-->

Dog steals baby

hunnybunny
July 23rd, 2009, 03:27 PM
This is a case of owner stupidy imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBirT7nhCuo

diandpat
July 23rd, 2009, 03:48 PM
If they have other dogs AND other kids, why the Hell was the father "seconds away from going out to get gates and a baby monitor"???? :yell::yell::yell:

And now the dog can't come home and might be put down and they don't know what to do about the dog's sister :wall::wall::wall:

This is a very very disturbing and sad story...I certainly hope AJ makes a full and speedy recovery :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

hunnybunny
July 23rd, 2009, 03:56 PM
I thought that too!! this should have been all done before the baby arrived i completly blame the parents :wall:

On news 'over here' it says all the dogs could be pts :wall:

Lets hope the baby will be ok :goodvibes: but this so could have been avoided with some common sense :sad:

lUvMyLaB<3
July 23rd, 2009, 04:18 PM
it is sad... But so possible. Sometimes all the planning, and getting the dog used to smellls ect.. doesn't predict what will happen. So many people fully trust their dog, and would never think about closing a bedroom door, thinking a crib is safe.. What a sad story. I don't really blame the dog, but after the injuries the baby got, maybe being pts is the best thing. He will never be allowed back in that house, and it would probably not be kept by that family, and what other family would be willing to take the dog on? They have a chocolate lab too, hope that dog is ok. I know the Dad said the lab is safe, and not going anywhere, but Dakota the dog is never allowed back in his house, understanibly so.

This family has other kids, and the dog has been awesome, so They probably thought the baby was safe in the crib. YES they should have done more, but so many people do that same thing. I also wish the best for baby A.J.

chico2
July 23rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
I did not really listen to the video,only saw this beautiful dog behind bars.
I sincerely hope the baby will be ok:pray:
I don't understand why a dog would do such a thing and he'll now get a deathsentence:sad:

LavenderRott
July 23rd, 2009, 06:19 PM
All evidence shows that the "dog" wasn't trying to kill the baby - he had the baby for 10 minutes and there are no serious puncture wounds or tears that one would find in an attack.

And this isn't a dog - this is Native American Indian Dog aka wolf mix.

I certainly hope that the "dogs" are removed from the home and placed in a more appropriate environment.

StangHer
July 23rd, 2009, 06:27 PM
I watched the video, and yes it is a very sad situation. I hope the baby recovers.:pray:
I agree that the baby monitor and the gates should have already been in the house, and that they were at fault for this happening to their child. What a hard lesson for them!!
As for the dog, it's sad that he has to be put down because his owners were neglectful. I think he should be given a second chance, especially since he never showed any signs of agression towards anyone.
All dogs should be kept away from newborns without proper suppervision for this very reason. They could have closed the door to the babies room.
If I lived closer I'd take the dog myself. We have no kids.
And maybe that's the solution for saving the dog. He shouldn't be put down, just adopted by someone with no young children.

Chaser
July 23rd, 2009, 06:34 PM
Poor baby :sad: and poor dog :sad:

This was completely avoidable!

I love our dogs to pieces.....but when we have children they will NEVER have unsupervised access to a baby for even two seconds. Period. Never ever trust a dog with a baby or young child. No matter how sweet your dog or how well you think you know it there is always a chance, and that chance is not worth taking any risks whatsoever.

hunnybunny
July 24th, 2009, 04:10 AM
Poor baby :sad: and poor dog :sad:

This was completely avoidable!

I love our dogs to pieces.....but when we have children they will NEVER have unsupervised access to a baby for even two seconds. Period. Never ever trust a dog with a baby or young child. No matter how sweet your dog or how well you think you know it there is always a chance, and that chance is not worth taking any risks whatsoever.

I agree with what you say .
Even the sweetest of dogs, large or small of any breed or cross can be unpredictable and being owners we owe it to our dogs to protect them by not allowing them to be put in a situation where something awful like this could happen :sad:

Frenchy
July 25th, 2009, 11:13 AM
All evidence shows that the "dog" wasn't trying to kill the baby - he had the baby for 10 minutes and there are no serious puncture wounds or tears that one would find in an attack.

I was thinking the same thing. It's almost as the dog just thought he was taking the baby to a secure spot ? There was defenetly no agression from the dog. :shrug:

I hope the baby makes a full and fast recovery :fingerscr

BenMax
July 25th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I feel horrible about this story. I am however going to take a very unpopular approach to this.

If we all say that dogs can sense fear, pain, danger etc - then clearly this dog should 'sense' the fear in this child right?

Personally, I would have this dog PTS. This is just not normal behaviour - something just isn't right here.

So many things went wrong here - and it is just horrible for the child, the dog and you must ask yourselves the question: with this news coverage about this incident - how many more dogs will be abandoned due to this case if there is a child expected to enter this world. Very disturbing thought as this case will 'justify' why people will abandon animals when they are expecting a new child in the family.

Very sad all the way around.