Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Been MIA for a while

onster
July 26th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Just wanted to make a post so nobody would worry. I'm just back from a weeks trip to Montreal and NYC with my uncle and fam. Had a great time...managed to get tickets to cirque du soleil last minute (last seats in a sold out show of last day in mtl)...was amazing!

NY...well i gotta say the border guards really put me off. They were very very rude. Ah well. First day i have to say i didnt like NYC, it was way tooooo hot and the tour we took (those double decker buses), the guide was so gross and kept snorting into the mic :yuck: hellloooo use a tissue....then he made crude sex jokes and i had to cringe with my 8 yr old cousin next to me. I have to say the city has a not so pleasant smell to it (no offence to any new yorkers). Went to Statue of liberty, lines were sooo bad! But time square was soooo cool! I think the best part was the FAO toy store..omg..i loved it. Consumerism to the max but oh well.

Came back home thru niagara falls......bunduk and Onnie act like I never left. Mom says they just slept in her room while i was gone. Bunduk that traiter *shakes fists* He has stayed in my room with me all day though.

The guelph appartment is mine..yay :D gotta start shopping 4 it in august. In the 2nd week of aug mobro is coming...mid-late august is ramadan (fasting month), then dad is coming in sep. My uncle and co are leaving this friday. Going to see sound of music in TO on thursday. Mom and I are arguing over custody of the cats :rolleyes: she now thinks she has to keep both because my 'allergies'.

basically im gonna be a very very busy person for the next while...but i hope i can catch up for now at least until mobro comes into town!

oh oh and ive been going to the gym regularly the past 6 weeks or so and eating pretty well despite the crazyness..and i lost 11 pounds! yay me. i just randomly put that in there haha i jsut hopped onto the scale to make sure i didnt gain it all back on vacation! but i didnt..seems i lost another 2 actually!

not that wasnt very quick was it lol...sorry! but anyway i miss u all here and hope all is well with everyone! gotta go to bed now...

hazelrunpack
July 26th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Hi, onster! Long time no...

Oh, nite onster! :sad:

:laughing: :p

Congrats on both the 11 pounds and the apartment! :highfive: So is this apartment all on one level so neither Bunduk or Onnie will be able to give you a heart attack by hovering high above ground on a railing above sharp objects? :fingerscr :D

Sounds like you've been having an interesting time... Your impressions of NYC sound like mine...only you've actually been there and I chickened out about 100 miles away and went to Baltimore instead. :laughing: But I'm not a city person, so I didn't care for Baltimore much, either. :o

Glad you checked in! :thumbs up Been wondering what you were up to! I was hoping Bunduk wasn't trapped in a pantry...or a couch or sumthin' like that.... :laughing:

TacoGrl
July 26th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Welcome back!

Ummm....pics? :D

Is it really as crowded in NYC as it shows on tv shows? I have always wondered that...you know, the streets just full of bustling people all shoving into each other...

rainbow
July 26th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Hi Onster .....thanks for popping in with an update. :thumbs up

Sounds like you've been pretty busy but hope you get a chance to post pics before Mobro arrives. :goodvibes:

Congrats on getting the apt and wooo hooo for the 11 lb. :highfive:

Love4himies
July 26th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the update, and yes, I don't like the border guards, one either side of the border.

Congrats on the apt, onster :thumbs up, but secretly I was hoping you would pic Queen's so we could meet :sad:.

krdahmer
July 26th, 2009, 01:15 PM
The border guards are fine as long as you're white, remove your sunglasses, look them in the eye and smile a lot!!! :rolleyes: It's sad really, any hint of a tan and they harass the crap out of you.... even hubby gets hassled because he has a beard, and he crosses the border 2-4 times a week for his job. (incidentally, I watched the movie Crossing Over with Harrison Ford last night, man does that ever say it all....)

And you were in the Falls????? You could have come seen me and the kitties!!! :sad::p

Congrats on the 13 lbs and the apartment, and I bet your mom wants custody of the furries cause she knows she'll be lonely without you.... :o

ancientgirl
July 26th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Wow, lots of congratulations in order. One for the weight loss and two for getting the apartment!

14+kitties
July 26th, 2009, 02:15 PM
:eek: You went through Niagara Falls! You didn't stop to see krdahmer! :frustrated: And, to top it off, you would have driven right past my town too!!!! :frustrated::frustrated: Hummmpphhh!!!!
:laughing: That's ok hon. We'll get you when you move to Guelph!!!!!!!! (rubbing hands gleefully together).

Congrats on the weight loss and apartment my dear! Now come help me. :)

onster
July 26th, 2009, 06:30 PM
because im using stolen internet from the neighbours...and its not a good connection. With all the crazy weather today lightening struck the house. No internet/tv/phone. Have my cell tho. Short circuited the modems. Cant even open the garage! thank god my car was outside tho....holy crap! Bolt went thru the window and struck my bro's tv (when it was off) , singed his hair. Have a few molten switches/ messed up appliances. Fire alarm went off...two of the switches on the main panel won't go back on (one of them as soon as u try the alarm goes off again). :eek:

So my catchup plans may be foiled afterall. Ill try to reply to the posts pending my internet connection:sad:

onster
July 26th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Hi, onster! Long time no...

Oh, nite onster! :sad:

:laughing: :p

Congrats on both the 11 pounds and the apartment! :highfive: So is this apartment all on one level so neither Bunduk or Onnie will be able to give you a heart attack by hovering high above ground on a railing above sharp objects? :fingerscr :D

Sounds like you've been having an interesting time... Your impressions of NYC sound like mine...only you've actually been there and I chickened out about 100 miles away and went to Baltimore instead. :laughing: But I'm not a city person, so I didn't care for Baltimore much, either. :o

Glad you checked in! :thumbs up Been wondering what you were up to! I was hoping Bunduk wasn't trapped in a pantry...or a couch or sumthin' like that.... :laughing:
lol thanks hazel...nono bunduk has been very good. I don't really like big cities either (oddly tho I like cairo??)....i was very unimpressed at first. Still dunno if i would go on again tho..montreal was gorgeous, especially old montreal.

Welcome back!

Ummm....pics? :D

Is it really as crowded in NYC as it shows on tv shows? I have always wondered that...you know, the streets just full of bustling people all shoving into each other...

Vacay pics? I'll have to get them from my aunt, i didnt bring my cam...was afraid I'd get mugged in NY lol...really!! hmmm welll it actually wasnt as busy as I expected. I mean im used to lots of traffic and stuff from egypt...times square was craaaaazy at night tho just hordes and hordes off people!
Hi Onster .....thanks for popping in with an update. :thumbs up

Sounds like you've been pretty busy but hope you get a chance to post pics before Mobro arrives. :goodvibes:

Congrats on getting the apt and wooo hooo for the 11 lb. :highfive:
thanks rainbow!! ill try to put up pics asap

krdahmer
July 26th, 2009, 06:36 PM
:eek::eek: OMG Onster, I heard there were storms that way today, none here yet.... man that must have been scary, hope everyone's ok, and everything is back in working order soon!:grouphug:

Chris21711
July 26th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Holy Croaks Onster :eek:...I was just getting caught up in this thread and continued on reading and Holy Moley that is scary stuff....I hope you are all safe and get the power back on soon.....

Fight for custody of :cat::cat:..

Frenchy
July 26th, 2009, 06:40 PM
because im using stolen internet from the neighbours...

ONSTER ! You ? :eek: ohhhh I'm so proud of you :2huggers:

:evil: :laughing:

congrats on the appartement ! enjoy but be careful hey , not too many parties ok ? :)

and if your mom keeps the kitties , you can always adopt 2 more .... ;)

onster
July 26th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the update, and yes, I don't like the border guards, one either side of the border.

Congrats on the apt, onster :thumbs up, but secretly I was hoping you would pic Queen's so we could meet :sad:.

the canadian side was ok...the american side were just jerks I have to say. Stopped us for 2 hours!!! searched us searched the car and were just plain rude. I dont mind them searching for national security or whatever but they didnt have to be mean!! scared my cousins.

awwww....maybe i can roadtrip out to u??? I was hoping to meet u too :sad:
The border guards are fine as long as you're white, remove your sunglasses, look them in the eye and smile a lot!!! :rolleyes: It's sad really, any hint of a tan and they harass the crap out of you.... even hubby gets hassled because he has a beard, and he crosses the border 2-4 times a week for his job. (incidentally, I watched the movie Crossing Over with Harrison Ford last night, man does that ever say it all....)

And you were in the Falls????? You could have come seen me and the kitties!!! :sad::p

Congrats on the 13 lbs and the apartment, and I bet your mom wants custody of the furries cause she knows she'll be lonely without you.... :o

yeah i hear u bout the border. I pretty much knew from friends that id get stopped because of my scarf....but i mean we were the least intimidating ppl ever, clearly a family trip. ah well.

I was at the falls yes for 2 hours...but unfortunately it was all waiting at the border (soooo many cars) :rolleyes: I think my uncle may be going to see the falls sometime this week...maybe if he goes i can tag along and then we can meet up?

my mom wants the cats but doesnt want the litter lol..
and thank u!

onster
July 26th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Wow, lots of congratulations in order. One for the weight loss and two for getting the apartment!
merci merci!! i worked hard for it and was glad to see results :thumbs up just gotta keep the wheel rolling...see normally when im busy im just like meeeh screw gym and then use it as an excuse to eat fast food all the time :rolleyes:

:eek: You went through Niagara Falls! You didn't stop to see krdahmer! :frustrated: And, to top it off, you would have driven right past my town too!!!! :frustrated::frustrated: Hummmpphhh!!!!
:laughing: That's ok hon. We'll get you when you move to Guelph!!!!!!!! (rubbing hands gleefully together).

Congrats on the weight loss and apartment my dear! Now come help me. :)

im sorrrry! i honestly plan to roadtrip and visit all those kinda near me when i go to guelph! ure first on my list! and thanks for the congrats.

:eek::eek: OMG Onster, I heard there were storms that way today, none here yet.... man that must have been scary, hope everyone's ok, and everything is back in working order soon!:grouphug:
it was *RIDONCULOUS*. I woke up because of the rain and when i was brushing my teeth the tiles underneath me were rumbling from the thunder. Then i heard the biggest boom ever went out of my room saw a flash of light, alarm went off..i screamed :o lil bro came out of his room holding his head (he was asleep), saying he thought he was hit! his head hurt a lot...my mom ran downstairs to turn off the main electric panel. Cats were sooooooo freaked out. Lil bro's tv was smoking and the lights in his room turned on!!! Freaky freaky freaky!! I did spend about 10 minutes practically rolling on the floor laughing at my bro tho hahahahahaahha....honestly it was so crazy it was funny! other than that one of the light switches is black, the computer room has no electricity at all nor the upper hallway nor the garage. Modems/phone/ some appliances all fried. glad were all ok! oh and get this, one of our battery operated clocks in the kitchen randomly changed time!! from 9am to 12:30...how the heck did that happen???? its battery operated!

I hope the weather misses u KR!!

I think something else happened in the neighborhood because we heard fire engines mins later and then there were 2 cop cars outside our house..and i cant even watch the news to see whats going on! this is the first time all day ive been able to access net...i was gonna die lol. Lil bro said the lightening might as well have finished him off *rolls eyes*

onster
July 26th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Holy Croaks Onster ...I was just getting caught up in this thread and continued on reading and Holy Moley that is scary stuff....I hope you are all safe and get the power back on soon.....

Fight for custody of :

thank u, were all safe thank God. Mom and I went to the mall...lol i mean what else was there to do??? hahaha. The phone call to my dad was funny..umm dad yes we wont be able to talk on the pc today...u see...lightening struck the house :evil::eek::rolleyes:

i will fight!! i think honestly my mom just knows she'll be lonely...and now shes saying ill be at school all day, its mean to leave the kitties. But ill be lonely too :sad: and theyre my kitties :yell::yell: i might waiver on Onnie because he likes her the most and thinks she's his mommy..but then what happens when they go back together? i hope theyll remember eachother :shrug:
ONSTER ! You ? :eek: ohhhh I'm so proud of you :2huggers:

:evil: :laughing:

congrats on the appartement ! enjoy but be careful hey , not too many parties ok ? :)

and if your mom keeps the kitties , you can always adopt 2 more .... ;)

LOL u really did make me LOL frenchy. hahahah ya mom was all "Steal internet??!" :eek: but then when she realized she can't check her arabic news she told me to go to different corners of the house to try and find connection :rolleyes: im suprised this is holding up...everyone else has passwords and this is v weak connection :fingerscr

lol my mom can adopt 2 more!!! these are miiiine! she wants me to get her an automatic litter box :rolleyes: or come home every few days and scoop...ya right! when i was away lil bro scooped once..thats it..in one week :yuck:

Love4himies
July 26th, 2009, 08:38 PM
You are always welcome at our home, onster, just say the word and don't forget Bunduk, Jasper wants to meet him too. ;)

NoahGrey
July 26th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I have a love obession with New York City. And hopefully you got too see Times Square at night. Also, you could go and walk..not take the decker buses. You can't truly appriecate NYC without walking. Beautiful beautiful city.

ACO22

growler~GateKeeper
July 26th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Glad everyone's okay even though lil Bro might need a new hair cut :o must've been quite scarey :grouphug:. We had quite the lightning show here last night too :cool:

About the battery clock - the electrical pulse running through the house made the time jump :D

Dee-O-Gee
July 26th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Wow! You've been a bizee little bee!

Congratulation on the losing weight. Man if I could get off this darn little black and white keyboard I could do the same! :frustrated:

Best of luck with the new apartment and have a great time at the show! :thumbs up

rainbow
July 28th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Yowzers Onster :eek: ....I'm sure glad everyone is okay. :grouphug: That was some scary stuff for all of you. :grouphug:

How is lil bro? .....did you have to trim his hair for him? :D

Does the house insurance pay for everything? :fingerscr