Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Elmo has been laid to rest

mjlwriter
July 26th, 2009, 10:49 AM
We laid our beloved friend pooch Elmo to rest yesterday in a pet burial property in New York. He's next to his dad, who passed in '00. I think that death is the most shocking event for anyone and is very hard to deal with. Elmo's passing brings up so many emotions, thoughts, feelings, etc. for me. I feel sadness, guilt, remorse, etc. I wish I had Elmo back. It will be a week tomorrow that he passed, and I still am very broken up inside and I don't think this will pass any time soon. Elmo was born on 2/9/95 and passed away on 7/20/09. He was my good friend for all that time and I cared for him very much. He was a special dog with a sweet personality. Being a pug, he was also quite authoritative, especially when it came to getting his food or biscuits. He loved his walks, the longer the better. He loved his comfy bed and loved his naps. He and I will be reunited at the beautiful Rainbow Bridge. When I read about that recently, it struck a chord. Elmo, while you wait for me, enjoy all that God is providing for you. You are a good boy, I miss you and love you. :candle:

14+kitties
July 26th, 2009, 02:56 PM
:candle::rip: Elmo :candle: Run free and play at the bridge. Your family will be reunited with you eventually. Wait for them with open paws....

hazelrunpack
July 26th, 2009, 03:49 PM
:candle: Elmo

:grouphug: for you, mjlwriter. No guilt...no remorse! Elmo lived for fourteen years! He'd never have lived such a long life if he weren't loved, well-cared-for and happy.