Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost dog in our neighborhood....

Goldenmom
August 16th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Does anyone have any ideas that can help me find this dog? Here is the story.

This purebred Sheltie went missing on August 8th. Grandma was looking after the dog while the family was away and it got out. The dog is VERY timid and scared. The dog was spotted a couple nights ago by some people right around me, but couldn't catch it. Personally I would have done all I could to get it! Anyway, still no dog. They have flyers up everywhere and delivered one to every home in our community. I have been out with my more quiet Golden, ready with an extra leash and cell phone just in case. I am looking under decks etc., as it is obvious she is hiding and scared to come out? Any other suggestions? I feel terrible for this family.

Heather and her 3 Golden Girls

meggie1425
August 16th, 2004, 11:34 AM
How about bringing food and treats with you? the poor dog must be starving!! :eek:
Best of luck
-Megan

Luba
August 16th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Oh dear, yes some Shelties can be very timid...like Collies.

Can you get a picture of the dog Heather and lets plaster it on the net and shelters?

Now where you live it is very country/rural or city like?

I gave a suggestion to some people to BBQ on a portable one some hotdogs and burgers in the last area they saw the dog. If the dogs hungry the dog will smell the food and come out!

The best thing to do is the owners have to keep going out and calling and calling this dog in a happy tone of voice and say something the dog is familiar with esp if the dogs scared.

Some dogs know 'you want a treat or are you hungry.'

So lets say the dogs' name is Candy you can go out calling something like this 'Come on Candy girl lets go get a treat' depending on what she 'knows' her owners say and she gets all excited for.

Do they have another dog that she plays with?? Now boy/girl spay/neutered?
Thats the big question ??

If you get a picture I"ll plaster the net with you!!

Goldenmom
August 16th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Thanks! I think what I am feeling here is that the dog IS in our neighborhood and not running loose somewhere. So you still think that we should plaster places? I know that more doesn't hurt, but I believe it is in our neighborhood hiding.

Heather

Luba
August 16th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Ya but what if someone pics him/her up and takes the dog out of area/ even worse the dog 'run's from fear??

Goldenmom
August 16th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Lost Dog:

Missing since August 8th, 2004

2-yr old female purebred Sheltie. Name is Maddison. Spayed and microchipped.

Last seen in Westvale Area of Waterloo, Ontario. This dog is very shy and timid and will run. May be hiding under a deck or elsewhere on property.

Please email
Heather - fortheluvofgoldens@rogers.com

Luba
August 16th, 2004, 11:51 AM
WONDERFUL!!! :D

She's beautiful!!!

glasslass
August 16th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Find out what his favorite food is. When my friend's dog was found, he was hiding in bushes and wouldn't come out. The neighbor used apple slices to entice him. Luckily, they knew he loved them.