and boy I hate it....I raised my daughters correctly about respect and care for all animals and a couple of weeks ago my daughter told me she had started using one of those shock torture devices on her dog. The dog is small, and so it is a bit on the yippy side, but I contend any animal can be trained with a bit of patience. She told me not to worry because it was on the "low" end of the shock spectrum. I told her to put it against her neck and make a bark noise to see how it felt. She does not use it anymore! She lives on the west coast and both her and hubby work so no time for training...my opinion - that means no time for a dog either.
Boy I was mad!:yell:

CearaQC
July 29th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Totally handled that wrong! :laughing:

After asking the purpose of the batteries, you should have asked if they had already purchased the collar. Then ask them to take it in to you so you could put the batteries in.

Then ask who would volunteer to test the collar to make sure the batteries worked properly.:evil:

Humans willing to put shock collars on their dogs should first put it through a test run on themselves to see just how it feels before putting it on the dog.

And poor dog! Out in the yard, barking for its family.... for love and attention and they want to punish its only means of communication. What a way to break the dog's spirit.

You cannot reason with people using logic. You have to use emotional triggers and psychology. It's used every day in advertising and it works.

:2cents:

Love4himies
July 29th, 2009, 08:57 AM

After asking the purpose of the batteries, you should have asked if they had already purchased the collar. Then ask them to take it in to you so you could put the batteries in.

Then ask who would volunteer to test the collar to make sure the batteries worked properly.:evil:

:laughing::laughing: Good idea.

BenMax
July 29th, 2009, 09:19 AM

Humans willing to put shock collars on their dogs should first put it through a test run on themselves to see just how it feels before putting it on the dog.

And poor dog! Out in the yard, barking for its family.... for love and attention and they want to punish its only means of communication. What a way to break the dog's spirit.

You cannot reason with people using logic. You have to use emotional triggers and psychology. It's used every day in advertising and it works.

:2cents:

Ha - that is priceless! Love it!:thumbs up