Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm going to be doggy sitting!

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2009, 11:30 AM
So, my next door neighbor just called me. She and her hubby are going out of town for a competition she's got, she does body building, but she's not bulky. Anyway, it came up sort of suddenly, so she just called me and asked me if I would be able to walk her dog, feed her and just sort of watch her from Friday afternoon to Wednesday. They were going to board her, but the last time they did she got really stressed out and sick. So she asked me if I would watch her.

They live in the condo right next to mine, so it's not like I'd be walking a huge distance to get to her. I'm a little nervous but excited. She's such a sweet dog.

I'd have to walk her in the morning, then when I get home, and then before I go to bed. I wish I could just have her in my apartment, but I don't know that the gang would like that much.:sad:

Anyway, her name is China, and she's about 2 years old. Here's a picture of her.

MommaKat
July 22nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
So exciting!I'm sure you will do fine:D She is such a beauty, I love Boxers :lovestruck:

Chris21711
July 22nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Beautiful dog AG and don't be nervous, you will do just fine :highfive:

For the few days you are going to be doing this, it really isn't worth stressing your crew out :cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:....maybe you will have time just to keep her company a bit also.

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2009, 11:43 AM
She is just a beauty of a girl. I'm actually looking forward to it because it will get me out and walking!

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Beautiful dog AG and don't be nervous, you will do just fine :highfive:

For the few days you are going to be doing this, it really isn't worth stressing your crew out :cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:....maybe you will have time just to keep her company a bit also.

Oh yeah, and my neighbor, Valeria, said that she's good about being left alone for long periods of time if need be. But, I will spend a little time over in their apartment with her in the evening, just so she doesn't feel so lonely.

CearaQC
July 22nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Beautiful dog!

I think you two will have fun.:D

rainbow
July 22nd, 2009, 12:56 PM
China is beautiful. :lovestruck: Don't be nervous ...you will do fine and you know there's always someone here if you have any questions. :thumbs up

Have fun. :goodvibes:

She is just a beauty of a girl. I'm actually looking forward to it because it will get me out and walking!

And, walking a dog that is as good looking as China is a great way to meet people so you just might meet your "Mr. Right". :D

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks guys! She really is just a gorgeous girl.

Tomorrow night, Valeria will be showing me where she likes to take her on her walks. I'm going to ask her how long she likes to walk her. She was telling me I didn't have to take her out for a very long time in the morning, but I imagine she'd want to take a longer walk in the afternoon.

Luvmypitgirls
July 22nd, 2009, 01:26 PM
Ohhhh she's a pretty girl!:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2009, 02:08 PM
Ohhhh she's a pretty girl!:lovestruck:

She's very sweet too.

krdahmer
July 22nd, 2009, 02:11 PM
Aw she is a cutie.... you'll have a blast dog sitting!!!:lovestruck: (just make sure they make arrangements with their vet for you if something should happen)

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2009, 02:22 PM
Aw she is a cutie.... you'll have a blast dog sitting!!!:lovestruck: (just make sure they make arrangements with their vet for you if something should happen)

Yep, she's got that covered. She said she'd give me the vets number and her mom's number to, in case I needed something. Plus, I have her cell number. If she was smaller, she might have been able to hang out at my place. I've only ever had one dog in my apartment, and I'm guessing the cats were just too stumped about what she was to be bothered, she was a little chihuahua.:D But China is a big girl, and excitable when it comes to cats, because she wants to play. The gang might be scared. Still, I'm going to see if she will bring her inside my apartment tomorrow when she's showing me where to walk her, just to see what reaction the gang has. I'd really love for them to not be afraid of dogs.

Masha
July 22nd, 2009, 02:50 PM
what a gorgeous dog, i am sure you will have a ton of fun walking and cuddling her :cloud9::lovestruck:

Be careful dont fall too in love with doggies or next thing we know there will be a 'check out my new additon' post from you :D

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2009, 02:52 PM
what a gorgeous dog, i am sure you will have a ton of fun walking and cuddling her :cloud9::lovestruck:

Be careful dont fall too in love with doggies or next thing we know there will be a 'check out my new additon' post from you :D

Masha, you aren't too far off. I've been thinking about it for a while. I'd love to have a dog, but I don't think my finances can take one right now. I don't rule out the possibility of having one in the future. A little guy that doesn't eat too much. :D

hazelrunpack
July 22nd, 2009, 09:29 PM
She's a real cutie, AG! :lovestruck: Trying to look so regal on the stairs, but the ears declare her real character! :D

Dracko
July 22nd, 2009, 11:28 PM
She's a BIG girl. I was thinking you'd be babysitting some tiny dog. :D

Love how her back leg it tucked under the other.

babymomma
July 23rd, 2009, 01:00 AM
Masha, you aren't too far off. I've been thinking about it for a while. I'd love to have a dog, but I don't think my finances can take one right now. I don't rule out the possibility of having one in the future. A little guy that doesn't eat too much. :D

lol.. Well, I check out yorkie rescues from all over the world and if I remember correctly, There was an awesome yorkie rescue in Miami?.... They dont eat mucch, Shed much. And contrary yto some peoples beleif, they can be cat friendly. :p

We need another yorkie around here ya know!:laughing:

And despite my troubles with keely, Most are easy to train (Well, in all fairness keely has been pretty good for training, its me whos the bad one)

I expect lots of pictures:D And goodluck.. shes so darn pretty!

EDIT:

OMG adopt them all and send em' to me!

Yorkies in miami (http://www.adoptapet.com/pet-search-display?city_state=Miami%2C%20FL&clan_id=1&clan_name=dog&country_code=US&email_is_valid=&end_number=50&family_id=244&family_name=Yorkie%2C%20Yorkshire%20Terrier&geo_range=100&geo_range_km=160&is_dog=1&is_family_specific=1&postal_code=33010&quote_filename=%2Fhome%2Fsap%2Fexternals%2Fproduct ion%2Fwaiting_page_quotes%2Ffamily_specific_dog_qu otes%2F%2F2.html&saver_checkbox=0&start_number=1&state_code=FL&tmpl=search_dogs_244)

OMG.. PLEASE send me chico

Love4himies
July 23rd, 2009, 07:07 AM
OMG, you are so lucky, AG. What a beautiful girl China is.

I bet you are going to have a wonderful time on your walks and no, I would not bring her over to your place, it would be too upsetting for your kitties.

chico2
July 23rd, 2009, 07:20 AM
I agree with L4H,don't bring China to your house,remember what happened with Rocky and Bailey:yell:
You don't know if your kitties will be frightened and run off to hide,or if they will attack,like Rocky did.
I would not take the chance,but that's me..

China is a beautiful pup,you'll love walking her,I'm sure:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
July 23rd, 2009, 07:44 AM
Babymomma, you are so bad! LOL, actually, a yorkie is a breed I've been thinking about. When I had the cleaning lady come to my house, she brought her chihuahua, and the cats seemed fine with her. Maybe because she was the same size as them.:shrug:

L4H, Chico, don't worry, she won't be coming to my apartment. She's a big girl, and even though her mommy said she would be okay with them and just want to play, my gang would likely see her big size and get way too nervous. I can easily just go next door and spend some time with her in the evening, so she doesn't feel too alone.