Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mock Orange etc

Tundra_Queen
July 23rd, 2009, 05:18 AM
Hi

Hazel, here is the pics of the Mock Orange that u asked for. I tried to get a close up of the flowers. I hope u can see them ok.

Debbie

Tundra_Queen
July 23rd, 2009, 05:20 AM
and one lonely pink lily *S*

hazelrunpack
July 23rd, 2009, 01:15 PM
They're beautiful! Not sure if what they have next door is mock orange or not, though :o It's done blooming and of course I can't find any of the pics of it that I've taken in past years! :yell: Thanks for posting it--now I'll know where to look when I finally track down one of those pics! :laughing:

That's such a pretty lily, too--that funky inner tier of petals! Gorgeous! Any idea what it is?

Tundra_Queen
July 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM
hazel I was scared I was going to be asked what lily that is. If I find out I'll let ya know. It might be in one of my garden journals. err maybe :laughing:

Debbie

hazelrunpack
July 23rd, 2009, 11:20 PM
Well it's pretty, even if it is anonymous! :D I just think that petal arrangement is so unique!

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I walked next door to look at the bush today, TQ and the stems look the same, but the leaves aren't as lush. It's well past its bloom and is in the dried little sepals (or whatever they are) stage. I'm still now sure. :o So...I'll need another pic when your bush is past its prime and is trying to set seed, please. :o

:laughing: Am I demanding, or what? :o

I wish I could find the photos of the blooms. It seems to me that the bush next door has similarly colored flowers, but I'm remembering the petals to be shorter :shrug: My memory, however, has some parts with major malfunctions. :o

Tundra_Queen
July 29th, 2009, 11:34 PM
hazel.......your not demanding but u are OR WHAT. :laughing:

My mock orange bush isn't an original mock orange..they tweaked it somehow if I remember right. The flowers might even be doubleI've had it for 20 years so I can't remember. I just know it is a mock orange.

Debbie

hazelrunpack
July 30th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I've been 'or what' for years. By this time in my life, I excel at it :D

It's a beautiful bush, regardless! I've about given up on finding my photos....I'm sure I have them archived among the many thousands...I just can't find them. So I guess I'll have to wait till next spring and pay attention when the bush next door blooms again :o