Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dog Elmo has passed on

mjlwriter
July 24th, 2009, 02:47 PM
My friend Elmo (male Pug, almost 14 1/2 years old) passed away this past Monday. He was with me the moment he was weaned from his mom. His absence from my life hurts as I miss him so much! I wish he were still here with me doing all of the cute things he did. His funeral is Saturday and I will see him once again, then I will see him at the Rainbow Bridge.

I have a book that I bought about grieving for your departed pets, but if anyone can provide some guidance I would really appreciate it.

I've attached a photo of my friend from January. Elmo, wherever you are, please know you are loved and missed.

Your friend,
Michael

Bina
July 24th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Hello, I understand what you are feeling....
Last October my own 14 year old Labrador passed away, and I still miss her terribly.
All we can do is comfort ourselves with the knowledge that our pet had a long happy life and is now in a peaceful resting place.
Healing takes time. (Elmo looks like a real cute dog.)

Luvmypitgirls
July 24th, 2009, 03:08 PM
mjlwriter, my sincere condolences for your loss.:sad:

R.I.P Elmo, :candle:

14+kitties
July 24th, 2009, 05:09 PM
:candle::rip: Elmo :candle: You will be very missed.
mjlwriter - Just know you were the best friend Elmo could have had and take comfort in that.

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of Elmo. :grouphug: I know how overwhelming the grief can be, mjlwriter, but as time goes on you'll find yourself smiling unexpectedly at a happy memory. Eventually those happy memories of Elmo will soothe the sorrow.

Elmo will always be in your heart. 14 years of love creates a bond between you that can't be broken, even by death. That bond will unite you again at the bridge. You were his angel, and now he's yours till you meet again. :grouphug:

:candle: Elmo

edwina
July 24th, 2009, 09:05 PM
:rip: Elmo :cry:

the gang
July 24th, 2009, 09:23 PM
:candle::rip:little one, it takes a while, brenda and the pins.

hunnybunny
July 25th, 2009, 12:01 PM
So sorry for your loss :cry:

Run free little Elmo :angel2::candle:

BenMax
July 25th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I am so sorry for you lose.:sad:

Run free little man.:rip:. Your spirit lives on in those who love you so dearly.

Peace to you and Elmo.

Jenntend
August 2nd, 2009, 04:16 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I have been through this already and I know how much your heart aches. You just want to stop hurting so bad. My dog is13 and a half years old, I worry about him all the time. Someone EVIL poisoned our poor chocolate lab on Christmas last year. My husband and I still feel pain. I am having a sculpture made of my dog as we speak. I will have one made of our precious choc-o too. If you are interested in having a sculpture made just look up Bill Wrin on face book. He is the artist making mine. I wish there was more I could say or do, but I know that it takes time and you are soooo muuuch in my prayers. :pray: