Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Darby went to the vets

Tundra_Queen
July 21st, 2009, 11:38 PM
I took Darby to the vets today. Found out she is a She. Vet couldn't tell if she had been spayed as she couldn't feel an incision. She said to wait for 3 months and see if she has a heat. She doesn't have fleas or ear mites that she could see. She weighs 7.2lbs and is about 8 months old, she's didn't think she was a year yet anyways.

The vet looked at the wounds I mentioned and she said they were healing nicely and none look infected.

She thought that she probably had her shots seeing as she had been declawed.So she didn't get needles. She did get dewormed.

She didn't make a sound in the car and she behaved well at the vets too.

Tonight I started the slow introductions to the other cats. I let O'Shawnnessey in the room with Darby twice seeing as he is the friendliest. He talked very quietly and gently to her, like he knew she was nervous. The first time she hissed a tiny bit and the second time when she had enough she went under the bed. I put the gates up in the doorway so she could see Mirabelle and Willie too.

So so far so good.

Debbie :)

14+kitties
July 21st, 2009, 11:44 PM
"Normally" when a cat is s/n if the owner wants him/her declawed they are done at the same time. That's why I kinda figure she's been spayed. I guess it will be a wait and see game to see if she goes into heat. I hope not.
Great at starting the intros. It could take a while but seeing as they are all fairly young possibly not. Good luck!! :fingerscr:goodvibes:

Jim Hall
July 21st, 2009, 11:45 PM
no ,luck in finding the owner eh?

Tundra_Queen
July 21st, 2009, 11:58 PM
"Normally" when a cat is s/n if the owner wants him/her declawed they are done at the same time. That's why I kinda figure she's been spayed. I guess it will be a wait and see game to see if she goes into heat. I hope not.
Great at starting the intros. It could take a while but seeing as they are all fairly young possibly not. Good luck!! :fingerscr:goodvibes:

I think Willie will be a problem. He is hissing at her from the other side of the gates, but he still hisses at Mirabelle and OS and the have been here for almost a year now

no ,luck in finding the owner eh?

No, Jim nothing on the owners. I asked at the vets again this morning when I was there. Still checking BB's.

Debbie