Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sometimes I hate where I work!

14+kitties
July 24th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I got to work yesterday and was told someone dumped a litter of kittens in the mall parking lot where I work. :wall: Not surprising considering there is a store there that sells pets. You name it, they sell it! And it gets worse......
We think there were three. Two were adopted by wonderful customers. :cloud9: The other one... :rip: sweet angel. You didn't stand a chance. :sad: :candle:

This is the letter I just sent to the editor of the newspaper. I really hope it gets published.

An open letter to the person/people who dumped your kittens in ******* **** ******’ parking lot this week. Did you do it in the morning?

Or was it in the middle of the night? Did you give them one thought after you dumped them? Did you think they would be put in the pet store to be sold? Did you think you were giving them a chance at a loving home? Did you?
How many did you dump? There were three found. Two were adopted by people who came to shop at the mall. The third – died under the wheels of a car. In death the little one finally got what it didn’t have here on earth – Peace. It’s buried in a garden of a loving soul’s home.
In these days when there are all the low cost spay/neuter programs why did this have to happen? It’s time to take responsibility for the pets you say you love so much. Do some phone calling and find one for your cat..... please.

I added the poem I wrote last year as well.

Tundra_Queen
July 24th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Oh that poor sweet kitty. :cry: I'm glad the other two got taken by customers, but that poor kitty that was killed.....I feel sick.

Debbie

TacoGrl
July 24th, 2009, 07:21 PM
wow. :cry:

edwina
July 24th, 2009, 07:52 PM
:rip: little kitty :cry:

Rottielover
July 24th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Poor kitty, never stood a chance, I am very happy 2 customers saved the other 2.:rip: wee one :(

TeriM
July 24th, 2009, 07:55 PM
:cry: :cry:

Love4himies
July 24th, 2009, 08:27 PM
OMG 14+, how horrible :grouphug: :cry:.

:rip: tiny kitten :candle:

ancientgirl
July 24th, 2009, 09:03 PM
:cry:That poor sweet little angel.

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I do hope they print your letter, 14+. It's very powerful. Maybe it will convince more than just the dumper to do the right thing by their cats :fingerscr

:candle: little kitty

14+kitties
July 24th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I get sick every time I think of it. I work with the wonderful :angel: who took the little one to her home and buried it. Didn't even know if it was a boy or girl. :sad: She said she cried the whole time. She has a kitty of her own and loves them. It broke her heart.
I am glad the other two got adopted too. I just pray they were to good homes. :fingerscr
If the letter gets published I will let you all know.

babymomma
July 24th, 2009, 10:40 PM
14+ Thats just terrible..

Seriously.. What is WRONG with people?! :wall:

hunnybunny
July 25th, 2009, 05:34 AM
How terrible :sad:
poor little baby :rip::candle:

Glad the other two were saved.

rainbow
July 26th, 2009, 03:39 AM
This is just so very sad. :sad:

Hopefully the two wee ones went to good homes :fingerscr and kudos to your co-worker for taking the other home to bury it. :angel:

:rip: sweet little kitten :candle:

Excellent letter you wrote :thumbs up ....I hope it gets published. :fingerscr

chico2
July 26th, 2009, 08:21 AM
14+,what can I say:cry:the cruelty of some,never seizes to horrify me:cat:
I wonder how many thousands of kittens die out there without anyone caring:sad:
:rip:sweet little baby

I hope they publish your letter,maybe it will touch someones heart to do the right thing..

krdahmer
July 26th, 2009, 01:25 PM
:cry::grouphug: That's horrible! I hope they do print that in the paper, and that those jerkasses get the paper too.... and know it's for them. :mad: Stuff like that happens far too often everywhere and it is just plain old ignorance and cruelty. Too bad you guys don't have parking lot cameras.... could have got them charged with abandonment or something.

:candle::rip: dear baby.:pray:

14+kitties
July 26th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Every day when I walk into work I look down at the pet store to see if I can see anything. Since this happened I hate to. :sad: It makes me physically ill thinking about that poor sweetie. I didn't even see the kittens and the tears come. It sucks!
I wish stores like that would be made to stop doing business they way they do. I stopped shopping there years ago. The price they charge for their mutts is ridiculous. Labradoodles, Sharpoos, Mickeydoodlepandys, whatever you can mix they sell. And kittens galore!! If I walked in there I would be liable to open the crates and let them all loose. :frustrated:

chico2
July 26th, 2009, 04:59 PM
14+,no store should be allowed to sell puppies/kittens or rabbits,or for that matter,any animal.
:yell:
I am so sorry you had to experience this with kittens,I am nor surprised you cried:cry:

Frenchy
July 26th, 2009, 05:58 PM
I hope your letter gets published 14+ :fingerscr

NoahGrey
July 26th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Good job 14kitties. I hope it gets published. I am sure it will get talked about in the editoral section the next week.

ACO22

Dee-O-Gee
July 26th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Wow 14+--spot one and you really did get the point across.

I also hope that this makes it to the paper as well. :fingerscr :fingerscr

14+kitties
July 27th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I just got a call from the paper I contacted. It's just the small free local one but it is delivered to and read by the whole area! It is also provided free at most grocery/corner stores.
My letter is going to be puplished. Not sure exactly when but the gentleman said asap. He asked if I wrote the poem I attached so they don't have to worry about attributing it to someone else when they publish. So yay!! Maybe :fingerscr something good will come of this. :candle:

Love4himies
July 27th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Wahoo, if it gets just one person to stop and think, then it may save some kitty lives.

:grouphug:, I can imagine how difficult it is for you to go to work.

ancientgirl
July 27th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I'm glad they are publishing the letter. I hope the person who left those kittens there reads it!

chico2
July 27th, 2009, 03:31 PM
That's great 14+,maybe the editor is an animal-lover:thumbs up
I once wrote our local paper about a neighbors kids I caught on my property killing a mother Robin with pellet-guns:sad:.
The pelletguns were goners over my knee and the story got printed.:offtopic::sorry:

BenMax
July 27th, 2009, 03:43 PM
GOOD FOR YOU 14+.!!

Never a dull moment is there! I sometimes cannot believe we are suppose to be the superior animal on this planet.:wall:

rainbow
July 27th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Great news, 14+ :highfive: .....hope it sinks in with those that need to hear the message the most. :fingerscr

14+kitties
July 27th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I once wrote our local paper about a neighbors kids I caught on my property killing a mother Robin with pellet-guns:sad:.
The pelletguns were goners over my knee and the story got printed.:offtopic::sorry:

:thumbs up Now that sounds like something you would do chico. :highfive:

I just hope the person(s) who dumped those kitties reads it and feels at least a twinge of guilt. Maybe s/he will think twice the next time. Maybe it will get the cat fixed. :fingerscr It won't bring the kitten back but at least some good may come of it.

Dee-O-Gee
July 27th, 2009, 10:32 PM
A big congradulations 14+ :highfive::highfive:

I hope that the person that dumped them along with all those who have done the same in the past read it, get that twinge of guilt and stop the next time! :frustrated:

chico2
July 28th, 2009, 07:15 AM
The problem with people like that,they don't care:evil:if they did,there are other safer ways to secure a future for the babies.
Hopefully the letter will open other peoples eyes to the importance of spay/neuter.
I find it helps to write how you feel about injustices and it's very gratifying if it gets published:highfive: