Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

training succes!!!!

maneater
July 23rd, 2009, 11:29 AM
Ok, so this might not seem like much, but I got a chi who was table fed and that just didn't fly with me. I have a toddler romaing around with random cookies and cracker and the dog would go up and jump and get the cookies out of his hands and such. I guess he influenced my other dog who was trained not to do it from puppy because she started begging at the table. Well anyways after a month of trying to curb this by not allowing the dogs in the dinning room when anyone was eating by taking them to the doorway of the dinning room and keeping them on the other side they did it today by themselves. No begging or nothing. My son was in his high chair eating breakfast and even though he was dropping crumbs and such the dogs layed on their side of the door way not even trying to go after the crumbs. Mind you they were watching him like a hawlk and kept looking back a me, I didn't have to yell at them or correct their behavour once. I am so proud of them!!! Just thought I would share this small success.

Tundra_Queen
July 24th, 2009, 09:18 AM
That is great! Congrats on making them understand manners are important. *S*

Debbie

edwina
July 24th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Maybe you could come to my house and teach my 15 year old cat Bear to not run across the kitchen table when were eating :shrug:

TeriM
July 24th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Maybe you could come to my house and teach my 15 year old cat Bear to not run across the kitchen table when were eating :shrug:

:laughing: :laughing:

Way to go with the training :thumbs up.

maneater
July 24th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I have given up on my cats. They seem to think that they own whatever they can touch. So if you can train cats come train mine!!! Mine seem to think that if i am sleeping and my head is on the pillow that the pillow must be comfortable so they will go and push me off the pillow with their paws. :( It is amazing how 2 chi's and 2 cats can take up a king size bed.

edwina
July 25th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Mine seem to think that if i am sleeping and my head is on the pillow that the pillow must be comfortable so they will go and push me off the pillow with their paws. :( It is amazing how 2 chi's and 2 cats can take up a king size bed.

I know what you mean about hogging the bed, i had a turkish angora cat once, he was the most lovable big lug i ever had. But when he went to bed with you he wouldnt lay next to you, he had to lay long ways, which took up alot of room since he was huge. Then you could never get up in the night to go to the bathroom, because he would have your pillow by the time you came back, and good luck on getting him off of it. :D But i miss him, i would rather have him back. :cloud9:

JanM
July 26th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Well done! That's not an easy thing to train them to do but what a wonderful difference it makes when you are eating!