Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Momma Deer

Love4himies
July 25th, 2009, 09:01 PM
With the good of living here, comes the bad. Momma of the two twin babies was hit by a car on the Parkway in almost the same place as Misty. The twins still have their spots and are crying for their momma. I only hope they survive.

:rip: Momma Deer :candle: I will do what I can for your babies.

14+kitties
July 25th, 2009, 09:04 PM
:candle::rip: Momma :candle::sad: Poor babies :cry:

the gang
July 25th, 2009, 11:34 PM
omgod i so hope the babies are ok:cry: brenda and the pins

Shaykeija
July 26th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Can a wild rescue take these babies in? They are too young to be alone. Poor momma..poor babies

krdahmer
July 26th, 2009, 01:29 PM
:cry::candle: Poor mamma and babies.... good luck to the little ones! :pray:

Melinda
July 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
ontario spca deals with wildlife, ours caught a young (still spotted) baby last year and brought it to a rescue just this side of quebec. or call the ministry

rainbow
July 26th, 2009, 01:49 PM
They deal with wildlife out here as well so hope you can find some help for the wee ones. :fingerscr

:rip: Momma Deer :candle:

ancientgirl
July 26th, 2009, 01:54 PM
That is so sad. People hit these deer or shoot them and don't even think that there may be babies out there who need their mother.

I hope you can help these little ones. :pray:

hunnybunny
July 26th, 2009, 02:08 PM
How sad, hope the babies can be rescued:pray:

Run free momma deer:candle:

chico2
July 26th, 2009, 05:10 PM
OMG L4H,that is so sad,but unfortunately it happens much to often:cry:
If the fawns are too young,hopefully you can find a place that will take them,:pray:

BenMax
July 26th, 2009, 09:05 PM
This is heartbreaking.:sad:. I just cannot imagine.

Poor little ones. I hope they can be saved somehow.

Rottielover
July 26th, 2009, 09:11 PM
RIP Momma Deer, Your wee ones will be looked after and loved.:rip:

Luvmypitgirls
July 27th, 2009, 04:02 PM
:cry:...this is heartbreaking. :sad:

Love4himies
July 27th, 2009, 04:40 PM
A biologist at the MNR has told me that the fawns, who were born in late May, should be OK to eat on their own, no milk replacement need be left out for them.

The problem is for them to get enough fat stores for the winter (didn't mention my deer feeding stations during the snowy periods :o) so if they stick around my area, they should be fine :pray:.

cpietra16
July 27th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Maybe if you start feeding them now they'll be ok....poor babies

Love4himies
July 30th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Saw the twins last night, they are looking very good and are starting to loose their spots.

Planted 40 Kale plants for them yesterday, thanks cearaqc for the suggestion.

Jim Hall
July 30th, 2009, 11:10 AM
mmm kale lol goos stuff with bbq

BenMax
July 30th, 2009, 11:29 AM
A biologist at the MNR has told me that the fawns, who were born in late May, should be OK to eat on their own, no milk replacement need be left out for them.

The problem is for them to get enough fat stores for the winter (didn't mention my deer feeding stations during the snowy periods :o) so if they stick around my area, they should be fine :pray:.

:grouphug: You are amazing. I hope they stick by you dear friend.

Melinda
August 3rd, 2009, 12:19 PM
the ministry here encourages hubs and I to feed them mid jan-late march, mostly hay, cracked corn and apples, things they'd find in the wild but are scarce that time of year, by us feeding the herd of 17 it prevents them from leaving the area and venturing into the city. How are they doing now? have you seen them lately?

Love4himies
August 3rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
I saw them last night, and they are doing quite well on their own.

They were in my garden, but didn't touch the kale :frustrated:, just my lilies and cone flowers after they polished off the new growth on my rose bushes :yell:.

BenMax
August 3rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
I saw them last night, and they are doing quite well on their own.

They were in my garden, but didn't touch the kale :frustrated:, just my lilies and cone flowers after they polished off the new growth on my rose bushes :yell:.

Oh no...well look on the bright side.....they are eating.:laughing:. Sorry L4H -but you are really good people and my sense of humour today is alittle 'off'.

rainbow
August 3rd, 2009, 03:08 PM
Glad to hear that they are hanging around and doing well. :thumbs up

Try going to the supermarkets and asking for apples and produce that they will be discarding. We've done that here and they are very obliging when they know why you want it. You can at least always get the romaine leaves that they take off the heads they sell.

Good luck and hope to see some pics. :goodvibes:

Love4himies
August 3rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
Oh no...well look on the bright side.....they are eating.:laughing:. Sorry L4H -but you are really good people and my sense of humour today is alittle 'off'.

Well, you share my sense of humour, cause these babies can't do any wrong in my eyes. :o :p

Love4himies
August 3rd, 2009, 07:15 PM
Glad to hear that they are hanging around and doing well. :thumbs up

Try going to the supermarkets and asking for apples and produce that they will be discarding. We've done that here and they are very obliging when they know why you want it. You can at least always get the romaine leaves that they take off the heads they sell.

Good luck and hope to see some pics. :goodvibes:

Perhaps putting the apples around the kale???? I really want them to eat the kale, it is so good for them.

rainbow
August 3rd, 2009, 07:40 PM
Perhaps putting the apples around the kale???? I really want them to eat the kale, it is so good for them.

That sounds like a good plan ....hope it works. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Melinda
August 4th, 2009, 07:00 AM
if you have a blender, take some raw oatmeal and "powder" it, in the early morning when the Kale is still wet from dew, sprinkle the oatmeal on it, it sends out a sweet smell and most wildlife will go for it then.