Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am so bloody annoyed

hunnybunny
July 24th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Where i live we have a open piece of grass out the front just outside my living room
There is this man who always lets his dog crap on my front :wall: and i am getting sick of it!!!
I saw the dog do his business this morning and the man just started walking past :wall: so i opened my window , keeping my cool :frustrated: and offered him a poo bag!!! and he did pick it up so hopefully he has got the message now :frustrated:
This man has a really bad rep i have heard , apparantly someone complained about his dog barking and he threw them out his house done some steps :eek:
So i am hoping he is not going to try and get back at me now:eek:
Its a bad job when you got to worry like this over just picking up dog poo !!!
Rant over, thanks for listening.

Winston
July 24th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Hunnybunny I hear ya! I have 2 Blue Spruce Trees on my front lawn and they cover pretty much the whole front lawn and house but give everyone the opportunity to use what little lawn space there is as a dumping ground! or under the trees it goes! You name it we have had it...including poop! at least you can offer a bag! they wouldnt see me for the trees! :D

Really though would they like that? Have a good day!

chico2
July 24th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I would think everybody by now,know they have to pick up the poop,but maybe they don't in England.

Before the poop and scoop thing here in Canada,we always had to check for poop before cutting the grass,now there's none:thumbs up

CearaQC
July 24th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Your council doesn't have a rule about picking up poo in residential areas?

I did a web search for fun just to see and it looks like they require it in public spaces and have special dog poo bins, which is cool.

I think you did the right thing, asking nicely and providing a bag.

ancientgirl
July 24th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Man, the rudeness of some people just amazes me. I bet they wouldn't like the same thing done to them.

Melinda
July 24th, 2009, 08:25 AM
we had a woman that did/does that and when I offered her a bag she cursed me out in front of the daycare children, using the "f" word. second time she cursed out hubby, she yells at me on the bike path "black dog, she's cross, black dog, you can't handle her" as brina walks quietly beside me with a slack leash, anyways, I stuck a sign on a pole (light post) saying "please scoop if your dog poops" and used a bent nail to hang poop bags from. She now walks on the opposite side of the street, maybe you could put out some bags to give people the hint??

hunnybunny
July 24th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I would think everybody by now,know they have to pick up the poop,but maybe they don't in England.

Before the poop and scoop thing here in Canada,we always had to check for poop before cutting the grass,now there's none:thumbs up

Hi Chico :) yes here in England we do have the poop laws, you have to pick up everywhere, which is how it should be:) we have poo bins to put it in and there is a 75 pound fine if you don,t, but still people ignore it :wall:
We also have dog wardens who go around checking ,they are even known to hide in bushes and jump out at people:laughing:
So it is pretty strict here, also fines if you have your dog off the lead on pavements/roads.
But we always get some ppl who don't care for any rules or regulations :wall:

hunnybunny
July 24th, 2009, 09:19 AM
A pic of our poo bins :laughing:

Are yours the same as ours ? i feel like a alien from another plantet asking this :laughing::laughing:
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv33/barney-011/WBLU_01.jpg

CearaQC
July 24th, 2009, 09:27 AM
We also have dog wardens who go around checking ,they are even known to hide in bushes and jump out at people:laughing:

I would love to see that. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Luvmypitgirls
July 24th, 2009, 03:31 PM
You could also find out where he lives, pick up his dog's poop and deliver it to his house with a note saying " I believe this belongs to you and your dog, please be courteous and pick up your dogs poop in the future!"

I've done this before, but I'm not courteous to leave the bag behind for repeat offenders, just the poop on their front step with the note.

MommaKat
July 24th, 2009, 03:59 PM
You could also find out where he lives, pick up his dog's poop and deliver it to his house with a note saying " I believe this belongs to you and your dog, please be courteous and pick up your dogs poop in the future!"

I've done this before, but I'm not courteous to leave the bag behind for repeat offenders, just the poop on their front step with the note.

I was REALLY hoping that the end of this advice was going to be "then I light the bag on fire,ring the door bell and run away" :laughing: :laughing:

Luvmypitgirls
July 24th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I was REALLY hoping that the end of this advice was going to be "then I light the bag on fire,ring the door bell and run away" :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing::laughing:...I've thought about it!

Etown_Chick
July 24th, 2009, 10:24 PM
LMPG
I've done that too, with kitty poo (yes, I know which kitty left it..grr) in my garden. At the dog park, one of my buddies picks up poo if he sees who left it, and ties it to their car!
I see no harm in returning a person's belongings to them..lol
They get the message. If they change their behavior or not, is hard to predict.

hunnybunny
July 25th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Lol i ended up laughing at the end of this thread:laughing:great comments guys .

Thanks i feel better now .

kiara
July 25th, 2009, 10:43 AM
We have the same problems here in Montreal, some people just don't pick up, even though it is against the law. Next time you see him with his dog and not picking up, you should discretely follow him to find out where he lives and deliver the poop at his doorstep. (Unless he lives in an apartment building). He will get the message.

hunnybunny
July 25th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Thing is i do know where this guy lives and it is a apartment building with just one main front door, it is just down the road from me, like i said in my op this guy is not someone you can reason with :shrug: he is very violent and always has the police at his door .
I do feel very intimidated by him and if he saw me putting his dog poo by the door he would freak:eek:
I feel i have been pretty brave just giving him a poo bag lol , even none of the men in the area will tangle with him.
On a good note it hasn,t happened since i gave him the poo bag so fingers crossed it did sink in:fingerscr

Etown_Chick
July 26th, 2009, 02:40 PM
hunny
no bag of poo is worth a violent confrontation. Bravo for doing what you did. Not sure I would have confronted a guy like that.

hunnybunny
July 26th, 2009, 03:19 PM
hunny
no bag of poo is worth a violent confrontation. Bravo for doing what you did. Not sure I would have confronted a guy like that.

Thanks huni , i must admit i was shaking when i gave him the poo bag:eek:

Frenchy
July 26th, 2009, 05:13 PM

me too , and to have someone film it ..... bonus !!!!

so ... when can we get that video ? :pray:

Macomom
July 26th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I must say I am really impressed with the "return it to the rightful owners" line of poo vengeance. Well thought out!
If it were me, I would also be tempted to borrow one of those nasty pesticide signs and put it on my front lawn for one morning. Scare the poo leaving neighbour into thinking you are toxic!
I think one of the advantages of having large breed dogs is that people do not let their dogs voluntarily go into our yard. My dogs who are incredibly passive, would lick the other dogs to death- but because of their size, people just don't cut across my lawn. No visitors= No poo.
Good luck with the strategy. I am sure it is really frustrating :(
Cheers,
Joanne