Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bottoms up leash

Rottielover
July 23rd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Would anyone happen to know anywhere in Montreal that sell this harness, or the exact thing but different name.
Please if anyone knows....

aslan
July 23rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
Hey Rottie, Not sure if this is the leash you're talking about.

www.petacular.com/products/Bottoms-Up-Leash.html

Rottielover
July 23rd, 2009, 05:31 PM
yes that is it, I just can not order online, I do not have a CC, I was hoping a store in Montreal might carry it.

aslan
July 23rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
you could set up a paypal acct, then put money in it from your bank acct. They are a very safe and secure site. Alot of online companies use them if you don't have a cc. Or you could ask the store you usually deal with to order one for you.

SnowDancer
July 23rd, 2009, 10:43 PM
Or perhaps they would accept a bank draft, drawn in US funds - provided your bank has a "clearing" bank in the US - I have done this. Or a US $ money order. I know the leash you are referring to - I looked at it after my last Dachshund's back surgery - but minimum weight at that time for sizing was 15 lbs. - my guy weighed only 10 - so I had to use the sling. But I have kept this leash in mind just in case - our current dog weighs 22 lbs.

luckypenny
July 23rd, 2009, 11:00 PM
I've seen these, or something very similar, at the boutique connected to the Hopital Veterinaire Rive Sud on Taschereau in Brossard. I would think vets would also carry some such harnesses. You may also want to visit your local Mondou store. They're pretty good about ordering stuff they don't have in stock.

bendyfoot
July 24th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Rottielover, how big is Roxy? Weight/circumference of her thighs?

I might have something I can send you...

SnowDancer
July 24th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I just clicked on the link provided by other poster - this is not the site obviously where I saw the lBottoms Up eash in 2004 - it was a US site - hence my suggestion to use a US $ bank draft. It was offered by a company that supplies aids to people with aging/infirm pets.

Bina
July 24th, 2009, 11:02 AM
that harness/leash is a great idea....:)
How many of us have broken our own backs by trying to pick up the back end of a Labrador or German Shepherd.

Rottielover
July 24th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Thank you all guys, I am all over trying to find this harness. No store around me carries it, and ones that can order it, charges a lot more than online price.
Thanks to Bendy may have a solution, keep paws crossed.

rainbow
July 24th, 2009, 02:26 PM
YAY Bendy :angel: ....I hope it works for Roxy. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

bendyfoot
July 27th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Rottielover, watch for the mail tomorrow afternoon :D

breeze
July 27th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Bendy :angel::angel:

I hope it works :fingerscr:goodvibes:

Rottielover
July 27th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Once again a huge thank you, you do not understand how much I appreciate it :)

Chris21711
July 27th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Once again a huge thank you, you do not understand how much I appreciate it :)

Sure we do Rottielover, most of us have been there at one time or another :grouphug:

That is what is so great about this site, folks helping folks :highfive:

rainbow
July 27th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Sure we do Rottielover, most of us have been there at one time or another :grouphug:

That is what is so great about this site, folks helping folks :highfive:

Yep, I agree .....so many people here are just so full of kindness. :angel: :grouphug:

chico2
July 27th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Awww Bendy that's great,I am sure Ren's Pets carries it here in Oakville if need be.

Longblades
July 28th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Or, you could easily make one just by cutting some nice soft strips of fleece. A knot could keep it together, or you could sew. It wouldn't need to be adjustable if meant solely for your dog.

Rottielover
July 29th, 2009, 06:59 AM
I just received in the mail yesterday, Once again thank you so much Bendy and Jaida. I am starting training her with it ASAP, and it will be coming with me on every walk as a precaution. So far I have to lure her to walk with a cookie or not budging at all. Talk about a dog with too much pride, LOL

bendyfoot
July 29th, 2009, 07:58 AM
ha, yeah it's pretty normal to get "the breaks" put on the first few times...it's kinda weird-feeling :D I'm glad you've got something you can try at least :thumbs up this makes my day :D

SnowDancer
July 29th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Please report on how it works - now that I have a dog who weighs 22 lbs., if the worst happens I will be getting one. They would be great for Bassetts.

bendyfoot
July 29th, 2009, 08:55 AM
You can get similar products that have more belly-holding lifts, or ones that help lift both the front and back ends, which can be good for the longer dogs...

Like this... (https://handicappedpets.com/www/index.php/fleece-lined-belly-sling.html)

Patricia.O
July 31st, 2009, 06:24 PM
Hello, everybody!
I'm so happy to have found you! I am EXACTLY in the same situation as Rottielover, meaning that I cannot find this leash (Bottom's up) here in Montreal, and I have a 14 years old Barzoi hounddog with arthitis. And I don't have a CC. I will try to use Paypal, if this is a valid option for payment (I haven't seen it yet).
Bendyfoot, may I ask you to suggest me some similar products that have belly-holding lifts? Any names, or where to look for?
Thank you in advance for your responsesn you guys are the best!

rainbow
August 1st, 2009, 01:06 AM
You can improvise with a cloth shopping bag .....there's built in handles so just slit the sides. :thumbs up