Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Slow cooker veggie meals ideas

NoahGrey
July 22nd, 2009, 04:45 PM
Hello,

I am looking for slow cooker veggie meals. Perferabilty only to cook for about 4 hours. Anyone here have any receipes that they could share. Since I live on my own, I like to be able to freeze the left overs and I have a couple days worth of food. Nothing too spicy though. My system can not handle it.

I find that I am buying wayyy to many lunchs when I am working.

Thanks,

ACO22

Bailey_
July 22nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
Do you want meals that don't have meat in them?? I have some recipies, but most of mine include meat!

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2009, 08:02 PM
I don't have any recipes, per say, but I often make some pretty decent slow cooker meals.

The last pot I made was white beans w/potato, spinach and pumpkin. I season quite a bit with oregano, pepper a little salt and anything else I can find in the pantry. I start off with vegetable stock.

This is a good site with lots of good information and recipes:

Jolinda's Vegetarian food blog (http://vegetarian.about.com/b/)

Smiley14
July 22nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
Oh, check out this woman's blog! She did only crockpot (slow cooker) cooking for a whole year and has tons of AMAZING recipes posted! I"ve been making my way through some of them and am having a blast! I am single too and like to throw stuff in the crockpot and use for meals throughout the week. :) If you scroll down towards the middle/lower half of the blog, she has her recipes broken into various categories on the left side. She has 70 Vegetarian dishes listed alone and several potato and appetizer and soup ones too. YUMMY! :)

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

ancientgirl
July 23rd, 2009, 08:01 AM
Smiley, that looks like a great blog! The first recipe looks amazing! When I make stuff in the slow cooker, it yields me a good weeks worth of lunches! If I had a bigger slow cooker, I'd be able to make more.

Thanks for posting the link! I've got it bookmarked.

NoahGrey
July 23rd, 2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys.

ACO22