Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Suggestions?

TacoGrl
July 26th, 2009, 01:35 AM
My condo faces a building that is less than courteous as far as neighbours go :frustrated:

Long story short, aside from the noise, beer bottles and other glass items get thrown on to my balcony (I have no overhang)...I almost got hit by a beer glass not long ago when I was planting :eek: So, I finally saw the ****heads who are throwing this stuff, called the Police and they said it was only a $115 ticket and they were too busy and I should just stay off my balcony. :eek: :frustrated: I could not belive it! Why even bother responding if you are going to do nothing?!? They didn't even get out of their car, just drove through and phoned me (I was watching them from my balcony). :frustrated:

I have tried the management company over there to no avail...they manage a slum, they don't care. :rolleyes:

Any suggestions on what might be my next step? Anyone deal with this kind of situation before?

I wish I could find a job...I would cut my losses, find a rental and just get out of here. :sad:

Cathy1
July 26th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I know someone who had a similar problem and the police did nothing after numerous call so they called the mayor and within 2 hrs. they received a call from the police chief wanting information on the problem and offered an apology. The very same day the police arrived to discuss the problems and also spoke with the people who were causing the problems and life has gotten better for them. Our mayor here said the police work for us and we as tax payers pay their wages and deserve better service.

Luvmypitgirls
July 26th, 2009, 02:21 PM
My condo faces a building that is less than courteous as far as neighbours go :frustrated:

Long story short, aside from the noise, beer bottles and other glass items get thrown on to my balcony (I have no overhang)...I almost got hit by a beer glass not long ago when I was planting :eek: So, I finally saw the ****heads who are throwing this stuff, called the Police and they said it was only a $115 ticket and they were too busy and I should just stay off my balcony. :eek: :frustrated: I could not belive it! Why even bother responding if you are going to do nothing?!? They didn't even get out of their car, just drove through and phoned me (I was watching them from my balcony). :frustrated:

I have tried the management company over there to no avail...they manage a slum, they don't care. :rolleyes:

How horrible TacoGrl, you most certainly should be able to enjoy your balcony without risk of serious injury ...or worse.
Are the offenders within throwing range? Cuz if it were me I'd throw it right back at them!
I would continue to call the cops, drive them nuts with it until they finally do something. I would also call the property management of the building that houses the offenders, and tell them that if you do get hit with something you will "sue their a$$es off!"
Sorry you are having to deal with such an unsafe situation and such lowlife thoughtless ppl.:2huggers:

rainbow
July 26th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I would be contacting the mayor's office as well and demanding something be done. Do other people have balconies that face this place? If so, it would help if they complained too. Good luck. :fingerscr

TacoGrl
July 27th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Just a quick update, thx for the advice :thumbs up I sent an e-mail yesterday to my alderman (he is much more useful than our mayor :rolleyes:)and what do you know, he requested the police to look into this...unfortunately, I received an e-mail from the same officer whom I had asked for assistance previously and he brushed it off :sad:

Jim Hall
July 27th, 2009, 10:28 AM
call everyone all the time make such a pest of yourself they act in self defense
dosent your condo have regs about inappropriate behavior?

TacoGrl
July 27th, 2009, 10:40 AM
call everyone all the time make such a pest of yourself they act in self defense
dosent your condo have regs about inappropriate behavior?

We have regs in our building, but this is coming from the apartment building across the parking lot (it's maybe only 50' away and double the height of our building)...we have no control over it :sad:

Jim Hall
July 27th, 2009, 11:31 AM
ahh get hit woth a bottle and sue thier asses off didn you always want to own an apt building?

TacoGrl
July 27th, 2009, 12:04 PM
ahh get hit woth a bottle and sue thier asses off didn you always want to own an apt building?

LoL! If I owned that building, there would sure be a lot of vacancies within the first few months! :evil:

The bottles are coming from the 27th floor and I am on the 6th...I am thinking it will be my relatives doing the suing :frustrated:

Jim Hall
July 27th, 2009, 12:06 PM
ahh i misstated get "hit" with a bottle

ancientgirl
July 27th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Just a quick update, thx for the advice :thumbs up I sent an e-mail yesterday to my alderman (he is much more useful than our mayor :rolleyes:)and what do you know, he requested the police to look into this...unfortunately, I received an e-mail from the same officer whom I had asked for assistance previously and he brushed it off :sad:

I would be forwarding that email to the alderman, mayor AND the police chief.

Dog Dancer
July 27th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I would also be forwarding the e-mail to the Alderman that you contacted. Keep at them until somebody caves. Getting brushed off is not good enough. This is a very dangerous situation! Go ahead - be a pain in the butt to a few people.

ancientgirl
July 27th, 2009, 01:53 PM
My boss is a city commissioner, which I'm guessing is like an alderman. People come to him all the time about issues, and if it has to do with a cop ignoring a call or brushing someone off, he gets super annoyed. He supports the police, but he also doesn't like it when they ignore calls or requests made by citizens.

Luvmypitgirls
July 27th, 2009, 02:09 PM

TacoGrl, definately forward the cops email to your alderman, explain to him/her again that this is the second time this officer has brushed you off.
Then make it clear, that if you receive personal injury, not only will you be suing the property owner, property management but you will also sue the Calgary Police Service, as they are run by the City. Log all your complaints, get names of everyone you talk to and the time and date you talked to them. Print off all emails from alderperson and the cop.

This situation is absolutely ridiculous! Someone could seriously get hurt or even killed! Keep pressing the issue, don't give up! Hell collect the bottles hurtled at your building and call Global or CTV and show them the email where the cop blew you off too. I bet after that, something would be done.

As far as Mayor Bronco goes, the guy is a major buttmunch, can't stand him one bit. I've had personal dealings with the guy at the Sun and Salsa Festival, when I worked the PBFL kiosk one year. Seriously the dude is his own biggest fan :loser: I hope Calgarians don't vote him and most of the city council in next term.
Ric McGiver (sp?), now he would make an awesome mayor! I don't know why he isn't interested in the position, I think he'd win a landslide majority if he ran.

TacoGrl
July 27th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Ric is going to run no matter what his handlers say (yes I am in his constituency :D)...he has started lining up his warchest and volunteers ;) :D

Bronco...he needs to just go awaaaaay. :frustrated:

Turns out the CPS are really trying to cover their butts right now! The e-mails/voicemails I am receiving from them! I am having a hard time sitting here what with all the smoke they are trying to blow up my ***! I did let Ric's office know he was the same officer and surprise surprise, there have been cops over there most of the morning and I just received an e-mail from the management company over there outlining their action plan. :D

It is a shame that people don't stand up and do the right thing without being prodded!

I was actually thinking of getting the media involved next, but I am kinda shy to be on TV :eek:

rainbow
July 27th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Glad to hear that something is finally being done :thumbs up and good luck for getting it completely resolved. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Luvmypitgirls
July 27th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Ric is going to run no matter what his handlers say (yes I am in his constituency :D)...he has started lining up his warchest and volunteers ;) :D

Bronco...he needs to just go awaaaaay. :frustrated:

Turns out the CPS are really trying to cover their butts right now! The e-mails/voicemails I am receiving from them! I am having a hard time sitting here what with all the smoke they are trying to blow up my ***! I did let Ric's office know he was the same officer and surprise surprise, there have been cops over there most of the morning and I just received an e-mail from the management company over there outlining their action plan. :D

It is a shame that people don't stand up and do the right thing without being prodded!

I was actually thinking of getting the media involved next, but I am kinda shy to be on TV :eek:

Awesome to hear that Ric is going to run for mayor! In my opinion he's probably the last honest politician on the planet. The man has integrity!
Glad to hear that the cops and the property management are now on the case and are going to deal with the issues! Good for you for taking a stand!

TacoGrl
July 27th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Awesome to hear that Ric is going to run for mayor! In my opinion he's probably the last honest politician on the planet. The man has integrity!
Glad to hear that the cops and the property management are now on the case and are going to deal with the issues! Good for you for taking a stand!

I totally agree! He is always approachable and sincere...Calgarians probably won't elect him though...look at the history...Duer and Bronco...and before them (Klein not included ;)) :rolleyes:

I think what really pisses me off is that most of the people I have been talking to lately are gainfully employed doing as little as humanly possible...just the basic vitals (breathing/heartbeat) registering (no brainwaves) and I am out of work...perhaps I need to "dumb it down" :rolleyes: