Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I Think I Found

pattymac
July 22nd, 2009, 01:48 AM
my house!! It's a rental for now but OMG it's a farmhouse with land! Found it on Kijiji. There's a barn in good shape, not huge but just a nice small barn. A chicken coop, waterfront...wow. It's only 5 minutes or less to the village on a very quiet road but not so quiet that it doesn't get plowed in the winter. Would need some fencing in the front if I wanted to keep some type of grass eating critter. The landlord has been fixing it up right now, he's mostly rented it to men. I'm hoping to go see it soon, I've driven by a few times and I'm giving him a chance to get it to the point where he's comfortable showing it to us. He told me it wasn't a House and Gardens type place so I told him that I wouldn't feel comfortable in that type of place anyway!! He sounds like a decent type of guy, he owns and lives in a student rental in Kingston. He would also be willing to sell it to us and hold the mortgage. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope to go see it in the next couple of weeks.

TacoGrl
July 22nd, 2009, 09:17 AM
my house!! It's a rental for now but OMG it's a farmhouse with land! Found it on Kijiji. There's a barn in good shape, not huge but just a nice small barn. A chicken coop, waterfront...wow. It's only 5 minutes or less to the village on a very quiet road but not so quiet that it doesn't get plowed in the winter. Would need some fencing in the front if I wanted to keep some type of grass eating critter. The landlord has been fixing it up right now, he's mostly rented it to men. I'm hoping to go see it soon, I've driven by a few times and I'm giving him a chance to get it to the point where he's comfortable showing it to us. He told me it wasn't a House and Gardens type place so I told him that I wouldn't feel comfortable in that type of place anyway!! He sounds like a decent type of guy, he owns and lives in a student rental in Kingston. He would also be willing to sell it to us and hold the mortgage. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope to go see it in the next couple of weeks.

Kijiji? Check for ghosts and blood stains! LoL! :laughing:

J/k...sounds great! Sounds like maybe it is something you could put your own mark on...I too prefer places like that. :thumbs up

Bina
July 23rd, 2009, 02:05 PM
My 1890 farm house/hobby farm did indeed come with a ghost....and a broken water pump, and a leaking roof, and the wind blows through the house all winter long. BUT, we did lots of repairs and made it our home.
It is a good idea to rent for a year first and get a "feel" for the place. Best wishes.