Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Please help my stray cat asap

peachjubilee
July 28th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I need Help for my Stray Cat ASAP, He has a large Absess on his head, I'm trying to catch him to take him to the vet but it's much more difficult then anticipated. I need a loving home for him ASAP. He's A very Shy kitty but mild Mannered. He will need alot of TLC but I know he will make a wonderful House Kitty after some work. Anyone who can take him please message me at origpeachjubilee@hotmail.com. I'm going to continue to try to catch him so I can take him to the vet. I WILL NOT TAKE HIM TO THE SPCA as I don't like them at all.

14+kitties
July 28th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Have you tried to contact this rescue yet?
http://www.adoptapet.com/adoption_rescue/77899.html

In your other thread you said he let you cut mats out of him and pet him, etc. Why is it now difficult to catch him? Do you have a live trap? If so set it up with tuna, sardines, salmon, even strong catnip may do the trick. Anything that may lure him into the trap.
Are you planning on taking him to your vet to have the absess looked after and for him to be health checked? Maybe he can be kept in a large dog crate for a few days until you can find a spot for him.

Can you get a picture of him and post it on here?

peachjubilee
July 29th, 2009, 12:32 AM
he's not feeling good because of the Absess, I'm hoping that it will drain out on it's own. I didn't really take a good look except he has a big bump on his head. Does anyone have a suggestion on Absesses?? He gets scared if I'm outside my patio door. He comes to me while I'm inside the door petting him. But I tried to touch his head and he backed up, it looks sore and also he would always hang out here but for the last few days he hasn't and since that thing has gotten bigger he's no where in sight. I saw him this evening, he ate and left. I really hope he will get better.

theBrit
July 29th, 2009, 06:42 AM
If he still have the 'lump' then the abcess hasnt burst yet so it will be so very very painful for him. It will not just drain away, it will need to be cleaned and packed out, getting an abcess better will involve daily bathing something that sounds like it might be an issue for you. He really need catching and getting to a vets, easier said than done of course. Best of luck i hope you get him some help soon

peachjubilee
August 2nd, 2009, 01:06 AM
Well he's much better, his Absess brust a couple days ago, I've been cleaning it out and using polysporin to keep it from getting infection. It looks clean and he's feeling much better and back to his old self again. I have a friend that will take him well at least to foster him until I can find him a forever home. I'm really hoping she will fall in love with him and keep him. I just need to catch him and get him Neutered and all his shots etc.... I'll keep everyone undated.

allfurlove
August 2nd, 2009, 07:04 AM
Im confused... If you are able to clean his wound, why is it so hard to catch him :confused: Sounds like you have already caught him. Its early...am I missing something?

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2009, 09:41 AM
Glad to hear he is on the mend.

Hopefully you can get him neutered sooner than later and the vet can take a look at his wound.

It is so easy to fall in love with a stray, they just appreciate every little thing they get. :cloud9:

rainbow
August 2nd, 2009, 03:25 PM
Im confused... If you are able to clean his wound, why is it so hard to catch him :confused: Sounds like you have already caught him. Its early...am I missing something?

I'm wondering the same thing. :confused:

Hopefully you will be able to get him neutered soon before he get in another fight. :fingerscr

Good luck and keep us posted. :goodvibes:

BenMax
August 2nd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Catch him again...when at the vets ask for leukemia and feline AIDS test. Very important for him to adjust being an indoor cat is having him neutered.

Also, he may require antibiotics for that wound. Polysporin can be good but it may not be enough to help heal this wound. Just a thought.

Best of luck.