Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How do I remove water spots?

Winston
July 22nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
This is going to sound crazy but I am wondering if anyone has any home remedies are ideas on what I can buy to remove water spots?

In my bathroom I have the walls painted white and about 1/2 the wall ceramics. I noticed a little while ago depending on the lighting or time of day you can see water spots all over the wall. Its hard to avoid because the washroom is soo tiny but I tried to wash the wall with water and soap and I can still see the spots?? not sure what to use on the wall so that it doesnt remove the paint or leave obvious marks?? I may repaint at some point too and dont want to have water spots showing up under the paint?

Any ideas?

Oh and to add insult to that I have a YUCKYYYYYY stucco ceilings!!! the whole house is friggin stucco ceilings! okay end of that rant! :D

Cindy

CearaQC
July 22nd, 2009, 10:21 AM
Like hard water stains? Or the yellow stains from water damage?

For hard water stains maybe some dish soap mixed with enough baking soda to make a paste and use with nylon scrubbie? Or lemon juice and salt? Could probably use vinegar too but lemon smells nicer. :D

Winston
July 22nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
Ceara what they are is they look like water splashes on the wall from the shower so like spray marks...definately not from water damage..

I was thinking of trying vinegar but the lemon may work? thanks :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 22nd, 2009, 09:23 PM
Is it matte paint?

Melinda
July 23rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
have you ever heard of the ultimate cloth?? my mom bought me one 3 months ago (and ones for hubs show chopper), I have done all my windows, stove daily, tiles on my bathroom wall weekly, sinks daily and everything chrome and have only used water....no more windex, no more vinegar...just the cloth, wet it, wring it out and it never leaves a streak!! no I don't get a commission *L* I just think this thing is the greatest, I toss it in with my whites every week (not with washcloths or towels)it will look a bit streaky at first but when it dries its streak free.

http://www.theultimatecloth.biz/